Capitaland 01 (May 08 - May 10)

Re: Capitaland 1 (May 08 - Jan 10)

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:06 pm

hi L :

i'm just wondering...whether capland can sell away some of the land they purchased earlier and now either cannot afford to develop it or dont want to anymore...if there are rules on such land flipping in china? are you aware?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Poles » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:09 pm

i heard a couple stories typical in China today....
Father >> senior party member >> communist
Son >> entrepreneur >> capitalist

Father do not see eye to eye....always in conflict....

who will win?? will there be a middle path for china??
Poles
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby LenaHuat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi K
China is a very big country. In the first-tiered cities, I'm not aware of land-flipping becuz todate almost every developer makes a bundle from building and selling. Right now in Shanghai, the SOEs are the ones which are bidding big time and big bucks for land. I don't think CapLand is into land-flipping. Right now, it's true that prized land in Shanghai and Tienjing is scarce. I'm more concerned abt the capex for developing their land bank. I'm monitoring if the Chinese authorities are serious abt penalizing developers who let their land bank sit idle.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm

thanks L :!:

i was told that chinese authorities allow land to be idle but only for a maximum period of 3 years; ie. before the end of 3 years, they are obliged under initial purchase rulings to begin piling and commence development. however, i have no way of confirming if this hearsay is accurate. i'm also unaware of punitive actions against non-compliance to this ruling.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi K :D
The answer is here :-
。“按照一般的市场规律,开发商拿地后在9个月至1年的周期内,就应该入市预售。”

and I recall construction must generally begin within 2 years. Maybe this link will provide the answer.
From the article, the authorities are already acting against developers:-
大龙等八家开发商禁止在京拿地,打击囤地有助稳定房价
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:44 am

thanks L :!:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Capitaland not only break down from its S$4 mark but also undercut its 200DMA. now at $3.66

on hindsight should have shorted when China news broke out on raise in interest rate plus Capitaland's $2billion deal (potential albatross).

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby millionairemind » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Aspellian wrote:Capitaland not only break down from its S$4 mark but also undercut its 200DMA. now at $3.66

on hindsight should have shorted when China news broke out on raise in interest rate plus Capitaland's $2billion deal (potential albatross).

Sometimes you wonder who's dumber... the buyer of the $2B deal or the seller (hint : mkt knows best :P)

Capland always take big bets and if they lose, only the shareholders suffer. Just do ANOTHER rights issue lor... we are all suckers :P
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby Aspellian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:16 pm

millionairemind wrote:Capland always take big bets and if they lose, only the shareholders suffer. Just do ANOTHER rights issue lor... we are all suckers :P

but fundamentally i think Capland is doing well. They may not need to borrow excessively from banks, they are flushed with cash.

also i wont bet against the management - so far they have delivered the goods - they are v smart on corporate finance matters
(cos all the shareholders are suckers!! - oops - which means MM is right!! :lol: )

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Re: Capitaland 1 (May 08 - Feb 10)

Postby kennynah » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 pm

i think if you are very well familiar with developers....you might have come to realize that the primary owners of such listed companies have smaller private companies that they own as well...

and i have been told horrendous stories about how such public vehicles are made to bid for land plots and when the successful bids are low, they somehow get past on to the private holdings, leaving behind the "expensive" bids to the public company.... in other words, "heads i win, tails i win" game they play....

these are people who have been in property industry (not property agents) for >20 years... to have seen these dirty tricks being played out time and again... true or not...i oso duno... they talk...i listen...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to C to D