Henderson Land 0012 / Lee Shau Kee

Re: Lee Shau Kee

Postby kennynah » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Chinaman wrote:WOW bro, swee man...who is this pretty gal....I got chance or not....me also million hairs.
oldman marry her sure die early 1, why leh? take too much 'tong kar ali' die c**k standing.

btw, SYTs stand for wat?

SYT you duno...i guess you might be more acquainted with the term "lao chio" :)

this cathy chui is the daughter-in-law of this lee shau kee...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 pm

LenaHuat wrote:I don't believe Chairman :D does not know Sweet Young Thing (SYT) :lol:

just have to post a SYT and with near certainty, we can draw bro Chinaman out into the open :lol: but so would i b drawn out :lol: :lol: i am only a mere man...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Chinaman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 pm

kennynah wrote:
Chinaman wrote:WOW bro, swee man...who is this pretty gal....I got chance or not....me also million hairs.
oldman marry her sure die early 1, why leh? take too much 'tong kar ali' die c**k standing.

btw, SYTs stand for wat?

SYT you duno...i guess you might be more acquainted with the term "lao chio" :)

this cathy chui is the daughter-in-law of this lee shau kee...

Honesly, i dunno..but lao chio i know leh....me chinaman leh.
i only know li kar shing...anyway the more pretty d more 'buaya' ...careful hor.
Greed for money
Greed for food
Greed for beauty
Greed for power
all lead to sufferings
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby winston » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Think Mortar: Hong Kong Billionaire Lee Shau Kee On Where To Invest Today

Hong Kong’s Lee Shau Kee, who ranks No. 29 on the new 2012 Forbes Billionaires List with wealth of $18 billion, is best known as the chairman of real estate developer Henderson Land, which has high-profile projects in Hong Kong and China. Yet more than half of Lee’s fortune comes from non-property investments. He’s also made a bundle from in the energy industry and astute stock picking.

Where does Lee see investors making money in 2012?

In a recent interview at the company’s headquarters in Hong Kong, Lee premised his outlook with warnings that the world faced more uncertainty normal due to the European financial crisis. “We are in turbulent times,” he said.

Yet ultimately, he said, huge growth in debt and the large amount of money creation by central banks globally suggests that investors should avoid cash and invest in hard assets. “Paper money will suffer,” he said.

“I’d be in mortar, not paper (money),” he said. “We are in a time when paper investments are riskier than in the past. There is also a great amount of sovereign risk.”

Amid uncertainly, Lee said that gold also looks promising this year. “Gold is a kind of mortar and offers a form of capital preservation,” he said. Although prices have doubled in the past year and despite some volatility, “we’re still bullish about gold,” Lee said. He didn’t predict what kind of return it would generate.

Lee invests in gold in party through the SPDR Gold Trust that’s traded on the New York Stock Exchange. He also has said you can just buy gold bars.

Commodities, another form of mortar, were hammered at the end of 2011, suggesting that a good time to buy commodities that are relatively inflation resistant, Lee believes. “The U.S. is talking about keeping interest rates near zero,” which augurs well for economic growth and demand for commodities, he said. Among the companies Lee owns are Exxon and China’s Shenhua Coal.

Another way to play a commodities rise, he said: Australian-dollar-denominated assets.

In this kind of environment, Lee also said investing in real estate – the field he knows best — also makes sense. “Yields will rise with prices, and this will generate steady income.”

He said Hong Kong commercial real estate stocks would recover from a recent downturn because underlying demand in Hong Kong would buoy prices. Commercial property will appreciate in Hong Kong because of its close economic ties to China’s relatively healthy property.

And Lee said he remains a lot-term bull about China’s economy. Monetary policy tightening in 2011 will leave authorities “in a position to be more accommodating” this year, he said. “There are some lights at the end of the tunnel. If political leaders in Europe can put things in order, things will be better. These days, much relies on politics.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/russellflan ... est-today/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Lee Shau Kee: better to buy equities than buying properties

Lee Shau Kee, chairman of HENDERSON LAND (00012), said it is better to buy equities than buying properties at this moment, as he believes the incoming administration would increase land supply, coupled with the low valuation of property stocks.

A new administration would come to power this year while external economies remained covered by smoke, both dragging down valuations of stocks, he said.

He is convinced normal stock market situation would be restored three years later, when investors could pocket more gains from equity investment.

Lee now adopts a defensive equity investment strategy due to the dangers in the stock market. He is holding back any buy or sell action until market situation becomes clearer.

Source: AAStocks Financial News
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Lee Shau Kee: not safe to buy share, flat over next two to three months

HENDERSON LAND (00012) chairman Lee Shau Kee, who had earlier said he preferred share to flat when making an investment, added that he was talking about the higher worth-betting ratio and return rate of home-builder shares compared with ordinary flats. His comment has been criticized by his colleagues and peers.

Lee said Greek exit from eurozone and bank run may not necessarily happen, but it is not safe to buy shares or flats over the next two to three months as European debt problem remains unresolved and the Chinese Central Government would change leaders.

Lee expects property price to inched higher on less supply of ordinary flats, but the property developers and the government will speed up the launch of new properties. There are still demand for flats, but excessive ordinary flats will push prices slightly lower.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:37 pm

The Henderson Land chairman Lee Shau-kee expects home prices in the city to be stable this year.

"A large influx of new homes is foreseeable in the next six months," he said.

Source: THE STANDARD
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Lee Shau-kee expects developers to offer conservatively in land auctions

In anticipation of increase in housing supply, HENDERSON LAND (00012) Chairman Lee Shau-kee said the developers became less motivated in bidding lands.

On 'limited upside potential' of the property market, the developers would not offer high prices.

As a developer, the Group will participate in the auctions if the Government launches sites, but will not offer any aggressive price, Lee expressed.

He expected that the high-priced properties to outperform the broad market.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 am

Stocks see better return than property: Uncle Four

Towngas (0003) chairman Lee Shau-kee said it is better to invest in stocks than in the housing market.

Nicknamed Uncle Four, Lee said: "Say, you invest HK$10 million in property, you may see 10 or 20 percent return in a few years, giving you a total of HK$10 million.

In the stock market, it can jump three times and turns the sum of money into HK$40 million. Which one is better?"

Lee, also chairman of Henderson Land (0012), said local property stocks are under-priced now.

Source: The Standard HK
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:58 am

Property price to go up by 20% in next 3 yrs; good to buy local property stocks - Lee Shao Kee

Lee Shao Kee, chairman of HENDERSON LAND (00012.HK) expects property price in Hong Kong to gain up to 20% in the next two to three years, citing sharp surge in construction costs.

On the other hand, Lee deems the government's measures will not be able to cool down the property market in the near term.

He also criticized the sophisticated procedures involved in obtaining building permits.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to D to K