Life 31 (Oct 18 - Jan 19)

Re: Life 30 (Jun 18 - Nov 18)

Postby winston » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Who should we remember with gratitude and adore?

Everyone must consider it their foremost duty today, to revere one’s own mother as divine?
and serve her, regardless of country or circumstance.

If you cannot respect and serve your mother who bore you for nine months, brought you into the world and reared you over the years, who else are you likely to respect?

Maternal love is akin to that of the Creator who protects this infinite cosmos in countless ways.

One must remember that reverence to one's own mother is one's paramount duty. If one's mother is unhappy, all the expenditure one incurs and all the worship one offers in the name of the Divine will yield no fruit.

- Divine Discourse, Oct 14, 1988.

Reciprocate to your mother the same love and spirit of sacrifice with which she raised you.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 am

Authority corrupts both leader and follower

Self-awareness is arduous, and since most of us prefer an easy, illusory way, we bring into being the authority that gives shape and pattern to our life.

This authority may be the collective, the State; or it may be the personal, the Master, the savior, the guru.

Authority of any kind is blinding, it breeds thoughtlessness; and as most of us find that to be thoughtful is to have pain, we give ourselves over to authority.

Authority engenders power, and power always becomes centralized and therefore utterly corrupting; it corrupts not only the wielder of power, but also him who follows it.

The authority of knowledge and experience is perverting, whether it be vested in the Master, his representative or the priest.

It is your own life, this seemingly endless conflict, that is significant, and not the pattern or the leader.

The authority of the Master and the priest takes you away from the central issue, which is the conflict within yourself.

The Book of Life, January 21, Harper San Francisco, 1995

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 am

Authority corrupts both leader and follower

Self-awareness is arduous, and since most of us prefer an easy, illusory way, we bring into being the authority that gives shape and pattern to our life.

This authority may be the collective, the State; or it may be the personal, the Master, the savior, the guru.

Authority of any kind is blinding, it breeds thoughtlessness; and as most of us find that to be thoughtful is to have pain, we give ourselves over to authority.

Authority engenders power, and power always becomes centralized and therefore utterly corrupting; it corrupts not only the wielder of power, but also him who follows it.

The authority of knowledge and experience is perverting, whether it be vested in the Master, his representative or the priest.

It is your own life, this seemingly endless conflict, that is significant, and not the pattern or the leader.

The authority of the Master and the priest takes you away from the central issue, which is the conflict within yourself.

The Book of Life, January 21, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:48 am

Why is it wrong to consider ourselves to be limited and weak?

In the Scriptures' "That Thou Art", "That" denotes that which is outside and "Thou" stands for innate Divinity. It means that the same Divinity is present within and without.

That all pervasive Divine is present within and without. That which is seen, heard and experienced outside is nothing but the reflection, resound and reaction of the inner being.

When reality is within, why crave for its reflection outside? It is sheer madness.

Man is the embodiment of time. Man is the master of time. In order to understand one’s reality, one has to control the mind. Hence, it is said, master the mind and be a mastermind.

The five elements that are seen outside are present in you. You are the master of the five elements. You should master the mind; do not become a slave to it.

- Divine Discourse, Oct 9, 2001.

Strive to secure Divine grace, do not strive to secure any lesser fruit.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 am

Become deeply aware

Dependence sets going the movement of aloofness and attachment, a constant conflict without comprehension, without a release.

You must become aware of the process of attachment and dependence, become aware of it without condemnation, without judgment, and then you will perceive the significance of this conflict of opposites.

If you become deeply aware and consciously direct thought to comprehend the full meaning of need, of dependence, your conscious mind will be open and clear about it; and then the subconscious with its hidden motives, pursuits and intentions, will project itself into the conscious.

When this happens, you must study and understand each intimation of the subconscious. If you do this many times, becoming aware of the projections of the subconscious after the conscious has thought out the problem as clearly as possible, then, even though you give your attention to other matters, the conscious and the subconscious will work out the problem of dependence, or any other problem.

Thus, there is established a constant awareness which will patiently and gently bring about integration; and if your health and diet are all right, this will in turn bring about fullness of being.

The Book of Life, March 4, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:00 am

Become deeply aware

Dependence sets going the movement of aloofness and attachment, a constant conflict without comprehension, without a release.

You must become aware of the process of attachment and dependence, become aware of it without condemnation, without judgment, and then you will perceive the significance of this conflict of opposites.

If you become deeply aware and consciously direct thought to comprehend the full meaning of need, of dependence, your conscious mind will be open and clear about it; and then the subconscious with its hidden motives, pursuits and intentions, will project itself into the conscious.

When this happens, you must study and understand each intimation of the subconscious. If you do this many times, becoming aware of the projections of the subconscious after the conscious has thought out the problem as clearly as possible, then, even though you give your attention to other matters, the conscious and the subconscious will work out the problem of dependence, or any other problem.

Thus, there is established a constant awareness which will patiently and gently bring about integration; and if your health and diet are all right, this will in turn bring about fullness of being.

The Book of Life, March 4, Harper San Francisco, 1995

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am

Control Your Ten Senses

We should not under any circumstance associate ourselves with demons. Your thoughts, words and actions must be pure, worthy of being human and not demoniac.

Avoid bad company and always be in good company. Do not develop hatred towards anyone. Whomever you come across, consider them as embodiments of Divinity and salute them.

Always speak truth, observe righteousness (Dharma). Be peaceful. Be happy and blissful.

You should conduct yourself with love in society. Be suffused with love. Distribute that love to one and all.

Do not hate anyone. Have no selfishness at all. Your love should be selfless love. Love is your property.

You all are heirs to that property. Love is Divine, Divine is Love. Hence, live in love.

- Divine Discourse, Sep 27, 2006.

Surrendering the fruit of action to the Divine is real sacrifice.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:31 am

What should we pray for?

When you pray, always concentrate on the everlasting fruit - the universal, the spiritual.

Do not pray for small mundane desires; direct your mind to follow the guidelines taught by the Divine to re-establish righteousness (dharma) in the Universe.

- Divine Discourse, Oct 4, 1962.

Desire destroys devotion, anger destroys wisdom, greed destroys work – hence sacrifice these bad qualities.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 am

Fear is non-acceptance of what is

Fear finds various escapes. The common variety is identification, is it not?—identification with country, with society, with an idea.

Haven’t you noticed how you respond when you see a procession, a military procession or a religious procession, or when the country is in danger of being invaded? You then identify yourself with the country, with a being, with an ideology.

There are other times when you identify yourself with your child, with your wife, with a particular form of action, or inaction.

Identification is a process of self-forgetfulness. So long as I am conscious of the “me” I know there is pain, there is struggle, there is constant fear. But if I can identify myself with something greater, with something worthwhile, with beauty, with life, with truth, with belief, with knowledge, at least temporarily, there is an escape from the “me,” is there not?

If I talk about “my country” I forget myself temporarily, do I not? If I can say something about God, I forget myself. If I can identify myself with my family, with a group, with a particular party, with a certain ideology, then there is a temporary escape.

Do we now know what fear is? Is it not the non-acceptance of what is? We must understand the word acceptance. I am not using that word as meaning the effort made to accept.

There is no question of accepting when I perceive what is. When I do not see clearly what is, then I bring in the process of acceptance. Therefore fear is the non-acceptance of what is.

The Book of Life, March 28, Harper San Francisco, 1995

Source: Jkrishnamurthi.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am

Spiritual progress is right living, good conduct and moral behaviour.

- Baba
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives