Chip Eng Seng

Re: Chip Eng Seng

Postby winston » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 am

mrEngineer, so what do you think ?

I have a small position to follow their story. I think the HDB contracts would continue to be there and their property developments should be ok as long as there's no crash.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby mrEngineer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:33 pm

I think the current market is underpricing it for some reason. And the reason I guess is due to the number of projects taken up, they might have big problems with cashflow management in the future as financing will not stay cheap forever. At least for sure HDB contracts they will be able get their monies, but I am not sure about for the other private developments.

If you noticed, most construction or property development companies have mostly completed their projects and issued major dividends by now. The question I ask is why CES is slower in this race.

I am biased to think that there will be an impending property crash in 3 years horizon due to housing supply spike. However, I expect to see significant dividends this year and possible capital gains in short to mid term. Waiting for the latest MBT drastic announcements before making my move on this counter. haha
mrEngineer
Loafer

Postby winston » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi mrEnginner,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 am

Not vested

Chip Eng Seng, a construction firm that also develops property, said it has been awarded a construction contract worth S$113 million by Singapore's Housing & Development Board.

Source: Reuters
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 am

this company still around ah.... :shock:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

not vested

Construction and property firm Chip Eng Seng said on Monday its wholly-owned subsidiary has been awarded several new contracts worth a total of S$33.7 million, for the supply and delivery of precast components for public and private projects.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:13 pm

not vested

Chip Eng Seng's Q3 net profit tumbles 75%
By ANGELA TAN

Chip Eng Seng Corporation reported on Thursday that its net profit for the third quarter ended September 30, 2011, plunged 75.1 per cent from a year ago to S$24.85 million.

Revenue fell 37.2 per cent to S$72.30 million due to lower contribution from a development project, Oasis@Elias which obtained TOP on 26 September 2011.

Depending on market sentiment and conditions, the group expects to launch its 136-unit freehold condominium development in Fort Road, in the coming months.

It will continue to be prudent and selective as it seeks opportunities to build up its landbank.

Source: Business Times
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 pm

how is CES doing?

all i know is that while it is a public listed company, it really is a family run business, much like many of our local listed firms...

this means, monitoring of financial accounts can be very shabby...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:03 am

not vested

CHIP ENG SENG CORPORATION LTD - Chip Eng Seng said a wholly-owned subsidiary has been awarded a S$125 million contract from Singapore's Housing & Development Board for building works in the city-state.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 am

not vested

Singapore construction firm Chip Eng said on Monday it had secured a S$210 million contract from the Housing and Development Board, to build residential buildings in the Bukit Batok area of the city-state.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to C to D