HG Metal

Re: HG Metal

Postby Rontan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Halted liao !! Let's hope they have something HOT to announce. ;) Merger, acquisition??
Rontan
Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Ron,

I am not vested but I will still shout HUAT AR for you :D

As long as got ppe. HUAT.. I am happy.. even if that person is not me..:D

Huat ar,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:53 pm

millionairemind wrote:Ron,

I am not vested but I will still shout HUAT AR for you :D

As long as got ppe. HUAT.. I am happy.. even if that person is not me..:D

Huat ar,
mm

What if two guys on opposing ends - e.g. one long the stock, one got a PUT on it. Then how? :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby Rontan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:32 am

Buying BRC asia.
Rontan
Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:40 pm

HG Metal offers 11 cents a share for BRC Asia
Written by Sim Kih
Thursday, 14 August 2008

A good run up in 1H07 on strong sector outlook, BRC Asia's share price was bashed down after the sub-prime mortgage crisis unfolded.
INVESTORS ARE eyeing the galore of cheap stocks with bearish hesitation but HG Metal has bit the bullet with an offer to acquire at least 70% of leading local steel mesh maker, BRC Asia.

BRC Asia serves Singapore’s construction sector, which saw a record S$24.5 billion worth of contracts last year.

For this year, the Building and Construction Authority believes construction demand can reach up to S$27 billion, while UBS estimates of contracts committed for delivery 2008-2010 reached S$54.4 billion as at Jan 2008.

Beyond the next three years, the takeover is also part of the two steel players' larger strategy. Read what it is: HG METAL pays S$48m to control locally-listed steel mesh market leader
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby Blackjack » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:05 pm

No longer vested.

I like companies which show courage in adversity to expand during difficult times. Statistics have always favoured strongly those who are able to expand in recessionary periods, and I believe this is no exception.
Blackjack
Foreman

Postby millionairemind » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:32 am

Published November 19, 2008

HG Metal warns of Q4 loss

AFTER a robust first nine months, HG Metal Manufacturing found itself weighed down by sharply correcting steel prices in the last stretch of FY2008.

The steel product stockist and manufacturer warned in a profit guidance yesterday that it will be reporting a net loss for its fourth quarter ended Sept 30, 2008. It cited two reasons: (i) the sharp correction in steel prices in the past few months and (ii) foreign exchange losses due to the sharp appreciation of the US dollar against the Singapore dollar.

HG Metal, which will release its fourth-quarter and full-year results on Nov 25, said despite the Q4 setback, it still expects to achieve record profits and turnover for FY2008.

For the nine months ended June 30, the group's net profit more than trebled to $55.8 million from $15.2 million in 2007, while sales climbed 58 per cent to $533.6 million.

The sharp pullback in metal prices came as construction and manufacturing demand slowed in the face of a global recession.

This trend was also responsible for the third-quarter dismal results of waste management and recycling company Enviro-Hub Holdings

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:24 am

Not vested.

HG METAL - The chief executive of HG Metal, Wee Piew and two executive directors are leaving the firm, the company said. The Business Times said the resignation came after five straight quarterly losses by the steel firm.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Aspellian » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 am

winston wrote:Not vested.

HG METAL - The chief executive of HG Metal, Wee Piew and two executive directors are leaving the firm, the company said. The Business Times said the resignation came after five straight quarterly losses by the steel firm.

bailing out when the going gets tough??? :shock:

with their contacts and network, they will prob set up another rival company - and benefit for the upswing in future markets. that again leaves minority shareholders in the limbo.

so as a minority shareholder, is it time to bail out as well? or the worst is over because the Top Mgt has been swept away to welcome a new year??

any comments on what you guys out there will do (hypothetically)?

not vested.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby financecaptain » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 am

What to do ?
A case of majority shareholder feel that current mgt did a poor job. Perhaps the new mgt can do a better job. As long as majority shareholders' stakes are substantial, their interests should be align with minorities. Concerns are if the stakes are not substantial, majority shareholders only want to milk company at the expense of minorities.
Not vested. Do not like this type of business because profits depend on mgt's ability to read steel prices well. You stock steel correctly you make a lot of monies if not you lose. Not much of a business franchise right ?
In any case, I see it as a speculative grade investment. You either win big or loose big as a minority.
financecaptain
Foreman

PreviousNext

Return to H to K