Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG)

Cheniere Energy (LNG)

Postby iam802 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 pm

t was only pre-market open that I touch on LNG having a strong momentum.

And how things turn around very fast this morning.

In this case, we can see on the Ichimoku Daily Chart that LNG price has run up a lot in a very short timeframe.

One of the key habits that I learn from the hard way is to always be prepared to take money off the table once you have a good run up.

How do I know that there is a good run up?

Whenever the price move away from the Tenkan sen. That is a sign to me.

In LNG, price is at $8.2 yesterday close and Tenkan sen is around 7.50 region.

I am not keen to see it drop so much (to $7.50) before I take my profit.

So, in this case, I uses the 1min chart to monitor for sudden downward movement.

Below is a 1min Ichimoku chart that I use for my entries and exit during execution.

In my case, I already know that the price has run up a lot.

So, my job is to define the support level on the 1min chart.

And if it fell below my stop-loss (or take profit level in this case), I will just exit.

For LNG, I just use $8 as my exit point. There is no maths or science in it.

It is just a round figure (or a mental stop) that I use.

The moment, it move below, I was out (a bit slower than I wish). My final exit price is $7.82

I have no idea if it will bounce back to this level (or even higher) over the next few days. But, I would want to look for some consolidation before taking a position in LNG again.

For now, there exists some risk. Should LNG be succesful in getting approval for their expansion to build more terminals, they will have to raise funds somewhere. And I won’t be surprised that selling more shares could be one option.

Reminder to self. Always be ready to take profit. If there is a good run up, take profit off the table.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Re: Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG)

Postby iam802 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 pm

I have a long position on LNG since I sold off the previous time.

This is based on the fact that the price has consolidated.

Both the Tenkan sen and Kijun sen are now very close to each other which will strengthen the support going forward.

Also, a closer look at the Tenkan sen suggest that it is ready to move upwards soon. Couple this with the slightly upward sloping leading kumo.

My guess, LNG may be ready to hit new high soon.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 pm

and fall it does...

==

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/k ... 0308121300

Cheniere Energy Inc. Sues Centerbridge After Revenue Dispute-DJ
Tuesday, 8 Mar 2011 07:13am EST
Dow Jones reported that Cheniere Energy Inc. has filed a lawsuit against Centerbridge Partners LP, saying the distressed investment-focused hedge fund disrupted Cheniere's business with a letter alleging it had defaulted on debt.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 am

LNG has break its previous high within a 2 day rally. Seems like it is on the move again.

I am expecting a small retrace first to serve its price-action.

On the Ichimoku Chart, support is around 10.4 followed by 9.5

Note:
DOE Conditionally Approves Cheniere's LNG Export Application for Non-FTA Countries

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Asian demand to pull LNG east, price convergence uncertain

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ ... News&rpc=6

* Asian gas prices surging compare to U.S. benchmark

* Convergence of Asia, Europe, US gas prices unclear

* Low US prices attracting buyers' attention

By Randy Fabi

SINGAPORE, Sep 21 (Reuters) - Booming Asian demand for liquefied natural gas will draw supplies east from Qatar and the United States, but the prospects of prices falling for the region remain uncertain.

Asian LNG imports are expected to reach 152 million tonnes this year, according to one analyst's estimate, which would be a 15 percent increase on 2010. By 2020, it could jump to nearly 225 million tonnes.

But prices for LNG in Asia are well above those elsewhere in the world, partly due to oil-linked pricing for long-term supplies.

Spot LNG prices in Asia for October delivery are currently above $16 per million British thermal unit (mmBtu), about four times the price of U.S. gas prices and nearly $7 more than the British benchmark. LNG-AS

"At some point in time these prices need to converge together. It cannot continue for long at different prices for different reasons -- maybe for the short period is fine," said R.K. Garg, LNG finance director for India's Petronet , at an industry conference in Singapore.

"When fuel terminals in the U.S. start producing and exporting to other countries then there will be competition," he added.

Some industry players, however, believe the global convergence of prices might even be completely out of reach.

"I think the convergence of prices is a far away concept. We always have events that are changing the behavior of the system. We will see convergence in terms of the flexibility of the product and flow," said Enrique Dameno, LNG sales director for Repsol Gas Natural LNG .

SUPPLIES FROM THE WEST

The flow of LNG supplies westward from suppliers that have traditionally looked to the Atlantic Basin for customers has already begun, in part due to Japan, which was forced to lean heavily on LNG imports to replace much of the nuclear power that it lost after the March earthquake and tsunami.

Qatargas, which has boosted supplies to Japan after the nuclear crisis, said it hopes the recent short-term boost in supply to Japan would lead to more long-term supply commitments.

"Our support to our anchor buyers went well beyond the 4 million tonnes and as of today stands at 9 million tonnes of additional LNG. My job is to ensure that Qatargas converts this short-term boost for Asia Pacific sales to long term commitments," said Andrew Seck, assistant director of LNG marketing for Qatargas.

Qatargas wants to double its LNG supplies to Asia from 11 million tonnes currently to more than 20 million tonnes.

The United States is also being eyed as a new supply source, with Japan hoping to start buying liquefied natural gas from there by 2015.

Cheniere Energy is one of a number of players with import facilities in the United States now looking to export natural gas after a surge in domestic production since 2005 evaporated import needs and dented prices.

Cheniere plans to sell U.S. natural gas from its proposed Sabine Pass export plant for more than $2 per million British thermal units above U.S. benchmark gas prices due to rising Asian prices.

But the company expects U.S. prices to remain at a discount to Asian prices even when it begins exporting LNG.

"We don't expect any change in Henry Hub prices even with exports," said Nicolas Zanen, vice president of trading at Cheniere Energy.

"The U.S. gas price will remain at a very low level for a very long time. We don't see convergence happening."

India, which is seeking greater amounts of LNG to fuel its rapid economic growth, is eyeing U.S. LNG shipments to take advantage of the price differential with Asia.

"If everyone believes that Henry Hub prices are not going to increase because of shale gas, the United States can easily liquefy the gas and transport it to India," said Petronet's Garg.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 am

Cheniere plans LNG exports by 2015

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/ ... News&rpc=6

* Cheniere seeks partnership with Lithuanian LNG terminal
* Lithuanian LNG capacity to be 1.5-2.0 bcm per year
* Average LNG cargo worth $35 million

By Henning Gloystein

VILNIUS, Nov 10 (Reuters) - U.S.-based Cheniere Energy plans to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) by 2015 and hopes to take a stake in a floating LNG terminal in Lithuania.

The Baltic state, which joined the European Union and NATO in 2004, depends 100 percent on Russian gas supplies, and in a move to diversify it plans a floating terminal to handle 1.5-2.0 billion cubic metres of LNG per year.

"We expect to start (LNG export) operations by late 2015 ... and we have a high degree of confidence that we can meet these timelines, and look forward to continuing negotiations with Klaipedos Nafta to supply Lithuania with LNG," Helena Wisden, senior trading manager at Cheniere Energy said at a conference in Vilnius, Lithuania, on Thursday.

Lithuanian government-owned oil and gas company Klaipedos Nafta says it aims to lease a floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) of at least 130,000 cubic metres of LNG under long-term contract or acquire it under a build-operate-transfer transaction.

Energy minister Arvydas Sekmokas said during the same conference that the government hoped to connect the LNG terminal to the grid in 2014.

Houston-based Cheniere Energy is planning to export U.S. LNG from its Sabine Pass terminal in Louisiana by 2015, and in October signed an $8 billion deal with Britain's BG Group , a leading LNG trader, under which Cheniere Energy will supply BG Group with gas to ship across the globe.

Sabine Pass will have an initial capacity to export 9 million tonnes per year, and plans to sell the LNG for 115 percent of U.S. benchmark Henry Hub prices, plus a premium ($2.25 for BG Group).
Wisden said at current prices an average-sized LNG cargo was worth $35 million.

Cheniere Energy said in May that it was considering taking a minority stake in Lithuania's LNG terminal, which is being developed by Klaipedos Nafta.

U.S. TO BECOME NET GAS EXPORTER

Cheniere's Wisden said that she expected the United States to become a net gas exporter by the middle of the decade, and that exports were the only way to sell the large amounts of gas produced in the country.

"Gas demand in the U.S. cannot keep up with production, and we see LNG exports as the only way to take all that gas," Wisden said.

Wisden said that around 15 percent of global LNG supply was now traded on spot markets (or 200 million tonnes a year).

"We expect that share to rise once the economy recovers," she said.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Get ready to see LNG being developed in this market (SGX??)

---
Temasek, RRJ Capital to Invest in Cheniere Energy

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... whats_news

SINGAPORE ”Singapore state investment firm Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd. and Hong Kong-based private-equity firm RRJ Capital will jointly invest $468 million in Houston-based liquefied natural gas firm Cheniere Energy Inc., as the firms look to increase their exposure to energy assets and emerging markets.

Cheniere Energy said Monday in a statement it plans to use proceeds of the investment to purchase $500 million of the $2 billion in securities to be issued by its subsidiary, Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P.. which owns liquefaction assets and will use its capital raising to finance ...

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:21 am

Price continues to drop. Breaks support.

===
Cheniere Energy Partners To Sell $1.5B In Units To Blackstone

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 ... 11721.html

Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP) agreed to sell $1.5 billion in stock to investors affiliated with Blackstone Group L.P. (BX) at a discount in its continued aggressive effort to raise funds for construction of a natural gas export facility.

Investment funds managed by Blackstone Energy Partners LP and Blackstone Capital Partners VI LP have agreed to buy 100 million units for $15 each, a 40% discount to the oil and gas company's Monday closing price.

The investment is in addition to a previously announced agreement by affiliated company Cheniere Energy Inc. (LNG) to buy $500 million in Cheniere Energy Partners' stock, a deal it has financed by selling equity to Singapore state-investment firm Temasek Holdings and private equity firm RRJ Capital.

Cheniere, which is awash in debt, has received federal approval to construct what it hopes will be the first major natural gas export facility in the lower U.S., aiming to take advantage of a glut of domestic natural gas and higher prices overseas.

"Financing is the last milestone we need to complete in order to proceed with the construction of the first two trains of our Liquefaction Project at Sabine Pass," said Cheniere Chief Executive Charif Souki.

The company expects to finance the project with a combination of debt and equity.

Cheniere Energy Partners was trading down 3.4% at $24.20 in early trading. The stock is up around 38% so far this year.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Billionaire investor Carl Icahn has increased his stake in liquefied natural gas producer Cheniere Energy (LNG) to 9.59 percent from 8.18 percent. Last week, short-seller Jim Chanos told CNBC he's betting against Cheniere.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:58 am

not vested

The Disruptor From the U.S.

In February 2016, Cheniere (NYSE: LNG) became the first continental U.S. company to export LNG.

As you’re aware, the U.S. has a massive supply of natural gas. And our plan is to disrupt the global LNG market by tapping into that. In fact, by 2020, the U.S. is expected to represent 14% of global LNG capacity.

The leading edge of this move is Cheniere.

And over the past year, shares of Cheniere have far outperformed the broader market as well as the energy sector, as reflected by the Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLE).

That has to do with fundamentals… and revenue growth we often see only from biotechs or small cap tech companies.

Revenue for Cheniere is expected to increase 762.9% in the fourth quarter of 2016 and to be up 393% for the year.

Cheniere’s revenue is expected to be up 862.6% in the first quarter of 2017 and to be up another 164.5% in the year ahead.

Source: The Oxford Club
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to A to D