Le Saunda 0738

Le Saunda 0738

Postby winston » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:05 am

Not vested. From Dr. Check, The Standard HK:-

On July 31, I described Le Saunda (0738) as another undervalued stock. It opened at HK$1.03 that day. Yesterday it closed at HK$1.18. At the end of September, Le Saunda had 512 outlets in the mainland and 15 in Hong Kong and Macau selling footwear and handbags.

During Golden Week, same- store revenue grew by double digits. This debt-free firm trades at 10.4 times its 2009 historical price-earnings ratio with a 6.3 percent dividend yield. Being a consumption play, valuation is attractive.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 91013&fc=2
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Le Saunda 0738

Postby winston » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:21 am

If you have been to China, you would be able to see the tough competition for the footwear retailers.

============================================

Not vested. from Dr. Check, The Standard HK:-

Footwear retailer a step in right direction

The basic way to invest in equities is to identify quality stocks that are undervalued.
Buy a small amount at first and monitor the price movement closely. When you find signs of upward momentum, buy more.

Even though your later purchases cost more, your costs will average out because you bought some shares earlier at a lower price.

For example, on July 31, I mentioned that Le Saunda (0738) was undervalued.

The footwear and handbag retailer has no debt and a net cash balance of HK$203.5 million. It was trading then at 8.9 times its 2009 historical price-earnings ratio and its dividend yield was 7.4 percent.

The stock ended at HK$1.05 that day. Then it hovered between 94 HK cents and HK$1.09 until October 12 when some significant buying orders saw it closing at HK$1.16.

Yesterday, it hit an intraday high of HK$1.30 before ending 2 HK cents lower. Since July 31, Le Saunda has returned about 23 percent.

Currently it trades at a still reasonable 11 times its historical PE with a dividend yield of 5.8 percent.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 91028&fc=4
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:54 am

Not vested. From Dr. Check, The Standard HK:-

Lets look at Le Saunda (0738).

I recommended the stock in July at around HK$1.03. The company has no debt and a net cash balance of HK$203.5 million. In last two months, the stock has risen steadily. But each upturn was followed by a dip. La Saunda closed yesterday at HK$1.54.

If you bought it in July and sold on the first dip, you would make a 16 percent gain. But if you held on to the stock till yesterday, your gains would have soared to 50 percent.

I suggest hold on to this stock as good shares with strong fundamentals are hard to find.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:40 am

Not vested. Competition is tough. Not sure I agree with Dr. Check on this one.

====================================================

From Dr. Check, The Standard HK:-

You may want to look at footwear maker Le Saunda (0738) whose share price has fallen to a level where it is attractive.

Dr Check first recommended this stock on July 31 when it was trading at HK$1.01.

In early December it touched a year-high of HK$2.19 before consolidating.

Le Saunda's interim report showed that revenue from the mainland increased 33 percent from HK$208 million to HK$277 million, but revenue from Hong Kong and Macau fell from HK$87 million to HK$61 million.

The number of self-operated shops in the mainland rose from 165 to 310 and will reach 800 at the end of 2010.

Le Saunda ended trading at HK$1.79. Its 4 percent dividend yield and its growth prospects in the mainland make it attractive.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 00107&fc=7
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 am

Not vested. Competition is tough...

From Dr. Check, The Standard HK:-

Move quickly to keep the spring in your step

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Hang Seng Index is at a crossroad, awaiting fresh stimulus. So let's focus on a stock with potential.

I have recommended Le Saunda (0738) a few times. The shoe retailer's stock more than doubled from HK$1.03 in July to HK$2.19 in December.

It has no debts. In fact, it has a net cash balance of HK$200 million. The stock consolidated over the last three months, closing at HK$1.85 yesterday. If you had held on to Le Saunda shares since July, they would have gained 79 percent in value.

If you still have the shares, I suggest holding on to them.

For those who do not have the stock, now is a chance to acquire them. The mainland is the firm's biggest market, accounting for 67 percent of total revenue.

Le Saunda's self-operated shops across the border doubled last year to 310 while the number of franchised shops rose to 155.

The company is aiming to boost its mainland retail outlets to 800 by the end of the year.

If these new shops are successful, Le Saunda's bottom line is sure to improve. At present, the stock price looks quite reasonable.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 00311&fc=7
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:50 am

Not vested. I dont see anything great about this company ..

Shoe maker has plenty of room to grow

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Let's continue looking at laggards. I mentioned China Tontine Wines (0389) on Monday. It rose 4.6 percent yesterday.

Another stock to consider is Le Saunda (0738) which I first recommended when it was around HK$1. From time to time I kept reminding readers about this stock as its price had yet to reflect its value.

Le Saunda jumped 9.3 percent yesterday. Perhaps investors finally found that the shoe maker and retailer is worth accumulating.

It now trades at 17.5 times historical earnings with a dividend yield of 3.7 percent. And it has great growth potential.

Le Saunda has no debt and boasts a net cash balance of HK$200 million - most of which is to be used for expansion. Its mainland outlets doubled last year to 310 while franchised stores rose to 155. The firm aims to boost mainland branches to 800 by December.

The firm will reveal its interim results in June. Yesterday's surge may herald better- than-expected earnings. Let's see if my bullish view holds up.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 00428&fc=4
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby eauyong » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

winston wrote:Not vested. I dont see anything great about this company ..

After investing in DAPHNE, my views about shoe makers/retailers changed positively ;)
eauyong
Foreman

Postby winston » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Ha Ha ... the only shoe player that I may invest is Belle. There seems to be always some customers in their shop. I have not looked at their financials lately and have no intention to do so in the near future.

But what do I know about the shoe industry ? However, it's easier to understand than the Shipping industry :P
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Not vested

But if you are vested, you may want to watch the interview with Alice Lau, CEO, Le Saunda on CNBC's Managing Asia with Christine Tan.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:50 am

Not vested

Le Saunda. We saw the across-the-board resilience of ladies’ footwear retailers ytd, including Belle, Stella and Daphne.

This shows the sector’s stability given the inelastic demand for ladies’ footwear.

This time, we turn the spotlight on Le Saunda (738 HK/NOT RATED).

Le Saunda owns and operates a chain of ladies’ footwear stores under the famous brands Le Saunda and CnE in China. The company’s profit tumbled by 23% from FY07 (year ending 28 Feb 07) to FY08-09, and then doubled through FY11.

DPS remained steady at 7.5 HK cents during the tough times of FY08-09 and grew to 13 HK cents in FY11, implying a 3.3% dividend yield and nearly 50% payout ratio.

Source: UOBKH
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to L to R