Career 03 (Apr 12 - Jul 19)

Career 03 (Apr 12 - Jul 19)

Postby winston » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:33 am

This is the 2nd time this week that I'm reading about 3D Printers ...

The Coming Wave of Black Collar Workers by Joshua M Brown

When you get a chance, I want you to read this excellent essay about the future of America's workforce from economist Philip Auerswald over at GOOD. There are so many important insights in it you won't want to miss it.

Of note, this bit about how the next wave of rank-n-file workers in the New Economy will be anything but rank-n-file...

Precisely what talents are missing in the labor force why are they important, and why are they suddenly in short supply? Are employers looking for blue-collar workers, or white-collar workers? Neither. Lacking any other term (and inspired Steve Jobs' black turtleneck) I'm going to call them black-collar workers.

Black-collar workers are the factory workers of the present day. They're wearing spotless lab-coats, not grimy overalls. Instead of leaning over an assembly line, they are programming multi-million dollar manufacturing machines.

Black collar workers are also leading the farm-to-table movement that is transforming how people in the US and around the world produce, prepare, and consume their food.

These are not yokels selling heads of cabbage by the side of the road; these Pinot-sipping pioneers of the plow are savvy businesspeople, PhD scientists, and downtown restaurateurs.

Black-collar workers are easy to find. They crowd coffee houses with their laptops. They create prototypes of their inventions on 3-D printers at San Francisco's TechShop, raise money for their projects on Kickstarter, and share their creations at Maker Faire events around the country. They are the work force of the future, powering change in the present.

Black-collar workers are after purpose, not pensions. They're not seeking lifetime employment; they're seeking lifetime learning. They don’t have secretaries or bosses; they have teammates.

They don’t punch in at 9, and they don’t time out at 5. They connect, create, contribute, and collaborate whenever and wherever it makes sense. They try to minimize their spending in order to maximize their flexibility.

Great stuff. This is what you want to get your mind ready for.

http://www.thereformedbroker.com/2012/0 ... r-workers/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Career 02 (Apr 10 - Mar 12)

Postby winston » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:05 am

Will you gibve out your Facebook password, to an interviewer ?

Employers requesting Facebook password violates privacy: Experts

Employers' request akin to questions on age or ethnicity

By Sheila Dabu Nonato

Job seeker Rob MacLeod says he was "taken aback" when an interviewer asked for his Facebook login and password so he could screen MacLeod's photos as part of the job interview.

But privacy experts say asking for social media passwords is crossing the line of "reasonable" employment criteria, akin to asking out-of-bounds questions on age or ethnicity.

MacLeod said he questioned why this was necessary.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/E ... story.html
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:33 am

Engineer vs Management

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted,” Excuse me, can you help? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the woman. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of you, and the fact is I am still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help so far."

The woman below responded, "You must be in management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air.

You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault!"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 am

The Happiest Jobs In America

When you think of a cheerful job, you probably don’t think of loan officer, warehouse manager, or accountant. But it turns out these are some of the happiest careers in America, according to online jobs site Careerbliss.com.

CareerBliss compiled a list of the 20 happiest jobs based on analysis from more than 100,400 employee-generated reviews between February 2011 and January 2012.

Employees were asked to rate 10 factors that affect workplace happiness, including one’s relationship with the boss and co-workers, work environment, job resources, compensation, growth opportunities, company culture, company reputation, daily tasks, and control over the work one does on a daily basis.

http://www.yolohub.com/economy/how-to-f ... our-career
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 am

Creating the Ultimate Resume – 34 Epic Tips by Ryan Guina

One of the most difficult things to do when creating a resume is condensing a career’s worth of experience down to one or two pages.

This becomes increasingly difficult the longer you have been in the work force. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

The key is knowing which information to include, how to format your resume, and how to set yourself apart from the crowd.

After all, the purpose of a resume isn’t to get you a job, it’s to secure an interview.

These tips will help you write a resume that will showcase your skills, abilities, and accomplishments – whether you have a few years or a few decades of work experience.

These tips will help your resume get noticed, and hopefully get you on the short list for a face to face or phone interview.

http://cashmoneylife.com/how-to-write-a-resume/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:29 pm

now, in the CV, you just need to give one important info :

Singaporean

or

Foreigner
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Career 02 (Apr 10 - Apr 12)

Postby winston » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 pm

"What holds so many employees back is an unwillingness to pay the price, to make the effort to sacrifice their ease and comfort."

-- Orison Marden
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 pm

A very good career choice would be to gravitate toward those activities and to embrace those desires that harmonize with your core intentions, which are freedom and growth—and joy.

Make a "career" of living a happy life rather than trying to find work that will produce enough income that you can do things with your money that will then make you happy.

When feeling happy is of paramount importance to you—and what you do "for a living" makes you happy—you have found the best of all combinations.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the book "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth and Happiness" # 422

www.abraham-hicks.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri May 11, 2012 7:50 pm

How to Find Your True Calling By Brian Tracy

Your success in life will be largely determined by your ability to find your true calling, the right work for you to do, and then putting your whole heart into doing it very well.

The happiest people are those who have carefully thought through who they are, what they want, where they are going, and then decided exactly what they need to do to get to their goal.

Asking yourself five targeted questions can help you home in on whatever path is right for you.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri May 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Continue ...

#1: What do I do easily and well?

When you are seeking your true calling, you must look at the activities that have always been easy for you but which have been difficult for others.

Often, you will get comments and compliments on how well you do a particular task. You will be surprised when you hear those remarks, because you never even thought about it that much. It just seemed natural for you from the very beginning.

My daughter is a natural and spontaneous little actress. From the time she was three or four years old, she has memorized lines and acted in every school play and function that has ever come up.

In fact, by the time she was six, she was memorizing every line in the school play, not only her own but the lines of every other child. When the other children forgot their lines, Christina would whisper them and keep the play on track.

When Christina was 11 years old, she appeared at a city council meeting and gave a speech in favor of a permit allowing her school to expand.

She stood up at the meeting, on a chair, in front of 150 adults, and gave an impassioned little talk. As a result, the permit was granted – and Christina was on the front page of two newspapers the following day.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives