Wheat

Re: Wheat

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

any target exit price in mind??

650 or 600?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby b0rderc0llie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:05 pm

No target exit price in mind. I might hold onto the short till I decide that I want to go long again. See how the situation develops and how the market reacts.
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Noted. Tx

Pls shout if u r going Long
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 am

kennynah wrote:hmmmm....interesting that you guys are enjoying a discount from what CME requires as initial margin

below taken from CME

WHEAT (W)-WHEAT FUTURES (W)
Spec - ...........New Crop $2,363 $1,750
Hedge/Member - New Crop $1,750 $1,750

the left figure is Initial Margin Requirment...the 2nd is Maintenance Requirement..

my brokerage has since increased the margin requirement to usd3375/contract.... i'm assuming it is bcos CME increased the performance bond given the volatility of late...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby lithium » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 am

Hmm......... that's dangerous, they can increase margins whenever they want? This can force you out of your trade. :roll:

Do you have the same experience with Index futures?
"Play Great Defence, not Great Offence "
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby millionairemind » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:26 am

lithium wrote:Hmm......... that's dangerous, they can increase margins whenever they want? This can force you out of your trade. :roll:

Index futures like SP500 is pretty stable.

However MSCI Singapore Index futures keeps fluctuating. When I was trading it back in 2008, it was close to $5000 per contract. I think its now $2.5K per contract for IM.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:52 am

lithium wrote:Hmm......... that's dangerous, they can increase margins whenever they want? This can force you out of your trade. :roll:

US index futures are not immune to such changes in margin requirements. After that flash crash, they were raised iirc

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:53 am

ho say liao....down another $40 tonight...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:02 pm

play the 50% retracement....for a bounce up.... from the 646-648 region...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby b0rderc0llie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:00 pm

You are going long? I will hold my shorts. However, I do want to trade a contract or 2. Go long with you, with the intention to get back in the short position at a higher price.
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

PreviousNext

Return to Commodities