Mongolian Mining Corp 0975

Mongolian Mining Corp 0975

Postby winston » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:26 pm

MMC is set to be the first Mongolia-based company to list in the SAR.

It aims to raise as much as HK$7.8 billion, sources said.

The coking coal producer will open its retail book on September 27.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Mongolian Mining Corp IPO

Postby winston » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:29 am

Mongolian Mining Corp opened its public offering yesterday to tap up to HK$5.44 billion, 3 percent higher than its original target. The firm aims to sell 719.4 million shares at HK$6.48 to HK$7.56 each.

The miner plans to sell more coking coal directly to end-users to boost its profit margin. Less than 30 percent of its output is distributed through middlemen

Source: The Standard HK
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm tracking developments. Expecting overwhelming response.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 pm

From Phillips:-

Valuation:

Compared to peers, the profit margin of Mongolian Mining exceeds 40%, which is relatively high. The leading P/E ratio of 2011 is between 13.6 and 16.6, which is higher than the average of peers.

Assume that the leading P/E ratio of 2011 and earning per shares are 15 and HK$0.5 respectively, the target price is HK$7.5. Compared to the median of offering price range HK$6.82 (HK$6.29-7.34), the potential increase is about 10%.

The recommendation is neutral.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Assume that the leading P/E ratio of 2011 and earning per shares are 15 and HK$0.5 respectively

assume this...assume that.... can die one.... ;)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby greenhoney » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:39 pm

investors die, he still get paid.
greenhoney
Foreman

Postby persistentone » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:15 pm

First off, what is the four digit security ID on the Hong Kong exchange for this new issue?

Second, can someone show a valuation analysis for this company based on reserves? I think earnings might be the wrong metric here. Mongolia is capital constrained and just as importantly transportation constrained. I don't think 2011 earnings would necessarily be meaningful, although it's great to hear that a mining IPO actually has plans for earnings. :) :)

Speaking of transportation, how soon will Mongolian Mining's mines have the needed infrastructure to scale transportation of additional coal to China?

Can someone talk about management of this company? Probably it's not A Team material, considering location.

Who are their key strategic partners for financing and for development?
persistentone
Loafer

Postby persistentone » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 pm

winston wrote:Mongolian Mining Corp opened its public offering yesterday to tap up to HK$5.44 billion, 3 percent higher than its original target. The firm aims to sell 719.4 million shares at HK$6.48 to HK$7.56 each.

Do you have a link to the prospectus.

I guess most HK IPOs are probably like the US ones, and the stock opens up well north of what the investors who buy into the IPO pay?
persistentone
Loafer

Postby winston » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Here's the link:-
http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listcon ... 928013.HTM

I guess most HK IPOs are probably like the US ones, and the stock opens up well north of what the investors who buy into the IPO pay?

Depends on the pricing. The investors are not stupid. Recently, there was a Coking Coal company that was trading below the IPO price.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby persistentone » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:40 am

I don't suppose they have that in a single PDF file somewhere? Why do they create 30 PDF files like that?

I found out that US investors are forbidden from investing in foreign IPOs for 40 days after the IPO. I live in such a screwed up country.
persistentone
Loafer

Next

Return to L to R