Beware & Protect Yourself 03 (Sep 10 - Dec 14)

Beware & Protect Yourself 03 (Sep 10 - Dec 14)

Postby winston » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Just got this email ...

PUSH-POCKET IN KUALA LUMPUR

I am sure you all have heard of 'pick pocket'. A new trend 'push pocket'.

A few days ago a new type of crime has surfaced in town. It goes something like this:-
Somebody slips a hand-phone into your pocket, sometimes it could be just a wallet with
an identity card and a few ringgit.

A few minutes later, the 'owner' comes up and confronts you, the 'thief '. He makes a big commotion that you stole his stuff.

You, caught unaware, are then pulled aside by the 'owner' for a settlement. You are intimidated and threatened that if you do not pay up the police will be brought in.
If you pay up, this 'owner' lets you go.. If not, the police are brought in.

Another strange thing is that there always seems to be a 'witness' to your 'theft'.

I am told this often happens to foreigners at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
or even at LRT trains. Given that you're 'guilty until proven innocent' as far as the Malaysian police are concerned, I understand some poor people are in jail for these 'offences'.

At the KLIA, the 'owner' throws his hand-phone and wallet with the few ringgit notes into the luggage trolley of a just arrived passenger. The drama unfolds a few minutes later. The real culprit has easily convinced our Malaysian police to arrest the real victim (if he has not paid up the 'settlement' demand).

This is another form of extortionists operating in broad daylight. They are disgusting criminals who will do anything to rob and steal. The sickening part of the whole scenario is that unless you pay the 'quoted settlement' money, they will put you in real trouble by calling the police..

The real culprit gets back his hand-phone and wallet but the real victim ( i.e. could be any one of us) is thrown into the police lock up and charged in court.

So do be very careful,otherwise you may end up as a 'thief' as you have no way to prove your innocence..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Beware & Protect Yourself 3 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby kennynah » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 pm

m'sia BOLEH :mrgreen:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Beware & Protect Yourself 03 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby winston » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:33 am

Today I nearly got conned.

Yesterday, I received a call and the guy asked me to guess who it is. He sounded like my friend, Dennis. So I said, is that "Dennis" ? He said "yes".

He then told me that he has changed his mobile and to save the new mobile number.

He then said he want to have coffee with me today. I said ok.

This morning, he called me and told me that he was arrested last night and wanted me to transfer some money to bail him out. I nearly transferred the money to him.

Somehow a sixth sense says to check it out. I called another friend in the same office as Dennis and he said that "Dennis" is actually at work. I then called the real "Dennis" and he did not call me yesterday.

The hole in the story:-
He had a mobile with him and he was calling me from jail with a mobile
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 am

And next time, if someone ask me to guess who he is, I will asked him whether he's "winston" .... ;)

A very good lesson for me today. Dont assume that the person on the other side is who you think he is.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Do people call up to let you know about their new numbers?

Only close friends will update me using their old phone number first, or emails or (whatever messenger). Others...they just drift and if we ever cross path again, we update each other.

I have yet to receive a personal call. Must be a generation gap thingy :lol:
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:11 pm

No, he did not call me up to give me his new mobile number.

He called me up to arrange a time to have coffee with me.

And by the way, he happened to change his mobile and he asked me to save this new mobile number.

Very smooth guy and I thought that I'm very seasoned :( ...
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Blessing lar.

You help old lady find glasses...and now you never kena con.

Go out and play golf

iam802
Big Boss

Boredom Strikes 04 (Sep 10 - Dec 10)

Postby kennynah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:57 pm

received this email..... :lol: :lol:

THE PEPSI COMPANY
PROMOTION / PRIZES
AWARD, 101 CHURCHIL
PLACE,STAMFORD BRIDGE
LONDON SW1V 3DW.
UNITED KINGDOM.
PHONE:+447010045929
(Contact Events Manager)
DR DENNIS ANDERSON Via E-mail:([email protected])

YOU HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED AS ONE OF THE 12 TOP LUCKY WINNERS
This is to inform you that your E-mail address is one of our 12 top Beneficiary for the award of £750,000.00(Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds) each on the Pepsi Bottling Company promotion award. For the last Quarter of 2010.
Your e-mail was attached to Lotto Number.[ 201077-754-3465-P8 ] No ticket was sold,it was a world wide computer randomly generated emails done quarterly as part of our financial empowerment program of the Pepsi Cola Development Company in it's struggle to alleviate poverty and promote our products above other bottling companies worldwide.
TO CLAIM YOUR WINNING PRIZE OF £750,000.00.FILL THE FORM BELOW AND SEND TO THIS EMAIL:([email protected])

Ref Number: ...........XYL /26510460037/05
Batch Number: ................24/00319/IPD
Winning Number:.......................YM/09788

However you will have to fill and forward it back to us
1.Full name..............
2.Contact Address........
3.Age....................
4.Telephone Number.......
5.Marital Status.........
6.Sex....................
7.Occupation.............
8.State:.................
9.Country................
10.Amount Won........

Congratulations from all members and staff of Pepsi Cola Bottling lottery board.

Yours faithfully,
Mrs Caroline Martins. Online coordinator(Sweepstakes International Program).
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Cool. Congrats! :lol: :lol: :lol:

iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 am

Huge recall of cough syrups
Thursday, November 04, 2010

A massive recall of two Hong Kong- made cough syrups is under way after glass fragments were found in a bottle.

Some 200,000 bottles of Madame Pearl's Cough Syrup N10 (Caramel Flavour) and Madame Pearl's Cough Syrup N10 - both sold over the counter - are being traced.

After launching an investigation earlier, officials at the Department of Health said last night that manufacturer Karen Laboratories initiated the recall after receiving a complaint on Monday.

The complainant said the glass was in a bottle of the caramel-flavored syrup.

No similar reports had been received up to last night.

Madame Pearl's brands are owned and operated by Wai Yuen Tong Medicine Holdings.

The two labels are new to the market, having been first registered in February. They have been supplied to local pharmacies and medicine shops, and there have been shipments to Macau.

Investigators are still trying to find how the fragments got into the bottle, but are taking a broad approach to the challenge.

It could have happened anywhere along the production-distribution-retail- user chain, a Department of Health spokesman said.

The distributor of the two syrups, Luxembourg Medicine, said those who have bought either mixture should return them promptly. Anyone with questions can turn to its hotline (3526-6666).

Those with concerns should consult medical professionals, the Department of Health said.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_deta ... 01104&fc=7
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives