McDonalds (MCD)

Re: McDonalds (MCD)

Postby winston » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Stats of the week: 7,000

Number of McDonald's restaurants in Europe.

According to the Associated Press, Europe is the company's largest market.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:20 pm

McDonalds Fast Food: Toxic Ingredients Include Putty and Cosmetic Petrochemicals

Every mouthful of McDonalds meal contains a handful of chemicals that raise ‘bad’ cholesterol levels, increase diabetes risk, lower immunity, and damage DNA.

In fact fast food contains so many harmful ingredients that I wouldn’t even feed it to a pet because it would be cruel.

http://www.endalldisease.com/mcdonalds- ... chemicals/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby behappyalways » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:14 pm

McDonald’s is closing hundreds of stores this year
http://fortune.com/2015/04/22/mcdonalds ... hp-popular
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 12, 2015 7:42 pm

not vested

April 15, 2015

Best Stocks for the Next 10 Years: McDonald’s Corporation (MCD)

And finally I come to the red-headed stepchild of the Dow Industrials … that fast-food joint everyone loves to hate, McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD).

Given McDonald’s lack of growth in recent years and the general sentiment that it is getting its lunch eaten by healthier fast-casual chains like Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG), McDonald’s might seem like an odd choice to buy and hold for the next decade. But McDonald’s boring stodginess is exactly why it makes the cut.

McDonald’s has been around a long time, and this is not the first time it has fallen behind trendier peers. MCD has redefined itself multiple times, and it will do so again.

McDonald’s is anything if not a survivor.

Let me put it to you like this: I think — and sincerely hope — that Chipotle is still around in 10 years. And I eat there often enough to probably single-handedly keep at least a few of their locations open. But while I think Chipotle will still be around, I know McDonald’s will be.

I’m willing to buy McDonald’s today, when it is out of fashion, because it is a company that takes its commitment to shareholders very seriously.

McDonald’s has raised its dividends for 38 consecutive years and pays a current dividend yield of 3.5%.

Source: Investor Place
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat May 23, 2015 9:49 am

not vested

The notorious fast food restaurant has been upfront about its Supersized problems.

Hedge funds likely took more interest in McDonald's (MCD)after it fired its CEO in January and brought in a new one.

New CEO CEO Steve Easterbrook has already vowed to upgrade the chain's food (think sirloin burgers and artisanal sandwiches).

There's still a long way to go, especially with workers calling for better wages and Millennials flocking to Chipotle and Shake Shack, but some hedge funds are betting on a turnaround.

Source: CNN
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:49 am

not vested

3 Core Retirement Holdings: McDonald’s (MCD)

Dividend Yield: 3.6%

At the top of the list is a stock that has become nearly as a big of a pariah as Big Tobacco: Global fast-food giant McDonald’s (MCD).

I know, I know. Americans are eating healthier these days, and that means fewer Big Macs and fries washed down with sugary Dr. Pepper. (Yes, Dr. Pepper. It’s a Texas thing. Deal with it.)

But keep in mind, McDonald’s has been around for a long time, and its menu has changed more times than I can count since the stock went public in 1965. As Americans’ tastes have changed, so have McDonald’s offerings.

I should also add that McDonald’s is not purely an American company. In fact, it gets less than a third of its sales in the U.S. A little more than 40% of sales come from Europe, with most of the rest coming from Asia and emerging markets.

Why do I like McDonald’s as a core retirement stock?

It’s all about the dividend. MCD stock has raised its dividend every year since 1977, and its dividend has been growing at a blistering pace over the past decade.

Over the past 10 years, McDonald’s has grown its dividend at a 18% clip. Dividend growth has been a little more modest of late, growing at a 7% clip over the past three years.

That’s not half-bad. MCd is a champion among retirement stocks, and you can buy it today with a 3.5% dividend yield.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 pm

not vested

All-American Stocks to Buy: McDonald’s (MCD)

Market Cap: $93 billion

The McDonald’s (MCD) Golden Arches are recognized across the globe, but it all began right here, in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Yes, MCD has seen its share of struggles of late. “Same-store sales” is a dirty word when it comes to McDonald’s, and Q1 earnings weren’t exactly promising, either.

And yet, MCD is slightly edging the market with roughly 4% gains in 2015. Why?

Well, while there’s only so much innovation that can happen in the fast food industry, McDonald’s is aggressively pursuing at least one new idea that some investors seem high on: the all-day breakfast menu.

In a growing number of locations, Mickey D’s wildly popular breakfast offerings (don’t get me started on those bacon, egg and cheese biscuits) will be offered at any hour of the day. I have a tough time seeing how that couldn’t be a good thing.

Also attractive is McDonald’s quarterly payout. MCD has increased its dividend for 38 straight years, and with a current dividend yield of 3.5%, all you’ve gotta do is sit back, relax and collect your quarterly check.

Source: investor Place
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:49 pm

not vested

Stocks to Fund Retirement: McDonald’s (MCD)

In this age of organic eating, McDonald’s has become something of a pariah stock. It hasn’t quite reached the notoriety of Big Tobacco … or even of agribusiness giant Monsanto (MON). But it’s hard to find a company more disdained by the chattering classes than good ol’ Mickey D’s.

But remember, tastes are always changing in America, and this is not the first time that McDonald’s has been distinctly out of style. McDonald’s is a survivor, and as Americans’ tastes have changed, so have McDonald’s menu offerings.

So, why do I like McDonald’s as a happy retirement stock?

More than anything, it comes down to the dividend. McDonald’s has raised its dividend every year since 1977, and its dividend has grown at an eye-popping pace over the past decade.

Over the past 10 years, McDonald’s has grown its dividend at a 19.5% clip. Dividend growth has been a little more modest recently, growing at a 9% clip over the past three years.

But 9% growth is just fine in my book. McDonalds is a champion dividend payer, and you can buy it today with a 3.5% dividend yield.

Source: investor Place
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Stocks to Fund Retirement: McDonald’s (MCD)

In this age of organic eating, McDonald’s has become something of a pariah stock. It hasn’t quite reached the notoriety of Big Tobacco … or even of agribusiness giant Monsanto (MON). But it’s hard to find a company more disdained by the chattering classes than good ol’ Mickey D’s.

But remember, tastes are always changing in America, and this is not the first time that McDonald’s has been distinctly out of style. McDonald’s is a survivor, and as Americans’ tastes have changed, so have McDonald’s menu offerings.

So, why do I like McDonald’s as a happy retirement stock?

More than anything, it comes down to the dividend. McDonald’s has raised its dividend every year since 1977, and its dividend has grown at an eye-popping pace over the past decade. Over the past 10 years, McDonald’s has grown its dividend at a 19.5% clip. Dividend growth has been a little more modest recently, growing at a 9% clip over the past three years.

But 9% growth is just fine in my book. McDonalds is a champion dividend payer, and you can buy it today with a 3.5% dividend yield.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Fast-food giant McDonald's rises 8% over the past month.
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to L to R