First Ship Lease Trust

Re: First Ship Lease Trust

Postby millionairemind » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 pm

Musicwhiz wrote:
cif5000 wrote:
Musicwhiz wrote:Hence, I can still sleep soundly at night. :D

Apparently, not any more! You were right to point that out. :D

MW,

Like a thorn in the flesh, its better to just pluck it out quickly and deploy your monies elsewhere.

You have my respect to admit and learn from investment mistakes.

I have made so many mistakes that if I start listing them all, I would have to write till tomorrow morning. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lets go grow the monies. ;)

Cheers,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi MM,

Thank you for your encouragement. It isn't easy to do some of the things which I've done for my portfolio, but I am striving to learn and better myself through time (and effort).

Wish you well on your wealth-building journey too, and all the best to you and family. :)
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Stockinvestor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Today's AGM: From CNA forum.

Quote:
The management looked loss and desperate;
They admitted they are not experienced enough when they enter into agreeement with the 2 ships that the leasee defaulted, it was signed "without recourse" , so now LL. The CEO said we learned a lesson and paid for it.
Now they want to go into new biz segment which they are totally new and with no resources which they have to start from scratch.
i.e. Floating production storage & offloading, Floating oil rigs, inter-modal cranes , Freight containers ( inter-model )
Really nonsence to many unitholders.
Many unitholders asked what is the point for the trust to grow , now double from IPO but shareholder value down by 70% from IPO price ?
One even suggest to buy back its share if the share is being trade at big discount to NAV, mangement gave excuse thta it is now workable, this unitholder siad not workable becos the management fee will shrink when the company buy back own share, is it ? The management just acted blured on this statement.

Unquote:
Stockinvestor
Loafer

Postby Chinaman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:23 pm

I have plucked off the thorn 1.5 yrs ago....applied from IPO and sold off 20% of my purchase price...this 1 i loss by greed on 10% dividend paid qtrly...WS's SAGA and MW also dipped into this ticker, too got their fingers burnt...I understand now SAGA is actively investing in Wine...he had given up as fund manager.
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Musicwhiz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:58 am

Chinaman wrote:I have plucked off the thorn 1.5 yrs ago....applied from IPO and sold off 20% of my purchase price...this 1 i loss by greed on 10% dividend paid qtrly...WS's SAGA and MW also dipped into this ticker, too got their fingers burnt...I understand now SAGA is actively investing in Wine...he had given up as fund manager.

Yes, Curtis is now into Wine Investments, but not very sure how he's doing.

I guess it was better for me to pluck the thorn from my side, figuratively speaking. Seeing that comment from another forum really makes me wonder if Management know what they are doing. They hired a Risk Officer (a lady I recall) but in the end, they still experienced a default on 2 of their vessels and had to charter them out in the spot market. Now, they plan to go into a business segment they hardly know anything about. Doesn't really boost confidence and I doubt it would also add a lot to shareholder value.
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby tonylim » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 am

The CEO Looked desperate and talked rubbish. He didn't explain well the difference between time charter and bareboat charter, and need the chairman to correct him during the AGM.
:oops:
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby behappyalways » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:21 am

(not vested)

During the two year base period under the new employment, FSL Shanghai’s net daily rate
represents a 54% increase while FSL Hamburg and FSL Singapore’s net daily rate represents a
31% increase for each vessel as compared to the previous time charter agreements.

FSL Trust announces new time charter contracts for three
tankers worth up to US$61 million
http://infopub.sgx.com/FileOpen/2015070 ... eID=358930

FIRST SHIP LEASE TRUST: Staging a comeback
http://nextinsight.net/index.php/story- ... a-comeback
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby behappyalways » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 pm

navios-moves-controlling-stake-fsl-trust
http://splash247.com/navios-moves-contr ... fsl-trust/