CapitaMalls Asia

Re: Capital Mall Asia

Postby profittaker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 am

looks like an evening star, didn't it?
millionairemind wrote:Updated chart. Bounded by 10 and 50DMA. 10DMA turning up. Nice :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi profittaker :D
Evening star? Pl kindly elaborate. I can't grasp it :roll:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi Lena, just to share cause I am new to candlestick. Evening Start definition is:

Code: Select all
The evening star consists of three candlesticks:
   1. A long white candlestick.
   2. A small white or black candlestick that gaps above the close (body) of the previous candlestick. This candlestick can also be a doji, in which case the pattern would be a evening doji star.
   3. A long black candlestick.

The long white candlestick confirms that buying pressure remains strong and the trend is up. When the second candlestick gaps up, it provides further evidence of residual buying pressure. However, the advance ceases or slows significantly after the gap and a small candlestick forms, indicating indecision and a possible reversal of trend. If the small candlestick is a doji, the chances of a reversal increase. The third long black candlestick provides bearish confirmation of the reversal.

Beside evening star, the two black bars of the same high looks like tweezer top too (just read about it last sunday).
profittaker
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi L :

this is the other definition...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby profittaker » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:04 pm

:lol:
profittaker
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 pm

but on a more serious note...

evening and morning stars are more applicable when they are long cycle tops and bottoms respectively.. and it is more applicable on liquid counters....

it is my opinion that TA tools are lesser accurate when applied to many SGX listed stocks ... not sufficient liquidity, very tiny market cap size, etc...

specific candles like stars, dojis, hammers, railway tracks, engulfings, etc... must exhibit sufficient repetitive patterns that pan out... this is an important caveat to this tool... so, if you see CapLand.. you see way too many "t" (or dojis) that have next to zero impact on chart trend.... in this case, i would be careful to lend too much importance to candle reading for Capland chart...

good luck !
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:48 am

Thanks a million to both kind souls, profittaker and kennynah :D So it's TA :D Hmmmm, agree that our local market is too shallow and illiquid for sophisticated TA. Noted that lonely evening star overlooking a barren landscape :o It's looks 'lunar'.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby millionairemind » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:38 pm

I agree with K. Our mkt is too lopsided and does not represent a true picture of buyers/sellers, especially in penny stocks where the stock seems to be able to move at will, up or down.

A couple of things I have found useful for rudimentary TA on SGX stocks is 10, 50 and 200DMA as well as congestion points for support/resistance.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby ichew » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:04 pm

and if u have deep pockets, u can "write" ur own TA on these illiquid stocks and/or trigger herds to follow u ...
ichew
Foreman

Postby Blackjack » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 pm

So true so true... alternatively we can try to "look out" for these signals drawn by deep pockets
Blackjack
Foreman

PreviousNext

Return to C to D