HG Metal

Re: HG Metal

Postby Blackjack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 pm

Hi Rontan, puzzles me as well.

The buy/sell queue does look a little fishy to me these days though, especially on the day the results were announced.

Vested.
Blackjack
Foreman

Postby Rontan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:04 pm

Blackjack wrote:Hi Rontan, puzzles me as well.

The buy/sell queue does look a little fishy to me these days though, especially on the day the results were announced.

Vested.

Care to share your thoughts on the buy/sell queue? I think the price is partly affected by the poor market sentiment. Most small cap are not moving despite announcing good results. AEH is another good example.

Now is time to test one patience and faith.
Rontan
Loafer

Postby qxing78 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 pm

I would think it is more towards market sentiments on small cap stocks.
Fundamentals wise, I think company will be doing well. Steel price has gone UP a lot a lot.
Even auto giant-Toyota has accepted price increase for steel.
Expect anything made of steel to go up in price next year, when companies pass the cost to consumers.

My company make auto parts from stainless/carbon steel. Steel manufacturers pushing us to increase price.
We going to 'beg' customers to accept price increase soon.
I have been busy calculating the steel weight these few days. :cry:
qxing78
Loafer

Postby Blackjack » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:19 pm

Rontan wrote:
Blackjack wrote:Hi Rontan, puzzles me as well.

Vested.

Care to share your thoughts on the buy/sell queue? I think the price is partly affected by the poor market sentiment. Most small cap are not moving despite announcing good results. AEH is another good example.

Now is time to test one patience and faith.

I would rather keep such thoughts to myself, as I think they are merely speculative and present no real value to an investor. There are however, quite a few counters which I observed have been strangely resilient, not something that can be easily explained by market sentiment or even supply/demand. I would be quite comfortable that certain price objectives/stability would be met, if not for the fact that I do not wish to participate in any counter which I have no real interest in. This diminishes my holding power and works against me, for I am held guessing when the "time" will come.

I'm sure the experienced traders/remisiers here will know what I mean.
Blackjack
Foreman

Postby blid2def » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:34 pm

Just browsing through some reports on the SGX-MAS Research reports site, and found these two:

Kim Eng:
http://research.sgx.com/reports/rpt_view.pl?id=5078

CIMB:
http://research.sgx.com/reports/rpt_view.pl?id=5075

Their revenue/earnings estimates for 2009 are like day and night... :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby Blackjack » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:10 am

Some writeup on Asia Ent in the recent issue of Edge. Asia Ent had early this year sought to increase its inventory levels, and had $86.8 mil in inventories compared with $66.8 mil at the same time next year. Much of its inventory may thus be bought at relatively high prices.
One key difference between Asia Ent and HG is that the former holds a high amount of inventory, "taking a view of where the market is heading", whereas HG doesn't want to carry too much inventory for fear of being caught wrong-footed by the volatile prices.

The latter seems more prudent in view of the rapid run-up of steel prices.
Blackjack
Foreman

Postby blid2def » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 am

One thing about AEH I'm uncomfortable with lately is the management turnover. Some months ago, they lost 2 of their sales managers. Then just last week or the week before, they lost their Group Financial Controller. Anyway, I'll post their latest Q&A request for submissions in the AEH thread, and then put the link for the transcript once it's over.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:41 am

GR : i am impressed...this kind of small matters like sales managers leaving also you know....wah...it is as if you have a spy cam in their premise...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:44 am

kennynah wrote:GR : i am impressed...this kind of small matters like sales managers leaving also you know....wah...it is as if you have a spy cam in their premise...

SGX announcements lah of course. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:45 am

dont bluff....sgx announces sales managers leaving the firm...how about pantry ladies? u kidding me right...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to H to K