Kingsmen Creatives

Re: Kingsmen Creatives

Postby winston » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:49 am

not vested

STOCKS NEWS SINGAPORE-DMG ups target price for Kingsmen

DMG & Partners raised its target price for Kingsmen Creatives to S$0.83 from S$0.76 and kept its 'buy' rating, citing a healthy pipeline of contracts and strong net cash position.

By 0326 GMT, Kingsmen shares were up 1.4 percent at S$0.73, and have gained 27 percent so far this year, compared to the FT ST Fledgling Index's <.FTFSTF> 15.3 percent rise.

Kingsmen posted a 15 percent rise in its second quarter net profit to S$5.2 million, due to an increase in theme park and MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions, exhibitions) contracts.

[ID:nSNZR65SZ} "We remain positive on Kingsmen, given its pipeline of contracts, supported by relatively strong consumerism in Asia, Singapore as one of the top MICE destinations in Asia and healthy growth of Asia's amusement industry," said DMG.

Source: Reuters
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks for the news, Winston.

Kingsmen goes XD today for a 1.5c/share interim dividend, to be paid on September 24, 2012 (Monday).
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:37 pm

This week’s issue of The Edge Singapore features a one-page write-up on Kingsmen Creatives. Essentially, it talks about the Company’s business operations, how it sees more opportunities in Interiors as REITs push tenants in malls to refurbish or renovate often in order for rentals to increase; as well as the brands which Kingsmen serve (Uniqlo, Burberry, Marks and Spencer to name a few). Ben Soh talks about “experiential living” which essentially means that modern society wants to see changes and that shop interiors need to change within 2-3 years instead of 5-10 years previously.

In addition to Interiors, Kingsmen also provides additional services to these brands by helping them to host special events – which is where IMC comes in. They are one of the few in the world providing end-to-end services, from conceptualization to installation, fulfilment and after-sales services. They work with the clients for events, promotions, merchandising and display.

They also talk about its M&E division and how the rising emergence of MICE in Singapore and SEA bode well for the Company. Kingsmen have expertise in dealing with theme parks from their experience with USS and are now pitching for the Shanghai Disney Resort project, which is slated for completion in December 2015. It occupies 963 acres and is 3x the size occupied by Hong Kong Disneyland, and the Walt Disney Company holds a 43% stake in it (the other 57% held by Shanghai Shengdi Group). Kingsmen’s price position is just nice – 30% to 50% more expensive than local players but with international standards, while they are 50% cheaper than European or American counterparts.

Ben Soh is optimistic of Kingsmen’s expansion, but he did caution that Kingsmen would NOT be immune to a protracted deep recession, though for now it looks as though there is nothing on the horizon to derail growth.

(Vested)
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 am

My take on the 3Q 2012 results:-

1) Although 3Q 2012 saw a drop in revenues by 18%, gross profit only fell by 11%; as a result the gross margin for 3Q 2012 improved to 23.2% from 3Q 2011's 21.5%. A rise in gross margin should always be viewed as a positive as it demonstrates the Company's pricing power, and 9M 2012 gross margin also improved slightly from 25.4% to 25.8%.

2) Share of results of associates was also very encouraging, as this contribution represents equity-accounted earnings from Kingsmen Nikko and Kingsmen Korea. Although on details were given, I'd assume an increased level of activity for Kingsmen's associates in these countries contributed to the higher earnings of $1 million for 9M 2012 as compared to just $376k for 9M 2011.

3) Looking over to the Balance Sheet, Trade Receivables fell quite substantially by about $16 million, and resulted in good cash inflow for Kingsmen, with cash and bank balances remaining at $48 million, near the record high of $49.3 million registered on June 30, 2012. Total loans also decreased by $600k from $5.2 million to $4.6 million.

4) The cash flow for 3Q 2012 was not as strong as the first two quarters, registering an OCF of $2.36 million, but the +ve is that FCF was still recorded, with Kingsmen's business requiring very little capex (capex was just $313k for 3Q 2012), resulting in FCF of about $2 million. If we look at 9M 2012, total FCF stood at $23.7 million. Recall that for 6M 2012 FCF was $21.7 million, and Kingsmen usually has a strong 4Q which should see even more FCF coming in. Just to recap - 4Q 2011 FCF stood at just $822k, and total FCF for FY 2011 was $10 million, less than half of what 9M 2012 has already generated.

Note that the cash outflow from payment of interim dividend of 1.5 cents/share (on September 24, 2012) amounted to $2.875 million. Full-year dividend of 4 cents/share amounts to $7.66 million. By observing Kingsmen's strong FCF generation for FY 2012 of $23.7 million thus far, it would not be too far-fetched to assume that the Company might declare a special 0.5c/share dividend on top of its usual 2.5c/share final dividend, as this would cost the Company just an additional $1 million, bringing full year cash outflow for dividends to $8.66 million.

Well, now for the negatives; and I must say the negatives had me thinking about exactly how resilient Kingsmen's business is, and also how "lumpy" the earnings can be as, after all, their revenues are predominantly contract-based, even though 70% of their customers are repeat customers.

1) Interiors Division saw a significant drop in revenue for 3Q 2012, compared to 3Q 2011, of 30%. This makes me question the resilience of the Interiors Division to downturns, and whether the drop is due purely to timing differences (more roll-out programmes in 3Q 2011 as mentioned by Kingsmen) or if there is a fall in demand for Kingsmen's services year on year. The Company also states that "many of the larger projects were completed in 2Q 2012", which means most of the revenues were recognized in 2Q 2012. This makes me question how consistent the roll-out programs are for Kingsmen - are these confined to certain months or periods such as year-end holiday season? If so, then the timing of recognition of revenues would understandably be lumpy. I also note that no mention was made of fixtures export, which is supposed to constitute an increasingly significant portion of Kingsmen's business. It would be helpful if Management could shed some light on how this is performing, and whether there is a year on year improvement.

2) As mentioned by dydx, Kingsmen continues to hire aggressively in many countries, resulting in staff costs falling by only 6.2% in 3Q 2012 while gross profit fell by -11%. The rise in share of earnings from associates could not offset this impact, and it resulted in PBT being lower by almost 20%. Staff costs continue to be a bugbear for Kingsmen as the Company must pay handsomely for talent, even if the contracts may not be coming in. Training and development of staff and incentives to retain talent would also jack up staff costs, not to mention hiring more staff for their new thematic/scenic division which will undertake theme park projects.

3) Again back to Interiors Division, 9M 2012 saw a revenue drop of -10.8% year on year, and I am wondering if Kingsmen is able to grow this division further for FY 2012 and future years. Roll-out programs by existing clients do have limitations in terms of the areas these companies can expand to, and with the economic crisis raging on they would be more cautious in expanding. Unless Kingsmen can confidently clinch new contracts with new clients and proceed to roll out for them, I feel the revenues from this division would stagnate and hit a plateau, which is a big negative for shareholders. Unless Kingsmen provides more clarity on this division, I am apt to feel pessimistic about its future prospects.

Overall, I would still conclude that the positives outweigh the negatives, in terms of FCF generation, possibly lumpy earnings from Interiors and the higher order book of $289 million compared to 3Q 2011 of $254 million. I am unsure if this order book also includes contracts for their smaller R&D and AM divisions, but with the good growth momentum this year we should expect to see a better contribution to bottom line for FY 2012.

Do note, though, that R&D has much better margins than AM; a glance at FY 2011 segment report shows that R&D had a segment profit of $2.7 million on revenue of $8.5 million, for a segment margin of nearly 31.7%. Alternative marketing, on the other hand, generated just $101k of profits on revenues of $8.9 million; but I understand that for FY 2011 there was high depreciation on one of their flat-panel TV screens which resulted in profit being wiped out. Hopefully for FY 2012 the contribution from AM division would be more substantial, and pull up Group NPAT. (Note that no segmental breakdown has been given for 2012 so far in 1Q, 1H and 3Q announcements).

Just for the record, EPS for 9M 2012 was 5.61c/share; for 4Q 2011 the EPS was 8.56c - 5.41c = 3.15c/share. If we add 4Q 2011's EPS to 9M 2012, we will get a FY 2012 EPS of about 8.76c/share. Since order book for 9M 2012 is about 13.7% higher than 9M 2011, assume EPS is also 13.7% higher for 4Q 2012, which will yield a 4Q 2012 EPS of about 3.58c/share. Therefore, my projected EPS for FY 2012 is about 5.61 + 3.58 = 8.99c/share or about 9c/share. Taking the last done share price of 77c, this represents a PER of about 8.5x (which means Kingsmen is fairly valued, as market leader Pico FE also trades at about 8.5x to 9x PER). Dividend yield based on a 4c/share full-year dividend stands at 5.2%.

My 2-cents worth.

(Vested) :D
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 am

Halted this morning pending an announcement.
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Musicwhiz wrote:Halted this morning pending an announcement.

2nd Day of Halt with still no news. This had better be significant.
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby iam802 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:44 pm

maybe SPH acquire them.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:03 pm

iam802 wrote:maybe SPH acquire them.

Well, SPH is not halted. :D
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby winston » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 pm

not vested

Alleged fraud, dishonest acts at Kingsmen units By Wong Wei Kong

Kingsmen Creatives Ltd said Friday that Ernst & Young LLP (E&Y), the external auditors for the company, have submitted a confidential report dated Jan 11, 2013 to the Minister of Finance, on the basis that E&Y has reasons to believe that serious offences involving fraud or dishonesty have been committed against two subsidiaries of the company.

The first instance concerns Kingsmen Beijing Co Ltd (KBJ). In the course of reviewing an internal risk review conducted on the group, the audit committee (AC) noted that a few finance employees of KBJ were involved in a misappropriation of KBJ's funds between 2009 and 2011.

The misappropriation involved instances of invoices being paid twice, unrecorded cash payments and missing cash. The AC engaged E&Y to independently investigate on the matter.

The second instance relates to Kingsmen Exhibits Pte Ltd(KE). The AC appointed E&Y to independently investigate certain alleged irregularities, which have been brought to the attention of the AC, involving KE, a wholly owned subsidiary of the company.

The company said management has estimated the financial impact in relation to the KE issue to be S$1,45 million.

Source: Business Times
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby behappyalways » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:12 pm

kingsmen-creatives-reports-26-drop-2q-earnings-24-mil
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/kingsm ... ngs-24-mil
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to H to K