Franco-Nevada (FNV)

Franco-Nevada (FNV)

Postby winston » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:08 am

not vested

This is one of the best gold stocks in the market

by Brian Weepie

Source: Stansberry Resource Report

http://thecrux.com/this-is-one-of-the-b ... buy-today/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Franco-Nevada (FNV)

Postby winston » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Gold-royalty firm Franco-Nevada soars 36% in the past month.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Gold-royalty company Franco-Nevada hits an all-time high... up 60% in less than two months.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:18 pm

If You Own Just One Gold Stock, This Should Be It

By Matt Badiali

Source: The S&A Resource Report

http://dailytradealert.com/2016/04/15/i ... uld-be-it/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:37 pm

This Is Easily My Favorite Gold Stock

By Chris Mayer

People often ask me for my favorite gold stock.

That's easy. It's not even close! In fact, this stock should be a core holding for anyone who wants some exposure to the yellow metal.

Last week, I was at Grant's Spring Investment Conference in Manhattan. It's a semi-annual gathering of gold bugs and bearishly inclined investors.

One of the speakers was Pierre Lassonde, the chairman and co-founder of Franco Nevada (NYSE: FNV), a gold royalty business. The title of his talk was "Gold: The Investment You Never Knew." It was a standard pitch on gold. With a predictable conclusion: Lassonde is bullish on the metal.

But he was silent about the elephant in the room... the attractiveness of Franco Nevada itself.

Lassonde, 68, is a legendary character in gold circles thanks to the freakishly strong performance of Franco Nevada's stock.

From its inception in 1982 to its purchase by Newmont Mining in 2002, Franco Nevada delivered a 36% annualized rate of return to its stockholders. This is an astounding return for a stock in any industry. It is doubly astounding that Franco Nevada achieved that return in the gold-mining industry - a business sector that is notorious for destroying capital and for being a minefield for investors.

In 2007, Newmont spun out Franco Nevada. It's been on its own again ever since. And it continues its winning ways. Since 2007, the stock is up 400%. By comparison, the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEArca: GDX) - an exchange-traded fund made up of gold mining stocks - has lost half its value. The price of gold itself is up only about 50%.

A Glittering Performance

What is Franco Nevada's secret? Well, it's not a miner. It's a gold royalty company. In essence, it is a kind of financier. The company fronts the money for part of a mine's development in exchange for a royalty, or a percentage of what the mine produces over time. As such, Franco Nevada escapes a lot of the dirty work of mining.

The company's return on capital is better and more consistent than gold miners'... and it still makes money on gold's upside.

But Franco Nevada can generate a solid return on its capital even when the gold price goes nowhere. It's also debt-free and loaded with cash.

I alerted readers that Franco Nevada was a good buy in December - when the stock was $46. Today it's $67... a 40% gain. Even at today's level, Franco Nevada is one to buy and hold for the long haul. It's easily my favorite gold stock.

Source: Non-Dollar Report
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:46 pm

not vested

Franco Nevada Corp (NYSE: FNV)

Franco-Nevada Corporation operates as a gold-focused royalty and stream company in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Chile, and Africa.

It also has interests in silver ores; platinum group metals, including palladium; other minerals comprising base metals, iron ore, coal, and industrial and miscellaneous minerals; and oil and gas properties.

As of March 10, 2016, the company had 262 mineral assets and 78 oil and gas assets.

Source: Today's Big Stock

http://todaysbigstock.com/2016/08/18/fr ... -nyse-fnv/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Sep 28, 2016

not vested

Franco-Nevada Moves Focus From Gold To This

Although well-known mining executive David Harquail remains optimistic on the gold sector, he says it may be time for Franco-Nevada to be looking at other commodities.

KITCO NEWS -- Although well-known mining executive David Harquail remains optimistic on the gold sector, he says it may be time for Franco-Nevada to be looking at other commodities.

Chief executive of the royalty company noted that it may be harder for royalty companies to find bargains in the precious metals space right now. "I think the reality right now in the gold space, in terms of us getting good deals, we can't really compete with the brokers," he told Kitco News at the Mines & Money conference in Toronto.

"So, it might be time to look at other commodities and find better bargains in other commodities." However, Harquail remains optimistic on Franco-Nevada's potential, noting that he is "very relaxed" in this environment and the company continues to benefit from the $1.2 billion deployed for acquisitions this year.

"If we do nothing, we've got growth for the next 5 years and pretty steady production."

Source: The Street

https://www.thestreet.com/video/1375535 ... yptr=yahoo
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:32 pm

not vested

Franco-Nevada beats Street 3Q forecasts

TORONTO (AP) _ Franco-Nevada Corp. (FNV) on Monday reported third-quarter net income of $54.4 million.

On a per-share basis, the Toronto-based company said it had net income of 30 cents.

The results surpassed Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of nine analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 24 cents per share.

The precious metals streaming and royalty company posted revenue of $172 million in the period, which also topped Street forecasts. Four analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $163.2 million.

Franco-Nevada shares have climbed 43 percent since the beginning of the year. In the final minutes of trading on Monday, shares hit $65.24, a rise of 35 percent in the last 12 months.

Source: Associated Press
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:19 pm

not vested

This is Still the Best Stock for Resource Investors Today

By Brian Weepie

One of the royalties Franco-Nevada added was a silver stream on the Antamina copper and zinc mine in Peru. Diversified metal producer Teck Resources operates the mine.

Antamina has been in production since 2001 but has a long way to go. Franco-Nevada purchased Teck’s interest in all of the silver at Antamina for $610 million.

At today’s prices, Franco-Nevada will get nearly all of its investment back when Teck produces the reserves (the silver in the ground that Teck can produce at a profit).

It will effectively get the resources (the silver that exists but may not yet be profitable) for free… And Antamina has two times more resources than reserves.

Source: S&A Resource Report

http://dailytradealert.com/2016/11/12/t ... ors-today/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:28 pm

not vested

A Low-Risk, High-Upside, Income-Paying Way to Play Gold’s Potential Run Higher

By Peter Krauth

Source: Money Morning

http://dailytradealert.com/2017/03/14/a ... un-higher/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to E to K