Please do introduce yourself here !

Re: Please do introduce yourself here !

Postby kampungboy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 am

Hi been around this forum for quite a while but never posted. hope to learn from all the TA & FA gurus and "HUAT"!

~Kampungboy (a family man who is thinking of early retirement)
kampungboy
Loafer

Postby iam802 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:49 am

Hi kampungboy,

Welcome. I hope to see more of your postings and learn from you.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello kpboy :)

Welcome n the very best to your early retirement plans ...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Welcome, kampungboy :D
Pl do post your thoughts. It's been getting lonely here with only the regulars posting on a daily basis.
No1 will hammer you :lol: Wonder why you had spelt yr name with a 'u' rather than an 'o' :?:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kampungboy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome! don't think I dare to express my novice POV on TA and FA to all the gurus here. more of learning from the gurus here. maybe I will contribute to non-investment ideas. the most common spelling for town in Malay is "kampung" rather than the "kampOng" commonly use here. btw, "boy" is rather misleading since my hair is greying and thinning everyday :-) but, kampungman just sound wierd... :D
kampungboy
Loafer

Postby mark8mah » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Everyone - Greetings of the season :)

My name is Mark. I have been a loafer in this forum.

I shall retire pretty soon - has been increasing my investments in stocks & shares this year.

Forum members posts have been very helpful. I want to say thank you to all.

I have a question to ask - I have never revalued my portfolio at the EOY. Is it a good practice to close my Portfolio at 31/12/2010 & carry on new balance to 1/1/2011?

Thank you.
mark8mah
Loafer

Postby winston » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Mark,

I guess it depends on the individual.

Some people do like to keep score of their performance annually, while others are happy if they think that they have done their best on any trade without taking score.

Personally, I keep score whenever I close a trade. And once in a while, I try to look at those trades and do an After Action Review.

Take care,
Winston

P/S And thanks for the kind donation for the forum :)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby mark8mah » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Winston
Thank you. May I ask, how do you do your After Action Review?
Let's say, I bought HL Asia mid year at $4.20. Now the price is $3.06 ;)
HL Asia has much exposure in China investments. It has substantial
building materials business in Singapore.
What would be your take if you conduct an After Action Review?
Much appreciated.
mark8mah
Loafer

Postby winston » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Mark,

I have replied you in the "Hong Leong Asia" thread, in case others may also have some comments on the company.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:50 am

mark8mah wrote:Hi Everyone - Greetings of the season :)

My name is Mark. I have been a loafer in this forum.

I shall retire pretty soon - has been increasing my investments in stocks & shares this year.

Forum members posts have been very helpful. I want to say thank you to all.

I have a question to ask - I have never revalued my portfolio at the EOY. Is it a good practice to close my Portfolio at 31/12/2010 & carry on new balance to 1/1/2011?

Thank you.

hi mark..and welcome to this forum..

i think we all get too sucked into the concept of annual returns...perhaps from too much investment house mentality... they have to account to their investors and annualizing the figures will give an idea of performance, also for their personal bonuses as well..

but for me...a small little investor/trader.... as long as i have a mental check on my account balance...i think it is more important to be aware if i'm making or losing money..., whether it be in a week, month or year, ie. the accounting period doesn't matter too much to me..

cheers
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives