Ancient Chinese History

Re: Ancient Chinese History

Postby iam802 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:39 pm

modern management theory:

"The ongoing integration of the global economy will lead to an inevitable undermining of the nation state in favor of the region. This is anathema to those who believe that a big, centralized state is the only way to run a territory. In "The Next Global Stage," Kenichi Ohmae argues that nation states are declining because their fixation on borders is not in line with today's transnational world."
-- By Kenichi Ohmae

=====
[Slightly off-topic]

Sometimes, I see this theory as it does not matter where you are born. Our country is borderless. We are transnational....so all foreign talents are welcome. And in a way, it is true. I could not guarantee that my girl will stay and work in Singapore when she grows up. 'Cos, she could be mobile and move around a lot.

And even our dear Winston here, despite being on this forum so frequent, he moves around a lot.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:42 pm

thanks GR....this one....laminate....

and if it is not too much to ask....if u have the dates of each of these periods.... enter here can? thanks.

grandrake wrote:夏商周 : first 3 dynasties (very colourful mythical stories here; 封神榜 is a novel that describes the transition from the 商 to 周 dynasty

春秋战国 : warring states period (lots of very nice 成语 stories come from this period; as a kid, I loved reading a couple of books that told these stories)

秦汉 : Ch'in & Han dynasties, China united

三国晋统一 : 3 Kingdoms period, reunited under 晋; ironically reunification wasn't by any of the 3 main families (刘, 孙, 曹); well, technically speaking, they were reunited under Cao's armies but the eventual ruler was from the Sima family - the Cao's forced the Han emperor to abdicate, the Sima's eventually returned the favour and seized the throne from the Cao's (karma is a nasty thing)

南朝北朝: more luan periods, I don't know too much about these (http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/12132182.html?fr=qrl3)

隋唐: Sui and Tang dynasties

五代又十国: more luan periods, I don't know too much about these (http://baike.baidu.com/view/22638.htm)

宋元明清: 4 dynasties; 2 of which (元 & 清) are under non-Han descendants

帝王休: end of monarchy system; the republic is born
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm very poor with dates and memorizing them, so I don't know how good this table is (lazy to cross check with other sites), but try this:

http://www.greatchinese.com/emperors/table.htm
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:17 pm

thank you ,,,,many aligatoes to you.... i;ve always wanted to know the "2-mins" history of chinese empires...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby RidingOnTop » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:00 pm

“人法地,地法天,天法道,道法自然”。申不害认为,自然运行是有规律的,也是不可抗拒的。他认为宇宙间的本质是“静”,其运动规律是“常”。他要求对待一切事情应以“静”为原则

from http://baike.baidu.com/view/77856.htm?func=retitle

Interesting! It's just like the early philosophers' debate if the universe is essentially changing or unchanging. If they had internet then.. they may had started a forum! :D
RidingOnTop
Loafer

Postby surfer_z » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am

Besides students flocking to temple to pray during Confucius Birthday hoping to score As in their exams. Maybe the milk producers/businessman from China can take this opportunity to pray to Confucius on the enlightenment of "仁".
surfer_z
Loafer

Postby iam802 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 am

Yes, interesting enough.

We dedicate so much to studies in our early years...and yet throughout the entire life, I wonder how much is dedicated to 'ren'?

Having said that, I saw on the news a couple of days back.... that one of the Chinese temple is having some ceremony for 'Confusius'.

I have no idea which temple or when it will be conducted.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:01 pm

anyone knows how to trace one's roots back to china ?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby behappyalways » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 pm

If you like Chinese History, the below is a good TV series. It is about the Warring States Period in which Shang Yang did a dramatic legal and cultural changes to the Qin state which resulted in Qin emerging as the strongest state. If I remember correctly, altogether there are 51 epsiodes. Quite a good show.

http://blog.wenxuecity.com/blogview.php ... ostID=9394

http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=%B4%F ... DB%B9%FA25
血要热 头脑要冷 骨头要硬
behappyalways
Millionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:32 pm

Welcome behappyalways !

May your stay here be a happy, profitable and enjoyable one !

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous