Nike Inc (NKE)

Re: Nike Inc (NKE)

Postby winston » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:24 am

Nike Inc: Buy NKE Stock. Just Do It!

Try on this pair of NKE options plays

By Tyler Craig

Source: Tyler's Trading

http://investorplace.com/2015/11/buy-nk ... kE4LbcrKM8
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Dow component Nike (NKE) has decided to increase its dividend by 14 percent, declare a two-for-one stock split, and announce a $12 billion stock buyback program.

Source: CNBC
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:43 pm

NIKE'S UPTREND CONTINUES

Today, we check in on the American consumer... by highlighting the performance of one of the most recognizable clothing brands in the world.

On Friday, we showed you that the economy is in better shape than the pessimists would have you believe. If the big credit-card companies are soaring, it's a good sign "things can't be all that bad." Another way to gauge consumer activity and the health of the economy is with sports apparel giant Nike (NKE).

Nike is a name that's synonymous with sports and athletic wear. The company sells around 120 million pairs of shoes each year in 160 countries. It offers thousands of different products – from golf clubs to sweatshirts – that appeal to millions of people.

As you can see below, consumers continue to spend their money on Nike products. It's been a steady ride higher for shareholders...

The stock is up 100%-plus over the past two and a half years. And shares have gained steam recently, up nearly 25% in just the last three months. It's further proof that the American consumer is alive and well...

Source: Daily Wealth
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 am

not vested

Is Nike Stock a Buy After Shareholder-Friendly Dividend Hike and Buyback?

They're good moves, but they might not be quite enough

By Charles Sizemore

Source: Sizemore Capital

http://investorplace.com/2015/11/nike-s ... lpH23YrKM8
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:19 am

not vested

NKE – Why Nike Stock Is Ready to Run

Analysts are getting increasingly bullish on Nike as the fundamental story keeps improving
By Anthony Mirhaydari

Source: Investor Place

http://investorplace.com/2016/01/nike-s ... qwdO_l96M8
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:52 pm

not vested

Nike's Dominance Can't Last Forever

By Shelly Banjo

With more than $30 billion in annual sales and control of 90 percent of the footwear market, Nike remains the unquestioned leader in global sportswear.

Source: Bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/article ... st-forever
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Nike faces 3 big competitive headwinds

Morgan Stanley analyst Jay Sole downgraded Nike's stock from overweight to equal weight and cut his price target by $9.

By Julia La Roche

Source: Yahoo Finance

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/morgan-st ... 21955.html
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Best Stocks to Buy on a Dip: Nike Inc (NKE)

Nike Inc (NKE) was having a bad year before the selloff in shares accelerated recently.

The stock is down 14% for the year-to-date, 8% in just the past month and 1% over the last five sessions. Although the company faces real challenges, this dip is overdone.

The liquidation of Sports Authority hurts Nike, sure, but not by much. Another concern is a loss of market share to competitors in a slowing marketplace.

Fair enough, but these anxieties forget about a key catalyst and a longer-term tailwind.

Nike stock traditionally does very well after the summer Olympics, and Rio is just around the bend. Furthermore, analysts might worry about third-party retail sales, but that ignores NKE’s tremendous and growing direct sales business.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:03 pm

not vested

Overbought Consumer Staples to Dump Now: Nike Inc (NKE)

Nike Inc (NKE) is a great example of a company that is simply priced too high.

I was raised in a house where Keds and PF Flyers — selection determined solely by which one was cheapest at the time — were the shoe of the day, so I can say that I have never been able to justify the price of premium tennis shoes and have therefore never owned a pair of Nikes.

I do confess that a chunk of my first paycheck went towards a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars, but this was decades before Nike bought the company.

My youngest is a Dr. Who fan, so we have spent some money on several hues of Chucks this year, but I still wear cheaper off brands. I am, however, the outlier, and Nike still sells well.

The problem is that you are paying a very high price for the stock right now. The share traded with an Enterprise Value/EBITDA ratio of 17.8 and a price-to-book multiple of 7.3. The stock has a trailing price-to-earnings ratio of 25 and fetches 22 times next years estimated profits.

It is a fine company, but the price is simply too high for intelligent investing right now.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:52 am

Rare Value Stocks to Buy: Nike (NKE)

Nike Inc (NYSE:NKE) sits at a PEG ratio well north of 1, so it’s certainly not a true “value stock.”

That’s where GARP comes in.

Analysts begin by providing 15% annualized EPS growth estimates.

Nike definitely gets a 10% premium for having more cash than ($5.4 billion to $2 billion), 10% for having great free cash flow and 10% for its brand name.

That alone means I’m willing to pay about 20 times earnings. Next year’s earnings are pegged at $3.72 billion, meaning NKE stock trades at 26 times earnings, or a PEG ratio of 1.3.

That number wouldn’t work with most stocks, but for an innovative world-class company like Nike, it’s fine by me.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to L to R