Singapore Post

Re: Singapore Post

Postby iam802 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:21 pm

In my opinion, the root cause is cost cutting to the extreme for a 'sunset' industry.

Over at my estate, I frequently got mails that are delivered wrongly (different blocks).

--
Mail stolen after SingPost trolley left unattended

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/ ... unattended

A thief stole mail belonging to residents at six blocks of flats in Woodlands after a postwoman left a SingPost trolley unattended while using a restroom.

The theft took place at Block 734, Woodlands Circle last Thursday.

A SingPost spokesman said the postwoman did not take the postal items to the restroom three blocks away as it was raining heavily and she did not want them to get wet.

She tried to conceal the trolley with pieces of wood.

The postwoman discovered the trolley missing at 4.30pm and made a police report after conducting a search.

The SingPost spokesman said yesterday that it was "working closely" with the police and has notified affected residents.

It will also take disciplinary action against the postwoman, an employee of 17 years, for breaching "an established standard operating procedure" which forbids postal staff to leave mail unattended.

Ordinary mail is not tracked by Sing- Post so it cannot tell what items had been taken.

Residents told The Straits Times that they received a SingPost letter about the incident on Monday.

Housewife Maria Ratnam, 59, said she was concerned that some "important" letters may have been lost as a result.

"My husband is waiting for a court letter regarding a motorcycle accident he had," she added.

Neighbour Lau S.E., a 45-year-old teacher, said: "I don't even know what letters I missed. I may be charged with late payment for some bills I didn't even know I had."

SingPost said it was the first time a mail trolley had been stolen although mail had been left unattended in the past.

The Straits Times reported in June that a bundle of letters had been left unattended at a void deck in Toa Payoh with a note attached telling residents not to touch it and that a postman would return for it later.

SingPost said then that the postman had a heavy workload that day due to the haze.

As his storage box was full, he did not take all the mail with him to the next block. Disciplinary action was taken.

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Singapore Post’s 2Q14 underlying profit of S$37.3m (+13.8% y-o-y, +3.0% q-o-q) was in line, as 1H14 comprised 49.7% of our FY14F estimates. S$1.25 Scts interim DPS was also in line.

High developmental costs for e-commerce were offset by higher rental income and lower interest costs.

Maintain BUY with a TP of S$1.50.

SingPost has S$139m net cash which can be used for profitable acquisitions, in our view.

Source: DBS
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Singapore Post: Still delivering on rainy days

Singapore Post (SingPost) reported a 32.6% YoY rise in revenue to S$203.8m and a 8.5% increase in net profit to S$35.6m in 2QFY14, such that 1HFY14 net profit accounted for 49.4% of our full year estimates.

Underlying net profit increased 13.8% to S$37.3m in the quarter, in line with our expectations.

We are seeing good topline growth with contributions from organic and inorganic initiatives, driven by e-commerce and regional growth via M&As. However, margins are expected to remain pressured in the medium term.

As expected, the group has proposed an interim quarterly dividend of 1.25 S cents/share. Despite a challenging business environment, SingPost is still delivering a good ROE of about 43%.

We also like its consistent dividends which are backed by stable operating cash flows, but see few re-rating catalysts for now. Maintain HOLD with S$1.32 fair value estimate.

Source: OCBC
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:37 pm

not vested

Singapore Post Limited (SingPost) has become the world's first postal service provider to offer bank bilateral remittance services with Myanmar, after its launch of a new remittance corridor to the South-east Asian country yesterday.

SingPost has partnered four commercial banks in Myanmar in this venture - Asia Green Development Bank (AGD Bank), Cooperative Bank (CB Bank), Kanbawza Bank (KBZ Bank) and Tun Foundation Bank (TFB).

SingPost will offer fund transfers from Singapore to Myanmar via its Cashome remittance service available at all its post offices.

The Myanmar community in Singapore is estimated to be around 150,000 to 200,000-strong.

Marjorie Ooi, SingPost's senior vice-president for Financial Services, said: "We have been expanding our Cashome remittance services and growing our network of institutional partners to enhance our remittance offerings. Our partnerships with AGD Bank, CB Bank, KBZ Bank and TFB are significant milestones in our ongoing efforts to forge direct bilateral relationships with established financial institutions, strengthening our value proposition as a channel for fund transfers."

Apart from remitting money to their beneficiaries, Myanmar senders can remit salaries back home for savings purpose to earn an interest rate of 8 per cent per annum, compounded quarterly, offered by the banks in Myanmar.

The money is remitted in Myanmar kyats, with the exchange rate determined at the point of remittance transaction.

A SingPost spokesman told BT that Myanmar provides new growth opportunities for SingPost.

"We believe our new remittance service to Myanmar will contribute business value to our Cashome remittance business over the long term," said the spokesman, who declined to give figures.

The four banks have more than 200 branches across Myanmar for beneficiaries to collect funds, with no service charge.

Source: AmFraser
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 pm

not vested

Singapore Post's 3Q net profit came in flat at $39.4m, about 0.2% lower y-o-y, despite a 30.2% jump in revenue to $222.6m for the quarter ended Dec 31, 2013. The jump in revenue was mainly boosted by contributions from General Storage Company and Famous Holdings, which were acquired early last year.

SingPost's largest segment, mail, saw a 12.8% increase in revenue which came in at $133.2m for the quarter, driven by the increase in e-commerce package volumes which in turn boosted domestic and international mail revenue.

Excluding contributions from acquisitions, the growth in revenue stood at 9.3%, driven by growth in ecommerce related activities.

However, with the exception of finance expenses, costs rose across the board for the group, resulting in a flat bottom line.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Singapore Post: Still a good place to park your funds

Singapore Post (SingPost) reported a 4.8% rise in net profit to S$143.1m in FY14.

Excluding one-offs, underlying net profit grew 2.9% to S$145.0m in FY14, 1.8% higher than our estimate.

Though the group’s business transformation will still take time (and perhaps more acquisitions), its initiatives are starting to yield results.

We switch our valuation to the free cash flows from equity method to capture growth from the e-commerce business.

As such, our fair value rises from S$1.32 to S$1.42. Meanwhile, SingPost’s stock has also been buoyed by investors seeking to park their funds in an environment awash with liquidity.

Hence we believe that investors may continue to seek refuge in the stock as long as the dividend yield remains decent.

Indeed at current price, the forecast dividend yield is decent at 4.4%, and may be attractive to yield seekers. However, given the limited upside potential, maintain HOLD.

Source: OCBC
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:20 pm

not vested

SingPost remains focused on growth, eyes Indonesia By Angela Tanangelat

SINGPOST said on Thursday that it has been speeding up its transformation efforts in view of the global decline in its traditional mail business.

"...SingPost has been accelerating its transformation efforts over the past few years, and continues to pursue opportunities, both organic and via M&As, to drive growth in Singapore and the regional markets,'' SingPost said.

It also said that it was unaware of any information that might have affected the trading activity of its shares recently in a response to SGX query.

SingPost has been in the limelight after Alibaba Group Holding, China's biggest e-commerce company, agreed to buy a 10 per cent stake in the company to develop its logistics in Southeast Asia.

Source: Business Times
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 am

not vested

Singapore Post: BUY; S$1.745; SPOST SP
Still some way up to go
Price Target : 12-month S$ 2.00 (Prev S$ 1.60)

• New business from Alibaba and acquisitions may uplift our FY16F earnings significantly
• Absence of developmental expenses would also benefit the earnings in the medium term
• BUY with TP raised to S$2.00 (WACC 6.3%) as we raise terminal rate to 2% from 1%

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Heard SingPost is going to cancel their SAM services country wide. Can't find official news.

I may have miss the announcement

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 am

iam802 wrote:Heard SingPost is going to cancel their SAM services country wide. Can't find official news.

I may have miss the announcement

Ok. I figured it out.

1. The service that they are cancelling is the lockers that comes with SAM service.

2. They have a competing service, POPStation. That will remain.

3. I suspect POPStation was acquired by SingPost and was previously a service from the current CEO.

Don't have the time to dig all out. Looks to me just a cost cutting and consolidating exercise.

iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to S to T