Starhub

Re: Starhub

Postby iam802 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:58 pm

iam802 wrote:I must be on a string of 'Test the customer service' activities.

----
Almost my entire afternoon was spent calling Starhub to have them check on their cable connections.

Keep asking me to connect this way, that way...reboot this way, that way...all sorts of things.

And still, it does not solve the problem.

In fact, after going through with them the first 2 rounds, I have already told them that the fault can't be on my side.

Till now, I am still having connections drop.

Ask them if they are having issues in my area...and they said no.

----
Incredible. Give them half an hour more.

Can't solve it... I am going to send email to Cust Svc Head.

So, almost a week since I posted about my initial contact with Starhub.

And till now, the issues are still not resolved. (<< They are starting to make DBS response to system failure looks very good).

In fact, a visit scheduled for this morning was CANCELED without informing me. :x

I have been calling them everyday (including weekends)...why? Because I have a feeling about their ability to solve things faster than required and I am going to follow up with their billing department soon.

Note:
I can identify more than 1 point of failure while calling their support line. Even their voice system have issues.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby millionairemind » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:29 pm

So much so for "your call is important to us" and "we value your business". :roll:
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kanglc » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 pm

iam802 wrote:
iam802 wrote:I must be on a string of 'Test the customer service' activities.

----
Almost my entire afternoon was spent calling Starhub to have them check on their cable connections.

Keep asking me to connect this way, that way...reboot this way, that way...all sorts of things.

And still, it does not solve the problem.

In fact, after going through with them the first 2 rounds, I have already told them that the fault can't be on my side.

Till now, I am still having connections drop.

Ask them if they are having issues in my area...and they said no.

----
Incredible. Give them half an hour more.

Can't solve it... I am going to send email to Cust Svc Head.

So, almost a week since I posted about my initial contact with Starhub.

And till now, the issues are still not resolved. (<< They are starting to make DBS response to system failure looks very good).

In fact, a visit scheduled for this morning was CANCELED without informing me. :x

I have been calling them everyday (including weekends)...why? Because I have a feeling about their ability to solve things faster than required and I am going to follow up with their billing department soon.

Note:
I can identify more than 1 point of failure while calling their support line. Even their voice system have issues.

Perhaps you can send an InMail to this guy:
http://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprofile? ... nk=cnt_dir

may have to try your luck since he did not update his current status- COO of Starhub.
kanglc
Loafer

Postby iam802 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:58 pm

kanglc wrote:Perhaps you can send an InMail to this guy:
http://www.linkedin.com/ppl/webprofile? ... nk=cnt_dir

may have to try your luck since he did not update his current status- COO of Starhub.

Thanks kanglc

I will have him on my contact list.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:21 pm

dont pay them.... and if you are willing to spend some money, seek your lawyer's opinion if got case to sue them for some money.. basically for non performance of contracted service
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:36 am

Not vested

Starhub ST: the upside prevails as long as 2.43 is support <STAR.SI>

Click here to see our chart:
http://www.tradingcentral.com/chart/STH ... 022727.gif

Our pivot point stands at 2.43.

Our preference: the upside prevails as long as 2.43 is support.

Alternative scenario: the downside breakout of 2.43 would call for 2.35 and 2.31.

Comment: the RSI is above 50. The MACD is positive and above its signal line.

The configuration is positive. Moreover, the stock is above its 20 and 50 day MA (standing respectively at 2.45 and 2.38). Starhub is currently trading near its 52 week high reached at 2.55 on 01/09/10.

Supports and resistances: 2.68 *2.64 **2.6 2.51 last 2.45 2.43 **2.35 *

Source: Reuters
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Not vested

RESEARCH ALERT-UOB ups target for StarHub to S$3.36, keeps "buy"

SINGAPORE, Nov 10 (Reuters) - UOB Kay Hian has raised its target price for Singapore's second-biggest telecom firm StarHub to S$3.36 from S$2.80 and maintained its "buy" rating.

STATEMENT: UOB Kay Hian said StarHub earnings have beat expectations and the negative impact from losing the rights to broadcast the Barclays Premier League was not as severe as anticipated.

The brokerage has raised its net profit forecasts by 10.8 percent for StarHub's 2010 financial year and 11.5 percent for 2011 mainly to account for the lower cost of content.

UOB said StarHub lost only 4,000 Pay-TV subscribers to rival SingTel , compared to its expectations of 30,000, and the firm has added 30,000 post-paid mobile subscribers to exceed 1 million.

It added that StarHub is not losing share in the residential broadband market, helped by its lower-tier price plans, and gaining momentum in corporate data services.

StarHub said on Tuesday third-quarter net profit fell 3.7 percent to S$82 million ($63.81 million), dragged down by higher operating expenses. [ID:nSGE6A80HZ] At 0209 GMT, StarHub shares were down 0.7 percent at S$2.78 on a volume of 1.4 million shares.

It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Not vested

StarHub Ltd. (STH SP): Singapore’s second-biggest phone company said fourth-quarter net income rose 8.4 percent to S$80.4 million from a year ago.

The stock lost 0.4 percent to S$2.61.

Source: Bloomberg
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:39 am

With this kind of service level, I won't be surprised.

I recall my past year's experience. It took more than 1 month on the phone to have the tech issues sorted out.

But, the promise of fee waiver took more than 3 months... and ultimately, took me a trip to have a face-to-face talk with their customer service to solve it. What pissed me off, is that all those 'promises' during the calls were not carried out.

The customer service that I spoke to (face-to-face), highlighted that the requests were not raised.

=====

Starhub faces fuming WoW gamers

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-p ... 6-236.html

Following the 4.0.6 patch, thousands of Starhub subscribers are fuming with rage after experiencing severe lag spikes that make World of Warcraft (WoW) unplayable, though many of them have the Maxonline Ultimate broadband connection.

Some gamers have even gone to the extent of permanently quitting the game or terminating their broadband contract and switching to SingNet.

According to gaming experts, the problem lies with Starhub rather than Blizzard because the same patch is distributed to players all over the world and it should affect all ISPs or region if it had any issues.
How this problem arose could be due to the certain form of packet StarHub uses, their prioritisation of data flow, or even many simultaneous BitTorrent downloads on the same network.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Thu May 05, 2011 7:52 am

Not vested

StarHub , Singapore's second-biggest telecommunications firm, may be in focus after it said its first quarter net profit rose 62 percent year-on-year to S$69.1 million ($56.2 million), helped by higher operating income and lower expenses.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to S to T