Names

Re: Names

Postby winston » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:01 am

Names

The manager of a large office asked a new employee to come into his office.

"What is your name?," was the first thing the manager asked.

"John," the new guy replied.

The manager scowled. "Look, I don't know what kind of a namby-pamby place you worked at before, but I don't call anyone by their first name!

It breeds familiarity and that leads to a breakdown in authority," he said.

"I refer to my employees by their last name only - Smith, Jones, Baker - that's all.

Now that we got that straight, what is your last name?"

The new guy sighed and said, "Darling. My name is John Darling."

The manager said, "Okay, John, the next thing I want to tell you..."
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:03 pm

An Easy Name Makes Life Easier

A study by professors at the University of Melbourne and New York University revealed that people with simple, easy-to-pronounce names were more likely to be favored for a promotion at work.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/ChangeYourName.htm
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:20 am

call me :

Loh Len Zo

Lor Bird

Cha Li

Fon Sua
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri May 25, 2012 6:45 am

Names

A pregnant woman gets into a car accident and falls into a deep coma.

Asleep for nearly six months, she wakes up and sees that she is no longer pregnant. Frantically, she asks the doctor about her baby.

The doctor replies, "Ma'am, you had twins! A boy and a girl. The babies are fine. Your brother came in and named them."

The woman thinks to herself, "Oh no, not my brother -- he's an idiot!" Expecting the worst, she asks the doctor, "Well, what's the girl's name?"

"Denise," the doctor says.

The new mother thinks, "Wow, that's not a bad name! Guess I was wrong about my brother. I like Denise!" Then she asks the doctor, "What's the boy's name?"

The doctor replies, DeNephew.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:02 am

Change Your Name to Change Your Luck?
By James Hookway and Wilawan Watcharasakwet

Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt once predicted that in the future people around the world will change their names to escape all the embarrassing things they did online in the past. In Thailand, people already are doing it—for good luck.

Baramee Thammabandan, 46 years old, had a run of misfortune a decade ago when he was still known as Teerapol Lilitjirawat. His business trading garments in Bangkok's mazelike markets slumped, his eyesight began to fail and he could no longer properly manage his affairs. Worse, he says his former wife left him.

So, Mr. Baramee did what many Thais do when faced with a patch of bad luck: He changed his name. "I wanted to become a new person," says the slim, clean-shaven Mr. Baramee, whose new name means "Charisma" and which he chose to bring him wealth and fame.

It seems to have worked.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/NameLuck.htm
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed May 01, 2013 5:24 pm

'4Real'?, New Zealand reveals banned baby names

New Zealand officials released a list of baby names put forward by parents that were rejected because they were too bizarre or offensive, including "Lucifer" and "Mafia No Fear".

http://www.france24.com/en/20130501-4re ... baby-names
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat May 11, 2013 6:46 am

Sophia top baby name for U.S. girls; Messiah and King on the rise for boys

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Sophia tops the list of names for American baby girls for the second year in a row, while King and Messiah are becoming increasingly popular names for boys, the U.S. Social Security Administration said on Thursday.

Source: Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... EnoughNews
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 am

[b]What’s in a Name? What is our true name? [/b

Bodies are different and names are different, but the indweller or the Self that is present in everyone is one and the same.

When you want to call someone, you call him or her by their name. Each one of you has an unique name only for identity purposes; it should not be considered more significant than that.

From the scriptures, it was stated that you are the embodiment of the Lord. Do not limit yourself as a mere human being.

Let anyone call you by any name. The real truth is, the Self-same Lord is present in you and in everyone. The Divine dwells everywhere and in everyone.

Hence remember! You do not merely represent the name that you are given, but are truly Divine -

“I am I” is your real name! The divine dwells in all of you. Hence practice the principle, “All are One, Be alike to everyone.”

- Divine Discourse, June 7, 2007.

Be humble, be calm, be tolerant. Co-operate with all and treat everyone with courtesy and kindness.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Boredom Strikes! 07 (Oct 20 - Dec 23)

Postby behappyalways » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:54 pm

Nearly 10,000 People Offer To Legally Change Name To 'Subway' In Bid For Free Sandwiches For Life
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/nearl ... iches-life
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:43 pm

by behappyalways

Marriage must have the same surname!
In 500 years, all Japanese people will be surnamed "Sato"?!
The Japanese surname "Sato" has the largest population, and the husband's surname may take over other surnames

婚後需"同姓"! 500年後日本全民姓"佐藤"?! 日本姓"佐藤"人口最多 從夫姓恐併吞其他姓氏│記者 魏仁君│【國際大現場】20240402│三立新聞台

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=209DCcUXXIY
winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous