Singapore Exchange 02 (Feb 10 - Jan 11)

Re: Singapore Exchange 02 (Feb 10 - Mar 11)

Postby trendlines » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:21 pm

My pleasure Lena, i much rather see them yell certainty! ;)
Analysis of World Market Indices using Elliott Wave Theory, Trendlines, & Fibonacci - http://trendlines618.blogspot.com
trendlines
Loafer

Postby Chinaman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 pm

trendlines wrote:Singapore Exchange: Back to the drawing board!
A break below the uptrendline & $8.30 level could be medium-term bearish for SGX. As always, i will have a suitable stop-loss in place. All the best! :)

Overall, the long-term chart of SGX doesn't suggest strength so far, which leads me to theorize that the merger may not work out eventually! Time will tell, but charts do whisper and occasionally yell. ;)

SGX at 8.25 maybe a good buy.
I bet the merger will go thru'

Those bot at 10.20 now obk liao...'oh bak kar' mean blue black eye.

Waiting to go-in

Not vested yet
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:46 am

just a thought...

if price has already moved up becos of this merger news...then, even if this deal pulls through.... the classic "selling into the news" could well just happen...

good luck...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 am

2010Dec-SGX-800x600.png

Note the resistance and change in trend.

From current price level to possible kumo breakout level, the spread is about $1

So, there is a need to think about how we deploy the funds.

It is also possible that it will break support below and fall $1 as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 am

Not vested

Maintain Trading Sell and target price of S$8.26, still based 19x CY12 P/E.

SGX is due to release 2Q11 results on 18 Jan, before the market opens. We expect
earnings of S$94.5m (up 27.4% qoq) on the back of stronger qoq ADT in equities and
derivatives growth.

Securities turnover was up 13% qoq, although the quarter included a tepid December. Yoy, securities turnover should be down 11%.

Demand for ADRs, launched on 22 Oct, was not as robust as expected. Hence, we cut our FY11 ADT to S$1.96bn, which lowers our FY11 EPS estimate by 2.6%.

We are keeping our FY12- 13 numbers intact. Our new FY11 ADT assumption implies 2H11 ADT of S$2.1bn/day.

Due to the possibility of a SGX-ASX merger and the large arbitrage gap between SGX and ASX currently, we expect SGX’s share price to drop and ASX’s share price to rise, narrowing the arbitrage gap, as the clearing of each regulatory hurdle (including shareholders’ approval) removes uncertainties of the deal and encourages arbitraging activity.

Source: CIMB
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:21 pm

kennynah wrote:just a thought...

if price has already moved up becos of this merger news...then, even if this deal pulls through.... the classic "selling into the news" could well just happen...

good luck...

Hi K :D
Did U read GohEngYeow's article in the BizTimes. I subscribe to his views. This reporter has brains :D .
Why is MayBank paying US$1.4b to buy KimEng? One of the reasons : backdoor entry to ASX.
This merger will succeed :lol:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:51 pm

ho say lah L :)

cheong cheong :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 pm

A CIMB research report has this piece of news:-
Figure 1: Merger schedule timetable
Ev e n t -
First Court Date - By the end of February 2011
Bidder Shareholder Meeting - March 2011 (and 16 days prior to Scheme Meeting)
Scheme Meeting - Late March 2011
Second Court Date - April 2011, or as soon as possible after all of the Regulatory Conditions have been satisfied
Effective Date Implementation Date - 2nd Quarter 2011

I don't know what 'court' meant here but thought I would post this first and investigate later.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:46 am

Not vested.

SGX Q2 profit S$81.7m, misses expectations

SINGAPORE - Singapore Exchange, Asia's second-biggest listed bourse, said its quarterly net profit rose 14 per cent, excluding costs related to merger proposal with ASX, as a jump in technology spending partially offset higher securities turnover, missing expectations.

Source: Business Times
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

LiKaShing looks set to create a record for SGX, listing his port assets here. I suppose there will be more news in 2morrow's HK papers.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to S to T