GMG Global

Re: GMG Global

Postby ichew » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Musicwhiz wrote:What's going on here? ... People are buying into a lot of hype?

after a while u will and shld notice wat moves our sgx stks in the short-term
i know of frens who track these and usually they q at pre-open, out when they r happy with the day's profits
rem these r traders ... not dydx, d.o.g. investors
ichew
Foreman

Postby Musicwhiz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:29 am

I do know it's speculators at work, and not investors. I was just being sarcastic. Please don't take offense. :)
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby ichew » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 am

bro
no offense taken :)
just tot i remind all of us tat there r many different players in the mkt

there will be players tat buy GMG becos they tracked rubber prices
i rem an old uncle who buy/sell NOL successfully over many yrs by tracking BDI

i know of a fren who wakes up early, read thru BT, esp Hock Lock Siew for trading ideas
i believe he shld have played this GMG

for longer term players like me
when i read abt rising ppty prices 1-2 yrs back, i started buying into some ppty developers trading below book value with landbanks abt to be launched

now when i read abt rising COE, i'm thinking abt buying ... hmmm ...
ichew
Foreman

Postby winston » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Not vested. How come DBS did not mention the Business Times article ?

From DBS.

We think that GMG shares are overstretched in the shortterm and a consolidation is due. Short-term traders should not chase the stock up as we see near-term resistance at $0.23.

The stock was ramped up from 15.5cts to 24cts this wk as investors cheered the rise in rubber price and
GMG’s attractive P/B valuation relative to other ‘soft’ commodity plays such as CPO stocks. However, following
this week’s price surge, GMG shares are no longer attractive from a P/B basis as the table below clearly
shows and one takes into consideration that the market capitalization for GMG is much smaller compared to other soft commodity plays listed here.

Moreover, GMG shares, which tend to follow the trend for rubber price historically, appears to have overshot on the upside with this week’s surge.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Just checked CFD... GMG is listed as LONG ONLY... :P
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 pm

While you are buying, Mieke Bintati Gondobintoro is reducing his / her stake ...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Consolidation? Or distribution?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm surprised that it's taking so long to have the 50% technical retracement of around 0.20
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 pm

winston wrote:I'm surprised that it's taking so long to have the 50% technical retracement of around 0.20

Almost there now. :D

Q1-2010 results.

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/ ... penelement

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Published July 30, 2010

GMG posts Q2 profit of $9.5 million

Turnover more than doubles as rubber volume and selling prices rise

By NICHOLAS YEO

SINGAPORE-LISTED rubber plantation group GMG Global announced a return to net profit of $9.5 million for the second quarter ended June - from a net loss of $3.8 million a year ago. This resulted in an increase in first-half net profit to $15.8 million, from $101,530 in H1 2009.

The more than doubling in Q2 turnover to $80.7 million from $38.5 million came with 19,069 tonnes of rubber sold, up from 18,342 tonnes in Q2 2009.

Also, the price of rubber was higher in Q2 2010, averaging $4,233 a tonne, versus $2,101 in Q2 2009.

GMG Global says that it is on track to increasing tonnage output by double digits and remains positive on the fundamentals of the business and longer-term prospects for natural rubber.

The group yesterday also announced board and management changes.

Current chairman Xian Ming will become CEO and executive director. Zhang Zenggen will become non-executive chairman in place of Mr Xian.

Mr Zhang is an executive director and chief executive of Sinochem International Corporation, a Chinese state-owned enterprise that is China's largest rubber player. Sinochem has a 51 per cent stake in GMG Global.

Elson Ng Keng Kwang will relinquish his current role as executive director, CEO and president of GMG Global and become president of strategic projects and chief adviser to the CEO, overseeing projects in Africa and South-east Asia.

All of the changes are effective immediately.

GMG Global is the only pure natural rubber company listed in Singapore and has supplied processed rubber and latex to big tyre makers such as Goodyear and Bridgestone.

The company focuses on centrifuged latex and tyre-grade rubber and two supplementary products - block rubbers of latex and skim.

GMG's stock price closed one cent up yesterday at 22.5 cents a share.

millionairemind
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to E to G