Please do introduce yourself here !

Re: Please do introduce yourself here !

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Mark :D
A warm welcome to the forum. Revaluing the portfolio by marking it to market value is what fund managers do so as to determine the AUM value for management fee computation :lol: As the values are unrealized ones, they are just happy slaps on the back for the portfolio owner. But the practice is useful for Y-to-Y comparison and performance evaluation.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Lokoscimi :D ,welcome to the community here.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby Muhajir » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:12 am

My bad! I just saw this thread!

Hi everyone,

My name is Ali, from the Maldive Islands. I have invested in HK Market in 2005 but wasn't active till 2010 when I had more free time to become a somewhat small time investor when compared to you guys. And as I grow older I plan to spend more time trading.
I have been browsing the forum for sometime, but had to register when I could not read some threads. LOL

If you guys want anymore info or got any questions for me please feel free to ask. :)

Thank you for reading.

Best wishes to every one!

Ali
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 am

welcome Ali.... are the 40 thieves with you on your entourage of the world :lol: joking...

do tell us more about Maldives

see more of your posts soon
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Ali :D
A very warm welcome to our forum :D
I am curious as to how U've come to know this forum. Could U share this with us?
Wishing you many good returns from investing.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby tonylim » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:45 am

Hi Ali,
Warm welcome. Look forward to reading more of your posts.
All the best.
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Muhajir » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:08 am

kennynah wrote:welcome Ali.... are the 40 thieves with you on your entourage of the world :lol: joking...

do tell us more about Maldives

see more of your posts soon

Hi Kenny!

First I am sorry I took sometime to reply here, I had to attend to many unforeseen things that came my way. :|

What do you want to know about my country?? Its got top notch resorts that cost a bomb, and very beautiful islands and many excellent dive sites.
If you want to know anything specific I am just a pm away.

Thanks for the generous welcome!

LenaHuat wrote:Hi Ali :D
A very warm welcome to our forum :D
I am curious as to how U've come to know this forum. Could U share this with us?
Wishing you many good returns from investing.

Hi Lena

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have observed some of your posts and let me say your opinions are always very well thought out and you make good judgements.
I came to this forum in my search for english sites/forums covering hong kong stocks. And I snooped around for a while till I found it impossible to check the stocks news till I registered. LOL :P
Thank you once again.

tonylim wrote:Hi Ali,
Warm welcome. Look forward to reading more of your posts.
All the best.

Thank you Tony!
LOL I hope I dont dissapoint you guys with my posts here! :)

Thank you all.

If any of you guys want to know anything about Maldives I am just a pm away!

Take Care and Best wishes
Ali the Maldivian
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi Maple Free :D
It has been a very very long time since we last heard from you. Thank QQ for your $$ contribution. What about creating some 'buzz' here :lol:
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby londonhearts » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker here and finally decided that it was time to start contributing (in whatever small way) I could to this community.

Quick introduction on my background: I have been following the markets for just over 2 years now and actively trading various things through CFDs for about a year now.

Started out with stocks and devoured the many insightful postings from the gurus here at InvestIdeas (formerly huatopedia I think?), but found I could not keep up with the extensive time and research needed to identify good stock opportunities.

About a year ago, I took to forex, stock indices, and commodities, as these seemed to be more amenable to chart studies and I could keep up more easily through reading about the macro situation.

I began to take trading more seriously as an endeavour after reading about Peter Brandt (http://www.peterlbrandt.com) and his method of trade determination + risk management.

While not exactly a famous name like George Soros or John Paulson, he claims to have a annual return of over 40% over the course his trading career, which is no mean feat.

My trade entry, stop, position sizing, and target are based on his methods. Seeing as he hasn't been mentioned in this forum (yet :D ), I thought it might be a good idea to share this with the folks here.

Look forward to learning from all of you, and I will try to post my trade ideas here from time to time.
londonhearts
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:24 pm

WELCOME Londonhearts :)

Wishing you every success in your investing journey.. take care.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives