Charlie Munger

Re: Charles Munger

Postby cif5000 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Yo kenny, yes I am still kicking. Almost got trapped in shenzhen's flood last weekend. Sillypore they call this place and if one is a hardcore naturalist (disaster included), this is really not the place to be in. For one full week, I have enjoyed my laksa, bachormee, 猪杂汤 and fish head beehoon.

Life is good, I am living at my best.
cif5000
Foreman

Postby helios » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:07 pm

dear cif5000,

i really appreciate your posts here; in fact, u've formed a "co-branding-linkage" in my mind now ..

C is for = Charles munger & Cif5000 ;)

rdgs.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:04 am

cif5000 wrote: Almost got trapped in shenzhen's flood last weekend. Sillypore they call this place ...

these people are almost drowning and still they have the last breath to call us names.... :?: haha, u jest, surely...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby cif5000 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:57 pm

No. "they" refers to the offshore singaporeans.
cif5000
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:04 am

oh, singaporeans there calling ourselves names...like that ah.... no problem lah.... very understandable...dont bluff... u are included in the "they"....

by the way, how come u and MM have very similar Avatars? so zhun?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby cif5000 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm

MM one can flutter, mine is a neatly pressed $5,000 bill. To fit my nick.

No lah, I use the phrase see-kup-poh...
cif5000
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:43 pm

sure...u dont just go straight to the point and call it a familee place?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Cheng » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Very good sharing from cif5000. The essay by Charlie Munger is called "Art of Stock Picking"

Brings back memories 5 years back when I was still learning the art of investing reading it for the first time, and reading it again now, gives me fresh perspectives and ideas.

http://vinvesting.com/docs/munger/art_stockpicking.html

Cheers!
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby Cheng » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm

http://www.valuestockplus.net/charlie-munger

Compiled web link on Charlie. :D
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Re: Charlie Munger

Postby winston » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Basically, It's Over

A parable about how one nation came to financial ruin.
By Charles Munger

In the early 1700s, Europeans discovered in the Pacific Ocean a large, unpopulated island with a temperate climate, rich in all nature's bounty except coal, oil, and natural gas. Reflecting its lack of civilization, they named this island "Basicland." ...

http://www.slate.com/id/2245328/pagenum/all/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Market Gurus