ARA Asset Management 01 (Jun 08 - Sep 10)

ARA Asset Management 01 (Jun 08 - Sep 10)

Postby iam802 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 am

(not vested)

Saw this posting on SGX and did a check on its Financial Ratios. Maybe it is worth a second look.

1. The Company
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=SIN%3AD1R

Key points:
- fund managers
- manage both public-listed REITS and private real estate funds
- also manage real estate fund

In a way, it is like 'Babcock' but with focus on real estate. (I may be wrong here)

2. Financial Ratios:

3. The announcement at SGX

http://info.sgx.com/webcorannc.nsf/ef3b ... enDocument

====

ARA MARKET UPDATE - ARA COMPLETES THIRD AND FINAL CLOSING OF FLAGSHIP ARA ASIA DRAGON FUND WITH COMMITMENTS AND CO-INVESTMENT ALLOCATIONS OF OVER US$1.6 BILLION

==

Key points from document:
- this is their flagship fund (in real estate)
- Fund has more than US$1.6biillion at its disposal; representing real estate capacity investment capacity of over US$5 billion
- Primary focus : China, SG, HK, MY
- Seconday focus: Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam and other rapidly growing economies in the region.
- Fund's investors include public pension funds, foundations, and other global institutional investors seeking diversification in Asia's real estate
- To date, the fund has invested in real estate with value exceeding US$800m

===

So, shooting off my mind.

Good time for them to be looking at real estate. I would think that the US subprime stuffs should have an impact on borrowings. They could easily be in a good position to pick and finance some pretty good properties. Also, when the dust settles on all the US subprime, oil issues, there is a high chance that Asia will resume its growth. Asia's real estate is likely to grow faster than that of US and Europe.

I am just thinking this could be a stock or company that is suitable for holding 3-5 years term?

To me , it seems that expenses are fairly kept under controlled. But, the potential for greater return is there.

One part of fund managers revenue or earnings are based on 'performance' which should act as great motivation factors.

ARA is also very focused in real estate only. And I think this reduce complexity when compare to Babcock (not saying that there is anything wrong with Babcock).

But, I think real estate business is always something that retail investors can understand easier compared to Babcock's structured investments or alternative investments.

Just some random thoughts late at night.

===
EDIT: June 24 - put in screen capture of financial ratios for better display.
Last edited by iam802 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Re: ARA Asset Management

Postby winston » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:21 am

As it is partly owned by Superman, Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-Shing, I will certainly put it on my watchlist :)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby skychar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:47 pm

This is one of the stocks in my watch list. But this stock is only good for long term which means it is a very good dividend play. But in the long term, u will be greatly rewarded with about ten to fifteen years, the stock is free.......

Very tempted to just buy and forget about it. Maybe enough to fund my retirement.........
skychar
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:13 pm

skychar... u r right man....

some stocks pay so much 1 time or spevial dividend on top of the annual dividend that it pays for all of the share price...

for example...i think now got 10 years liao... i have some wheelock...last time called marco polo...one day, when i tried to search for marco polo....sakarly...i cant find it in ses listing...i tot...hong kong liao...money kena makan-ded...

then turned out wheelock took over...and then, over the years, one time got stock split...paid out in cash...that's at least 50% of my purchase investment recouped...then here and there over time...i think those stocks now...FREE of CHARGE....

song man !

but hor....no win such high mood...

let's not talk about those never see daylight ones...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby skychar » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:57 pm

I am looking to accumulating at below 67.5c (actually don't want to reveal to u all want)

Watching and will be accumulating slowing....target 100 lots.

Better keep quiet first cause if all buy, then the price may go up and up and then opps, i didn't get any lei.....
skychar
Loafer

Postby skychar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Still waiting patiently to reach my price....velow 67.5!
skychar
Loafer

Postby gladiator » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 am

ARA Asset Management - ARA Asset Management said its net profit for the second quarter 2008 more than doubled to S$8.9 million ($6.5 million) from S$3.9 million a year ago, due to increasing property values.

Not vested
gladiator

Postby Stockinvestor » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Seems good level to enter now ? Any advice will be much appreciated.
Stockinvestor
Loafer

Postby Stockinvestor » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:09 am

Buying is aggrassive today.
Stockinvestor
Loafer

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi stockinvestor
Did U bag any in Dec?? If so, congratulations :D
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Next

Return to A to B