Postby Musicwhiz » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am

Ceasing Coverage is a polite way of saying "Sell". :lol:
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Re: China Zaino

Postby millionairemind » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:42 pm

I THINK, THEREFORE I AM.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

April 23, 2010, 5.02 pm (Singapore time)

China Zaino mulls dual listing on an Asia-Pacific bourse

By LYNETTE KHOO

Backpack maker China Zaino said it is mulling the possibility of listing its shares or depository receipts on another stock exchange in Asia Pacific.

The company, however, did not specify which stock exchange it is considering.

'The Board believes that it is beneficial for the company to undertake the proposed listing so that the company can have ready access to different equity markets in the Asia Pacific region when the opportunity arises,' the group said in a statement.

'The two markets will broaden and diversify the investors' base and provide (when required) an additional fundraising platform.'

There is no certainty that the company will proceed with the proposed listing as it is still in the process of discussing and exploring this possibility.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Re: China Zaino

Postby stilicon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:17 pm

China Zaino (is now called DAPAI) falls -15% to 0,205 SGD on no news (?)

- Assuming 600 million Rmb of cash (they had 675 million on 30/06/2010), with about 993 million shares, that makes 0,60 Rmb per share, or about 0,115 SGD, ie about 50% of its market value !
- NAV increased about 65% CAGR on the last 4 years (ie FY2010 (my estim.) vs FY2007)
- no debt.
- at those prices, they give a decent div (assuming 0,064 Rmb, that is about 6,3%, with a pay-out ratio below 20%.
- The manager seems honest (ie has not yet run to the hills with the cash. :P )
- I like the luggage part (not the initial "mochila" part).
- They also have understood they need to nuture a strong brand to protect their margins.

Will they manage it ? Is this fall a coming opportunity (for a very risky bet) ?
fiche DAPAI 13102010.gif
Last edited by stilicon on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stilicon
Coolie

Re: Dapai ( former China Zaino )

Postby winston » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:27 pm

PROFIT WARNING

The Board of Directors of Dapai International Holdings Co. Ltd. (the “Company”, together
with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) wishes to inform the shareholders of the Company and
potential investors that the Group is expected to record a significant drop in profits after
tax for the quarter ended 30 September 2010 (“3Q 10”).

As stated in our announcement of the half year results for FY2010 made on 11 August 2010, our luggage segment had faced some supply issue. We had sub-contracted all our luggage manufacturing to a number of suppliers, of whom two major suppliers were unable to meet our orders due to their labour shortage problems.

As a result, our luggage sales had been adversely affected.

The significant drop in sales and profits after tax for 3Q 10 was mainly attributable to
(i) the consequential decrease in sales of luggage products ; and
(ii) the special discounts on backpack products given to distributors in order to compensate their loss on luggage shortage.

The Group has explored other avenues, including sourcing from other new luggage suppliers and manufacturing a number of our luggage products in house, to reduce the impact of the current luggage supply issue.

In order to ensure steady luggage supply in the long run, the Board has resolved that the
Group needs to build a new manufacturing facility specifically for luggage products.

The Company plans to release its 3Q 10 results on 9 November 2010 and further details of the performance of the Company and of the Group will be disclosed then.

By Order of the Board
Chen Xizhong
Executive Chairman
12 October 2010
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

China Forestry 0930

Postby Musicwhiz » Wed May 11, 2011 4:56 pm

stilicon wrote:Being stupid, I did bought a small line of DAPAI some time ago. So my small personal question is : do you think Dapai is a complete scam also ? (At least, it is valued as such at present).

Erm, well I am not really qualified to comment, since I don't know the Company well. Easiest path for me is to avoid S-Chips altogether. I have none in my portfolio. :D

All the best! :)
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Re: Dapai ( former China Zaino )

Postby behappyalways » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Dapai slapped with SGX public reprimand for making false, misleading statements on China expansion
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/dapai- ... -expansion
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Previous

Return to C to D