Axon Enterprise (AAXN)

Axon Enterprise (AAXN)

Postby winston » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:10 pm

not vested

Axon Enterprise

This company AAXN, had a good run with tasers. It still sells them. But now they are ubiquitous.

So for growth, the company has moved to body cameras. It changed its name from Taser International to Axon — the brand name of its body cameras — to represent the shift.

“Body cams are a commodity,” says James. “The value-add and differentiation is in the software.” Archiving, analyzing and retrieving all that video for delivery to courts and the media is no easy task without the right software.

“It has taken years to develop,” says James. Now that the bulk of this investment is in place, profit margins should grow as the company makes more sales.

Source: Market Watch
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Axon Enterprise (AAXN)

Postby winston » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:29 pm

Subscription Service Stocks With Big Growth: Axon (AAXN)

The company formerly know as Taser, Axon (NASDAQ:AAXN) has made a big pivot over the past two years which has shares up nearly 200% over the past year.

What is that big pivot? Much like Apple, Axon is pivoting from selling hardware to selling software.

Specifically, the company is going from selling exclusively body cameras and smart weapons, to selling body cameras, smart weapons and accompanying subscription software services that modernize all parts of law enforcement agencies. These services have been the big growth segment of Axon recently.

The bear thesis on AAXN stock rests on the idea that the body camera and smart weapon markets, much like the smartphone market, are nearing saturation.

But, that point importantly misses the fact that AAXN will continue growing through subscription services which further and perpetually monetize its hardware base. Thus, AAXN stock’s big growth narrative is really just getting started.

Source: Investor Place
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:04 pm

not vested

Axon (AAXN)
% Off All-Time Highs: 37%

One of my favorite growth stocks back in 2017 was Axon (NASDAQ:AAXN). The thesis was simple.

The law enforcement world is outdated. It needs to be technologically upgraded. Axon provides solutions that do just that across a wide spectrum applications, including smart weapons, body cameras and digital recording systems.

Adoption of these solutions will grow by leaps and bounds over the next several years. As it does, Axon stock, which seemed hugely undervalued at $20, will rally.

Fast forward two years. The big rally in Axon stock happened. It jumped from $20 to nearly $80 in a year and a half. That rally was overdone. Now, the stock has pulled back in a big way to below $50. This pullback is likewise overdone.

The core fundamental growth narrative of Axon improving processes and outcomes across the law enforcement world remains healthy and unchallenged (there are basically no competitors). The stock just got ahead of itself at $80.

I’ve long maintained that Axon stock is fundamentally supported and attractive at $50. I maintain that stance today, and that’s why I think this stock is ready to reverse course soon.

Source: Investorplace
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:39 pm

not vested

March 9, 2019

Axon remains my best growth stock to buy

by Brian Stoffel

Last month, I singled out Axon -- maker of Taser stun guns, Axon body cameras, and the Evidence.com platform -- as my top small cap to buy. Since then, the company reported earnings and the stock fell over 10%.

Based on what was in the earnings report, I'm only more confident about its prospects. Axon is making the conscious decision to forgo short-term profits and instead chase long-term market share via recurring revenue. Wall Street doesn't like that, but long-term shareholders with the stomach for volatility should love it.

During the conference call, founder and CEO Patrick Smith announced the company's body cameras and Evidence.com platform, would be expanding beyond law enforcement into emergency responders and firefighters, greatly expanding the total addressable market.

The company is also giving away its new Taser 7 weapon in a subscription-based bundle, and it will include access to Axon's newest product release -- Axon Records -- for an initial fee of $0.

That helps explain why management believes revenue growth will be tepid. That's what happens when you give products away for free. But do you know what else happens? You lock those customers in for life: The switching costs and network effects mean the competition won't be able to touch Axon.

When the trial periods are over, high-margin revenue should start flowing in, and long-term shareholders will be handsomely rewarded for their patience.

Source: Motley Fool
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 pm

not vested

Why I Think Axon Enterprise's Q4 Earnings Miss Is a Gift to Investors

The stun-gun maker looks like it stumbled, but it's really setting the stage for future growth.

Rich Duprey Rich Duprey (TMFCop)

Mar 4, 2019

The TASER and Axon body camera manufacturer looks wildly expensive at 93 times trailing earnings and over 60 times next year's estimates, even after its stock tumbled.

Data collected from body cameras is stored on Evidence.com and gives law-enforcement agencies a critical tool for managing the data.

Source: Motley Fool

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/03/ ... -is-a.aspx
winston
Billionaire Boss

Return to A to D