William O'Neil

Re: William O'Neil

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:53 am

kennynah wrote:
“On March 12, I think it turned, and that was the beginning of a new bull market.”

wow....isn't that amazingly accurate.....

K - March 12 was the follow thro' day, signifying an uptrend. I did post this on the US direction thread.

Re: US - Market Direction & Strategy (Mar 09 - Apr 09)
by millionairemind » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Dow 7,170.06 +239.66 (3.46%)
S&P 500 750.74 +29.38 (4.07%)
Nasdaq 1,426.10 +54.46 (3.97%)
NYSE 4,684.99 +179.61 (+3.99%)

NYSE scored a follow thro' day on Day 5 of attempt rally. Even though Nasdaq's volume was higher than previous day, it was only Day 3 of Nasdaq's attempt rally as its recent Nov lows was undercut on Monday.

We should expect some sort of pull back in the next couple of days (hopefully on lower vol) as Nasdaq had already vaulted more than 10% in the last 3 sessions. I hope to see Nasdaq score its "own follow thro'" day next week... adding more strength to this uptrend. This was what happened back in March 2008 when DOW scored a follow thro' day followed by Nasdaq/SP500 a week later.

Watch for distribution days from now to gauge on the health of this uptrend.. lets hope it lasts (unlike the one 6 weeks ago which failed very quickly) and lets make some hay while the sun shines.

Good luck out there.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby b0rderc0llie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 am

Hi MM,

So what's your position now? 100% cash or 100% stock or somewhere in between?

I'm 80% stock, 20% cash at this moment, and reducing my stock exposure as the market goes higher.
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:20 am

I was in full cash since late May when mkt showed signs of breaking and was waiting to short (but it did not break.. sian)

I started trading again (holding for a few days instead of weeks) in July after the June holiays :D . Sold my last LONG 2 days ago...

Now just sitting tight and waiting for nice re-entry point. Will be patient and wait for good opportunity...

No hurry for me lah.. mkt always there..... :D

BC - you must be huating now.. still got so much stocks ... Congrats.. :D
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby b0rderc0llie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:40 am

Haha, congrats on your trades too :)

So u waiting to long or to short?
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 am

b0rderc0llie wrote:Haha, congrats on your trades too :)

So u waiting to long or to short?

Long if US mkt pulls back but not enough to cause the break.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SHORT if it breaks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Normally I use the 10DMA for STI as a gauge for short term trading. It is now too far extended for my liking to be going long. It might go even higher.. who knows.. but OK lah.. mkt always there... I will take my time since I got a kid to play with when I am bored.. :P :D

You covered all your shorts already?? Or still adding more shorts?

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby b0rderc0llie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 am

Haha i see.

I adding more shorts, but my short position is still small compared to my long positions.
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby winston » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:28 pm

William J. O'Neil on When To Sell
An exclusive interview with the Chairman and Founder of Investor's Business Daily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhsrJap6Oj0
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:29 pm

William J. O'Neil's on Market Timing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9I638pJfyQ
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Market Gurus