Noble Group 01 (May 08 - May 10)

Re: Noble Group 1 (May 08 - May 10)

Postby millionairemind » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:45 pm

winston wrote:On CNBC:-

Ray Barros mentioned that Noble's Support level is around Sin$2.50

Another 20% downside?? :o 8-)
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:54 pm

:lol: on my chart, first level support is $2.80. Noble results release on 6th May.
learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby millionairemind » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

April 30, 2010, 10.21 am (Singapore time)

Noble not interested to talk to Macarthur over assets

SINGAPORE - Noble Group said it has no interest in having any talks with Macarthur Coal over potential merger transactions related to any of its coal assets.

Friday's statement came after Australian takeover target Macarthur Coal extended its offer for Noble-controlled Gloucester to May 13, leaving the door open to pursue a new bid for the smaller rival.

'Noble wishes to categorically state it has no interest whatsoever at this juncture in having any discussions regarding this matter, directly or indirectly, with Macarthur...,' it said in a statement.

'This is one of those times where there may be a great deal of smoke, but there is no fire.' -- REUTERS
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Tue May 04, 2010 5:08 pm

The directors (the "Directors") of Noble Group Limited (the "Company") refer to:

1. the final dividend of US 3.6 cents per ordinary share of HK$0.25 each ("Share") in the capital of the Company for the financial year ended 31 December 2009 (the "Final Dividend") and the issue of up to 2,212,390,805 new Shares ("Bonus Shares") to shareholders of the Company ("Shareholders") on the basis of six (6) Bonus Shares for every eleven (11) existing Shares held by Shareholders ("Bonus Issue"), each of which was approved by Shareholders during the Company's Annual General Meeting held on 30 April 2010; and
2. the announcement dated 23 February 2010 relating to the application of the Noble Group Limited Scrip Dividend Scheme (the "Scrip Dividend Scheme") to the Final Dividend.
learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby newbieinvestor » Tue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm

at what price do you all think it will be a good entry? I dunno if i should wait for XA before buying. Currently supports at 2.86 and around 2.60. I have been waiting to go long on this counter
newbieinvestor
Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm

newbieinvestor wrote:at what price do you all think it will be a good entry? I dunno if i should wait for XA before buying. Currently supports at 2.86 and around 2.60. I have been waiting to go long on this counter

At what price after you go LONG do you think its a good price to exit? Either thro' cutting loss... or taking profits....

Taking into consideration your risk to reward ratio, then you will know if it is a good price to enter.

This must be determined first, before you enter at the price you want to enter. :)

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby Aspellian » Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 am

Hi MM, thanks for your comments. I have also learnt something today. ;)

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Wed May 05, 2010 12:12 am

Seems that its a blessing in disguise that Peacock came and stole the macarthur coal from Noble. because the special tax by Aussie govt will throw NPV down by as much as 30% assuming there's super bonus.

Noble is lucky once again! :lol:

Mr Wong loses horse is actually with colorful blessings by angels.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby newbieinvestor » Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 am

Aspellian wrote:Seems that its a blessing in disguise that Peacock came and stole the macarthur coal from Noble. because the special tax by Aussie govt will throw NPV down by as much as 30% assuming there's super bonus.

Noble is lucky once again! :lol:

Mr Wong loses horse is actually with colorful blessings by angels.

its considered lucky and unlucky. Unlucky because they cannot expand their coal business.
newbieinvestor
Loafer

Postby winston » Thu May 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Not vested.

Noble's Q1 net profit jumps 28% By ANGELA TAN

Noble Group reported on Thursday that its net profit for the first quarter of 2010 was US$115 million, up 28 per cent compared to US$90 million in 1Q 2009.

The commodities group also generated record quarterly revenue of US$11.4 billion compared to US$6.1 billion a year ago, thanks to higher prices of commodities.

Higher tonnage levels were reported by its Oil & Gas, Coal & Coke and Grain divisions.

Source: Business Times
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to L to R