Warren Buffett 01 (May 08 - Jan 10)

Re: Warren Buffett 1 (May 08 - Jan 10)

Postby Cheng » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Agree. I think it's hold until fundamentals change or when you see another better opportunity.

Let me modfiy a little. Hold until you think that the price is too good to be true, or you see another better opportunity arise.
Hi MM, I agree. No such thing as hold for life. More like "Hold till the Management Team screws up big time"!

When a management or company is going bust, it do not just go bust overnight. Stock ABC priced at $150, wont be $0 the very next day. A building that is about to collapse wont collapse overnight either. Over the months one will notice cracks on walls, hear steel structure sounds, dent on foundations etc before it collapse. Say cancer for example, in medical terms using subjective and objective assessment you will find out the signs and symptoms of cancer. It will probably take a few months for the individual to pass away. I feel that we should not hold until management screws up. Act first before they do some major damage. :)

All of us must be very observant. :lol:
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby lithium » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Cheng we have the same investment strategy. Scan with Fa, time with ta. Which market are you trading? :D
"Play Great Defence, not Great Offence "
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Cheng » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 pm

lithium wrote:Cheng we have the same investment strategy. Scan with Fa, time with ta. Which market are you trading? :D

Hi lithium, so far I only invest in SG stocks, all are value holdings. Read up a bit about trading but didnt have time to put it to good use. Have lots of school work to do haha. Options are very good trading vehicles in my opinion. The US stock market still provides the best opportunity. Cheers!
"The really big money tends to be made by investors who are right on qualitative decisions." Warren Buffett

"Risk no more than you can afford to lose, and also risk enough so that a win is meaningful." Ed Seykota

Scan with FA, Time with TA, Volatility is my Friend. :)
Cheng
Foreman

Postby lithium » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 pm

hi cheng, its nice to hear you have started to learn the art of trading in this young age. You should do very well in future. ;)
"Play Great Defence, not Great Offence "
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm

cheng,

hopefully, this forum will still be around years from now for you to tell us more of your investment journey...good luck !!
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby grandmaster89 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Hold till something better comes your way :)
grandmaster89
Coolie

Postby winston » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Is he expecting rates to harden this year ?

Buffett takes stake in Munich Re

U.S. investor Warren Buffett holds just over 3 percent of leading reinsurer Munich Re AG, the German company said Tuesday.

An ad hoc statement from the company said that Buffett has informed it he now has 3.045 percent of the voting rights in Munich Re.

Companies are obliged to issue such statements when holdings exceed 3 percent. Munich Re declined to say whether Buffett had owned any shares before bringing his stake above 3 percent.

Munich Re is one of the world's biggest reinsurance companies, selling backup coverage to other insurers, spreading risk in the event of huge losses.

"We're happy about every investor," Munich Re spokeswoman Johanna Weber said, without providing further details.

Rumors that Buffett's investment firm, Berkshire Hathaway, would take a stake in Munich Re had pushed its stock up in the past few days.

Munich Re shares were up 0.5 percent at euro109.05 ($154.36) in Frankfurt trading after the announcement — one of few stocks on the DAX index of blue-chip stocks that registered gains.

Source: AP News
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Market Gurus