Asiatic Group

Asiatic Group

Postby Aspellian » Fri May 23, 2008 3:08 pm

BACKGROUND
The Company was incorporated in Singapore on 25 October 2002 under the name of Asiatic Group (Holdings) Pte Ltd. It changed its name to Asiatic Group (Holdings) Limited on 12 March 2003.

The Group specializes in the business of protecting lives, business operations and data, which is manifest in its fire fighting and protection and Controlled Power supply businesses.

Today, Asiatic Group operates in the areas of:

• Energy, where it operates as an EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) and O&M (operation and maintenance) contractor, provides Planning and Development services and participates as an Equity Investor in niche power plant projects in the region.

• Controlled Power Solutions, where it supports the power requirements of industries to safeguard vital data and processes in their operations and to ensure business continuity. The Controlled Power Supply business is primarily involved in the protection of data and business operations in the semiconductors, finance and telecommunications industries.

• Fire Protection, where it provides total fi re protection solutions.

• High-tech Precision Gears, for applications in Automation, Elevators and Electronics industries.

The Group has operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and China.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Re: Asiatic Group

Postby Aspellian » Fri May 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Asiatic being featured in the Edge in 12th May 08:

http://www.asiatic.com.sg/updated120508.pdf

Merits of this small company:
- Fire protection business which is a steady cashcow. Esp with the boom in oil and gas/marine sector, there are more business for this sector. Note the recent acquisition by Leeden of a Msia fire extinguisher company.

- Power generation in Cambodia. cashflows starting to come in as there's increased output and economies of scale. 1H08 revenue of power surpassed that of fire protection for 1st time (12.8m vs 9.2m).
The Power generation is on a BOO (Build-Own-Operate) and for 10 years. This could be steady cashflow streams from these mini powerplants for next 10 years.

Its full year results maybe out soon (prob end of May), will see whether there's any re-ratings of this counter.

*Looking to vest at appropriate price.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Fri May 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Currently Asiatic already owns 2 powerplants with total capacity of 10+5MW.

It has a JV contract to build a 10MW power plant in PPSEZ (1st phase):
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/ ... penelement

Information about Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone (PPSEZ)
http://www.ppsez.com/location_infrastructure.html

A conference presentation on PPSEZ including potential electricity charges:
http://www.acledabank.com.kh/Assets/pdf ... 007_08.pdf

Newspaper article seems to suggest that PPSEZ is more successful than other SEZs in Cambodia:
http://www.ppsez.com/News/SEZ%20Outlook ... adaily.pdf
At least Asiatic has ride on the right partners to build its powerplants.

Interesting to see how Asiatic develops from here.
Mid 2008 onwards will see its capacity doubles from 15MW to 30MW (PPSEZ 10MW + 5MW additional capcity for an existing plant). After the result release for Asiatic, we will be able to guage the full year potential of 15MW on revenue and net profits and extrapolate accordingly with certain assumptions.

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Apong » Fri May 23, 2008 5:10 pm

I heard they even employed a PR firm to re-build the co's image... Somehow, the company had been profitable but the share price kept dropping after the rights issue.
Lai liao... lai liao...
Apong
Loafer

Postby Aspellian » Mon May 26, 2008 11:14 am

Hi Apong,

Despite market being weak today, Asiatic has climbed to 12.5cents. Prob in anticipation of full year results.

FY08 results will be critical in seeing how Asiatic has transformed from a Fire Fighting play (niche with limited growth) to a niche small power plant player.

On a side note, I was reading the annual reports for FY06 and FY07 and noted that Asiatic has strengthened its management team quite significantly for its Power Play. Dun play play, the George Tan CEO is determined to transform this company around. Let's see how it translates to recurring profits down the years.

Now vested.

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Apong » Mon May 26, 2008 11:20 am

I sold the "mother shares", still holding onto the rights shares & warrants... But small amounts only.

Good luck to you -- will see action soon..
Lai liao... lai liao...
Apong
Loafer

Postby Aspellian » Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 am

Maybe you are the one who sold the "mother shares" to me?
One investor think its a "treasure", while the other think its a "junk".
Stock market is so interesting. :lol:

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Apong » Mon May 26, 2008 11:49 am

haha, I sold at 0.25 just after XR (on 2/8/07 -- long time ago)-- can't be selling to you... :P
Lai liao... lai liao...
Apong
Loafer

Postby cif5000 » Mon May 26, 2008 1:46 pm

I was interested in Asiatic quite some time ago, for their fire business. They just come and look at the fire extiguishers, put up stickers...very recurring profit.

Since it got into the powerplant thing, I stepped back.
cif5000
Foreman

Postby fclim » Mon May 26, 2008 10:10 pm

hi all,

I had been 'stalking' this one since some time ago...
And I was too greedy during the rights dividend and held on to it...
At one point, my 'silly investment' was -ve > 60%... loss in paper value lar...
Hopefully, the re-valuation will take place and I wun feel the pinch so much... :)

for some history, look here:
http://tinyurl.com/28ngzd

have fun,
fc
fclim
Loafer

Next

Return to A to B