Fishes 02 (Jan 10 - Dec 15)

Fishes 02 (Jan 10 - Dec 15)

Postby winston » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:34 am

What a nice way to start the New Year !

It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Fishes 2 (Jan 10 - Mar 10)

Postby winston » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Mandarin Fish:-

It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Ytd, I purchased 2 lionhead goldfish to complement my existing pool of goldfish - Pearlscale, Shubukin and fantails. Unfortunately, after a night in the tank, they just kind of hid in one corner since this morning. I am not sure if they were "being bullied" by the other 6 goldfish during the night??

I transferred them to a hospital tank that I have and they seem to do well there, swimming happily.

Anybody has this kind of experience? How did you solve it?

"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Ha Ha .. Aren't lions supposed to be king of the jungle ?

Could it be that you have too many fishes in the tank and they are now fighting for territory ?
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 pm

winston wrote:Ha Ha .. Aren't lions supposed to be king of the jungle ?

Could it be that you have too many fishes in the tank and they are now fighting for territory ?

Possible. Might have to give away a couple of goldfish to friends... just keep 3-4 in a tank :D
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby helios » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Yup, Goldies will become aggressive if there is not enough space for them ...

Also, Goldies develop white spots easily, so regular water changes (with mild treatment) are necessary and when you observe them, it is important to look at their fins ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am

San - Tks for the tip.

I cycle the tank well and changed 25% of the water every week. However, I don't medicate unless there is a problem.

As for white spots treatment, forget about all the expensive herbal medicine sold by Qian Hu. When I had my first white spot outbreak 4 months ago, those meds did not work and caused a few of my fish to die after a week of medication. Then I researched more and bot a $2 methylene blue and the white spots cleared up in 3 days. I just remove the remaining meds using activated carbon. So far, I haven't had a problem since that outbreak.

I have decided to return the lionheads to the LFS so that they can survive better in another home. No point causing additional misery to another life.

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby helios » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 pm

LFS?

Just wondering if you can post a pic of your fish tank & Goldies? ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:47 pm

LFS - Live Fish Shop :P

Will show it to you on my phone next time we meet :D

millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Time to relax and look at some fishes before dinner :D
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Miscellaneous