City Developments 01 (May 09 - Oct 16)

Re: City Developments

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 pm

I like iam802's analysis of $11 better :lol: . This ticker will then swing above $13 soon thereafter.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:58 am

Looks like a bullish rebound may not happen in the short term.

The kumo (highlighted by the red region shows massive resistance.

Support levels (identified by the Chikou Span; red circles) :

I would wait for it to form a base before going long.

2010Nov-CITYDEV-800x600.png
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks 802. Another note is on weekly chart cloud support at 10.92. :)
learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby LenaHuat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:10 am

ThankQQ iam802 and profittaker for the discussion :D
Yes, I too think it's best not to pick this ticker up too soon. It's been bouncing pretty nicely because of the disposal of non-core assets. But are there still deals in the offing that would produce the bounces? I don't have the answer but I can guess the answer ; "No".
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 pm

CDL secured a bid for a EC piece of land at Bukit Panjang. This is CDL's 4th EC. More interestingly, the second highest bid came from a joint bid by Fraser and LumChang. Will Singapore's middle class continue to have its bell curve characteristic whilst several Asian societies, like Taiwan and HK, is already "M"-shaped societies?
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Not vested

Up 4% on no news...

I think it's Window Dressing and I can probably guess which fund company. They have a habit of window dressing just before the close of every quarter.

Let's see whether there's any announcement on the SGX website over the next few weeks :P

And every quarter, I have been reminding myself to play together with them and every quarter, I forget :(
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:45 pm

LenaHuat wrote:ThankQQ iam802 and profittaker for the discussion :D
Yes, I too think it's best not to pick this ticker up too soon. It's been bouncing pretty nicely because of the disposal of non-core assets. But are there still deals in the offing that would produce the bounces? I don't have the answer but I can guess the answer ; "No".

Looking at today's price action, I think I am off the mark.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:51 pm

LenaHuat wrote:
LenaHuat wrote:ThankQQ iam802 and profittaker for the discussion :D

Looking at today's price action, I think I am off the mark.

Hi Lena, for me, bull and bear still fighting in my head, need more time.
learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Re: City Developments 01 (May 09 - Mar 11)

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi profittaker :D
ThankQ for your post. Well, RobinsonSuites sold like hot cakes and I wonder if CDL has plans to redevelop their old landbank like The Arcade and its corporate HQ. Looks like there could be some good bounces :D
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Re: City Developments 01 (May 09 - Mar 11)

Postby winston » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Not vested. From OCBC:-

City Developments Ltd: Valuation is key

Summary: City Developments Ltd (CDL)’s recent launches have done well and it is looking to launch its 521-unit condominium project at Sengkang/Fernvale early next year.

CDL has taken advantage of strong capital values and appetite for acquisitions to divest ~S$910m worth of assets over 2010. We view these developments positively and expect to see further divestments in 2011.

With sustained conditions of high liquidity and cheap debt, we believe it is very likely that policymakers will implement further measures to regulate the residential market in 1H2011.

We prefer developers with strong balance sheets and those with balanced exposure to the property sector, which should buttress earnings and performance in a year of fairly high uncertainty for residential property.

While CDL checks these boxes, we still do not find valuations attractive at the current price level. Maintain HOLD with unchanged S$12.35 fair value (pegged at RNAV); we would consider re-entering around S$11.23. (Meenal Kumar)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to C to D