Fluor Corp (FLR)

Fluor Corp (FLR)

Postby kennynah » Wed May 14, 2008 7:13 pm

14 May 2008 11:05 GMT
Fluor Signs $1.8 Billion Pact To Build Wind Farm
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Fluor Corp. (FLR) signed a contract with Scottish & Southern Energy PLC (SSE.LN) to design and construct the Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm.

The contract is worth about $1.8 billion and will be booked in the second quarter.

Construction on the farm will begin in 2009 and finish in 2011.

Fluor also sold its 50% stake in Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds Ltd. to Scottish & Southern Energy for about $80 million.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: FLUOR FLR ( wind energy )

Postby blid2def » Wed May 14, 2008 7:44 pm

KNN - missed the chart for this guy. Today it pop up in the Stockcharts stock scan... I take a look - wahdao eh. Geyser liao!
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Wed May 14, 2008 8:01 pm

to late bah...game over... whenever cnbc talks about it...i usually see if got chance to "short" it...bcos, the whole f*cking world watching would see it too...let the retailers go and get suckered...

at least wait for a correction, and then see if got chance to move up, then enter...

that's how i would do it...

in fact, i used to "count" the number of times cnbc talks about a counter...especially the ones i have...the more they "poon" the more i get worried ...hahaha
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Wed May 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Yeah, the most TL one is when you watch a stock then you thinking "swee liao" and "ahm chio". Then Cramer open his big mouth. Then all go Hong Kong shopping.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Wed May 14, 2008 8:58 pm

ya man...jim roger is real d**k.... i do sometimes stay up to watch his 6am tok cock show...just to get tickers ideas....which is his only contribution..then decide myself...

bascially, any man on the street will do just as well as his picks...which is absolutely buay choon one...

((edited))..

yes..i meant jim cramer...and roger is just equally a d**k for his haughtiness ... i really suspect he poon commodities up for himself to unwind his positions..
Last edited by kennynah on Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Wed May 14, 2008 9:04 pm

kennynah wrote:ya man...jim roger is real d**k.... i do sometimes stay up to watch his 6am tok cock show...just to get tickers ideas....which is his only contribution..then decide myself...

bascially, any man on the street will do just as well as his picks...which is absolutely buay choon one...

Eh you talking about Jim Cramer or Jim Rogers? You seem to be describing Cramer but you put the other Jim's name haha. But yeah Cramer is a d**k.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... sFire.aspx

snippet:

In the interview, Cramer said a hedge fund manager's favorite tactic is to get a rumor about a stock to an unwitting reporter -- at The Wall Street Journal or at his current employer, CNBC -- and hope that it moves the stock in the direction the manager wants.

Cramer said some tactics are "blatantly illegal" but sometimes essential for poorly performing hedge funds.

Cramer said if a market participant wanted to get shares of a company like Research in Motion lower, then he should first get investors "talking about it as if there is something wrong with RIMM. Then you call the (Wall Street) Journal and get the bozo reporter in Research in Motion and you would feed that (rival) Palm's (PALM, news, msgs) got a killer it's going to give away," he said. "These are all the things that you must do on a day like today and if you're not doing it, maybe you shouldn't be in the game.

"It might cost me $15 million or $20 million to knock RIMM down but it would be fabulous because it would beleaguer all the moron longs who are also keying on Research in Motion," Cramer said.

He also said the Securities and Exchange Commission does not understand some illegal activity.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Hmm... wonder if [symbol]FLR[/symbol] will cover back the gap up on May 13. Signs of a climax top?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 pm

cant tell boos.... all i know is that if it goes below 182 (the intraday's low on that gap up day)...then i will see it as another bearish signal... however, at this time, i dont like that "hanging man" on 19thMay

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Fluor Corp (FLR)

Postby winston » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 am

China Zhenhua, Fluor win $350 mln UK wind farm deal
Wed Jun 4, 2008 8:54pm EDT

SHANGHAI, June 5 (Reuters) - China's Zhenhua Port Machinery (600320.SS: Quote, Profile, Research) (900947.SS: Quote, Profile, Research) and engineering group Fluor Corp (FLR.N: Quote, Profile, Research) have won a 230 million euro ($350 million) order from a British offshore wind farm, the Chinese maker and exporter of port equipment said on Thursday.

The order, for more than 110,000 tonnes of steel framework structures, is scheduled for delivery in 2009 and 2010, Shanghai-based Zhenhua said in a statement.

Zhenhua has been expanding overseas, helping to boost its net profit 25 percent in 2007.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Fluor Corp (FLR)

Postby winston » Sat May 10, 2014 4:24 am

not vested

Fluor Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication and modularization, commissioning and maintenance, and project management services worldwide.

The company operates in five segments: Oil & Gas, Industrial & Infrastructure, Government, Global Services, and Power.

The company also offers unionized management and construction services in the United States and Canada. Fluor Corporation was founded in 1912 and is headquartered in Irving, Texas.

http://todaysbigstock.com/2014/05/09/fl ... yse-flr-3/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to E to K