ARA Asset Management 02 (Oct 10 - Dec 23)

Re: ARA Asset Management 02 (Oct 10 - Dec 11)

Postby Musicwhiz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:14 pm

momoeagle wrote:MW, must thanks you for this comment. I made up my mind to buy at 1.05 after reading it.
I hope i can buy a 5- room hdb at 45K one day.
:lol:

Hi Momo,

You're most welcome. Having the fortitude and confidence to purchase when the world is crashing around you is, admittedly, not easy. Kudos to you!

As for your second point, I doubt that day will come soon. :P
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby tonylim » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 am

CEO, John Lim increased another 500 lots at 1.15.
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby iam802 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 am

RMB based IPO?
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:06 pm

not vested

Consortium Considers $1 Billion Buyout of Singapore Property Manager

Group of investors includes ARA Asset Management’s founder, Warburg Pincus

A consortium of investors including the company’s founder and U.S. private-equity firm Warburg Pincus LLC is considering a buyout offer for Singapore-listed real-estate fund manager ARA Asset Management Ltd., according to people familiar with the situation.

ARA Asset Management, which currently has a market capitalization of 1.4 billion Singapore dollars (US$1 billion), manages property assets valued at S$30 billion. It has properties across Asia including shopping malls, offices and logistics facilities held through real-estate investment trusts and private funds.

The buyout consortium will be led by ARA’s founder, John Lim, and includes other existing shareholders whose total holdings represent a combined 47% of the shares outstanding, the people familiar with the situation said.

ARA called for trading in its shares to be halted pending an announcement Thursday, after the Singapore Exchange asked the company about unusual trading activity in its shares.

The stock had risen 6% Thursday to S$1.495 from Wednesday’s close of S$1.410 before the company called for a trading halt.

Mr. Lim owns a 19% stake in ARA, while Straits Trading Co.—a resources and property firm—owns a 20.1% stake. Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka-shing’s Cheung Kong Property Holdings Ltd. owns a 7.84% stake.

Mr. Lim declined to comment. Straits Trading and Cheung Kong didn’t reply to emails seeking comment. A Warburg Pincus spokeswoman declined to comment.

According to Singapore takeover rules, if an investor takes a stake of 30% or more in a publicly traded company, the buyer needs to make an offer for the entire firm.

The buyout plan, if successful, would be the latest in a series of billion-dollar deals in which listed Singapore companies have been either taken private by the majority shareholders or foreign firms.

Earlier this year, French shipper CMA CGM SA took Singapore based Neptune Orient Lines private in a US$2.4 billion deal. In July, state-investment firm Temasek Holdings Ltd. made an offer to buy shares of Singapore rail and bus operator SMRT Ltd. that it didn’t already own. The deal valued the transport operator at US$1.9 billion.

ARA, which was founded in 2002 with the backing of Mr. Li, one of Asia’s richest tycoons, manages eight real-estate investment trusts including Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust in Singapore and Hui Xian REIT in Hong Kong.

Source: WSJ

http://www.wsj.com/articles/consortium- ... 1478235977
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: ARA Asset Management 02 (Oct 10 - Dec 16)

Postby behappyalways » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:33 pm

ARA Asset Management and Chelsfield Asia JV acquires Manulife Centre for $555.5 mil
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/ara-as ... ife-centre
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Re: ARA Asset Management 02 (Oct 10 - Dec 19)

Postby behappyalways » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:22 pm

ARA Asset Mgmt acquires Seoul Square with reported $1.2 bil price tag
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/ara-as ... -price-tag
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Re: ARA Asset Management 02 (Oct 10 - Dec 19)

Postby behappyalways » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:19 pm

ARA makes partial offer for Cromwell Property Group
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/capita ... erty-group
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Previous

Return to A to B