Great Panther Silver (GPL)

Great Panther Silver (GPL)

Postby investar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:52 pm

This stock is listed in Canada (GPR.TO) and in the US (GPL). Decent liquidity.

Factsheet: http://s1.q4cdn.com/278725388/files/doc ... 25_web.pdf

2 Silver mines in Mexico, 1 project in Peru

Profitable in Q1 2017
Strong balance sheet, no debt
Strong leverage to silver price
Good management
Most recent financing at around 1.7$ level with warrants of 2.25$

It dropped heavily in the last months, from a high of 2.2$ in February (just 4m ago) to the current level 1.2$.
Mainly because they have temporarily suspended one of the operating mines for upgrades.
In their outlook, they speak of 14$-16$ per ounce silver (cost).

I bought some shares at 1.3$ and 1.2$ for the longer term; I believe it can trade back at above 2$ within 15 months.
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Re: Great Panther Silver (GPL)

Postby investar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:24 am

This stock has not reacted (yet) on the recently improving silver price.
If/When 1.38 breaks, it has the potential to fastly rise back to 1.75 or higher...
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby winston » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Silver Stocks to Buy: Great Panther Silver (GPL)

by Brian Shamblen

Whenever I have the pleasure of discussing precious metals, I like to throw in a speculative name. Few investments carry the potential of rip-roaring gains quite like silver stocks.

Presently, one of my favorite speculative ideas is Great Panther Silver Ltd (NYSEMKT:GPL).

I’m looking at GPL stock as a “riches to rags back to riches” play. In 2016, Great Panther Silver shocked the investment community with a mind-blowing 220% return. GPL carried the momentum into 2017, at one point moving up to a 36% lead.

However, a pretty bad earnings miss in the first quarter cratered market sentiment. With other options on the table, people simply abandoned GPL, and it’s down 20% YTD.

However, that’s looking like a mistake. Furthermore, speculative buyers can capitalize on this potential error, and I’m not just referring to the North Korea crisis. Against other silver stocks, GPL stacks up nicely in terms of profitability margins.

Also, Great Panther features better revenue growth than the vast majority of mining companies. On top of that, GPL is a rarity among silver miners for its clean, zero debt balance sheet.

If you want to protect against geopolitical volatility, gold is a solid bet. If you want to profit from it, take a good look at GPL.

Source: Sprott's Money
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby investar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:01 am

This stock is a bit boring, but at today's price of 1.4$ not risky in the gold/silver space. It should be able to reach 2$ if the silver price moves up.
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Lots has happened with this stock in the last months

They took over Beadell Resources in Australia

Focus now on Gold and Silver.
Maybe as a midsize producer, they want to engage in the upcoming consolidation wave in the sector?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... erger-push

"We are very pleased to close this important transaction that immediately transforms Great Panther into an intermediate precious metals producer with a strong and diversified portfolio of producing mines, advanced stage growth projects, and exploration assets," stated James Bannantine , President and CEO. "Combining Great Panther and Beadell's respective guidance adds to approximately 200,000 of gold equivalent ounces for 2019 and positions the Company in the ranks of intermediate producers(1). Our focus in the near-term will be on the integration of the Brazilian operations, the continued optimization of the Tucano gold mine, and advancing an exploration program to unlock the significant exploration potential of Tucano."

Concurrent with the completion of the Acquisition, Dr. Nicole Adshead-Bell , former CEO & Managing Director of Beadell, joins Great Panther's Board of Directors. Mr. R.W. ( Bob) Garnett , Chair of Great Panther said: "We are pleased to welcome Dr. Adshead-Bell to Great Panther's Board of Directors. Her extensive knowledge of precious metal exploration and mining, plus many years of buy-side, capital markets and corporate experience, will help Great Panther in realizing the significant upside potential of Tucano."
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:21 am

Rock bottom price here after some negative news releases?
0.45$
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:38 am

If there is one stock that can benefit enormously of the higher silver and gold prices, it will be GPL.

It was shorted into oblivion for mis-management during 2019 and has never been cheaper (5 days ago).

It has easy 5* upside potential if it can just return to break-even during 2020
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:30 am

Solid update today:

Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Highlights

Nearly tripled annual production: Produced approximately 147,000 consolidated gold equivalent ounces in 2019, a 182% increase compared to 2018, driven by the acquisition of Tucano.

Stronger finish to the year at Tucano: Exceeded the high end of the most recent quarterly guidance, producing over 34,000 gold ounces in the fourth quarter of 2019.

Record annual production at Topia : Delivered silver equivalent production of 1.8 million ounces, benefitting from an increase in mill capacity, grade and an advancement of mine development.

Acquired the flagship Tucano mine: Completed the acquisition of Tucano in March 2019 , transforming Great Panther into a growing, intermediate precious metals producer.

Delivered operational improvements: Increased mine productivities and metallurgical recoveries at Tucano, expanded Topia throughput, and advanced on-going key exploration programs.

Strengthened senior management team: Added key leadership positions across a number of operational, financial and other areas.

"We ended 2019 on a stronger note at Tucano, exceeding the high end of our most recent guidance range for the fourth quarter," stated Jeffrey Mason , Interim President & CEO. "Reflecting on 2019 as a whole, the acquisition of Tucano has transformed Great Panther, nearly tripling our gold equivalent production. As we begin 2020, we look forward to another year of production growth while continuing to execute on key operational initiatives in Brazil and Mexico , including expanded exploration programs. Together with our recent key management additions and $21 million in non-equity funding, we are well positioned to execute on our 2020 plans."

It is noted that operational results are preliminary and subject to final adjustment. Final operational and cost results for 2019 and operational and cost guidance for 2020, will be published with the Company's financial results for the fourth quarter and the full year 2019.

Consolidated Operational Results

Great Panther's 2019 gold equivalent production of 146,853 ounces is above the mid-point of its most recent annual consolidated production guidance of 142,000 – 149,000 ounces. Q4 2019 production for Tucano exceeds the Company's most recent Q4 guidance for the mine.

In Q4 2019 production for GMC was sourced from both the San Ignacio Mine and limited areas of the Guanajuato Mine for which mining had been suspended for the previous three quarters to allow for a focussed exploration program. This explains the lower year-over-year production levels, as planned by the Company. The exploration program at the Guanajuato Mine advanced with three drill rigs in operation with the objective of outlining in-situ blocks of higher-grade mineralization and increased mill feed from the Guanajuato Mine in 2020. The Company expects to release an updated NI 43-101 Mineral Resource estimate before the end of March 2020 for the San Ignacio and Guanajuato mines. The Topia Mineral Resource update is targeted to be completed in July 2020 .
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:11 am

it was (and still is) a good idea to buy some shares: two new analyst reports came out,

one with target 1$ (Outperform)
and one with target 1.75$ (Buy)
investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby investar » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:20 am

investar
Boss' Left Hand Person

Next

Return to E to K