Celebrities

Re: Celebrities

Postby millionairemind » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 am

Sigh.... poor children...

January 24, 2010
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie no more as actors ‘agree to split’
John Harlow

THE Hollywood actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have signed papers paving the way for a legal separation with joint custody of their six children, it was reported last night.

The couple, known as Brangelina, have been together since shooting the thriller Mr and Mrs Smith five years ago. They are said to have agreed that the children will live with Jolie.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 pm

I like Leno and I am happy he is going back to The Tonight Show. I can do without Conan..

Jan 29, 2010
'I became bad guy': Leno

CHICAGO - COMEDIAN Jay Leno said on Thursday he felt he had been unfairly portrayed as the bad guy in NBC's late night talk-show wars with Conan O'Brien, and would work to repair his image.

Leno told Oprah Winfrey in a television interview that 'nowhere in his wildest dreams' had he expected to be asked to take back his old job as host of The Tonight Show. Asked by Winfrey if he thought he had been unfairly cast in the media as the villain of the story, Leno answered: 'Yeah, I think it's a little unfair. And I'm going to work hard to try and rehabilitate that image.' In his first major interview since the acrimonious reshuffle, Leno said NBC had asked him to do so only after O'Brien turned down moving his own version of The Tonight Show show to a later start time of just past midnight.

'Nowhere in my wildest dreams did I think they would ask me to go back. It just didn't seem plausible,' Leno said of NBC.

Leno said he asked to be let out of his own contract soon after NBC said it was axing his prime-time The Jay Leno Show because of poor ratings and pressure from local affiliates.

But he said NBC told him he was still a 'valuable asset.' Leno handed over The Tonight Show, one of the most coveted jobs in late night US television, to O'Brien in June 2009 after 17 years. But ratings fell under O'Brien's brief tenure and CBS rival David Letterman stole Leno's crown as the king of late night TV.

Leno portrayed NBC's decisions as business, not personal, and said he felt he had no reason to feel guilty about O'Brien's departure. -- REUTERS
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sat May 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Lindsay Lohan wants a Chanel alcohol tag

Troubled actress and aspiring style guru Lindsay Lohan wants Chanel to help customize an unwanted fashion accessory -- her alcohol monitoring bracelet.

The 23-year-old was ordered to wear a Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor (SCRAM) device on Monday after a judge ignored pleas from her lawyer to undergo more frequent testing instead.

Lohan's attorney had argued the bracelet would interfere with her client's upcoming acting and modeling assignments.

Now though Lohan is seeking to help camouflage the bracelet with the help of French fashion giant Chanel.

"Can CHANEL please help me out by getting me some stickers to put on my SCRAM bracelet so that I can at least wear a chic dress?! maybe!?," Lohan tweeted on micro-blogging site Twitter.

Lohan faces a probation violation hearing on July 6 in Beverly Hills to address allegations that she had skipped alcohol education classes she was ordered, to undergo following her 2007 drunken driving conviction.

Source: AFP Global Edition
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 pm

S.H.E's Selina Jen's condition has taken a turn for the worst. When I watched her being SOS-airflown from Shanghai to Taipei and the subsequent visitations granted, I told myself that this poor loverly girl will very likely suffer real bad from infection and subsequent sepsis. It's really sad how she had disregarded personal safety whilst filming in Shanghai.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 pm

LenaHuat wrote:1) S.H.E's Selina Jen's condition has taken a turn for the worst.
2) It's really sad how she had disregarded personal safety whilst filming in Shanghai.

1) They mentioned that the burnt was to 40% of her body. I think Insurance Policies normally pay when there a 25% burnt so you can imagine how serious it is.

2) I dont think she disregarded personal safety. It's those special effects guys that disregarded safety.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Winston :D
I see. She was taped seeking assurance from the special effects guy that things would be alright.
If it was me, I would never believe these guys. The Taiwanese press wrote that there wasn't even a trial-run or a mock-up instruction run (without setting off the fireworks). If it was Big S, I think she would have stood her ground. It's a tragedy. Sudden death can occur with sepsis, which I think is what she's suffering now.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:47 pm

My understanding was that the 5 explosions blew up at the same time instead of in a sequence, which would have provided them with adequate time to run from the area.

Wonder whether the special effects director would be jailed or is it just another honest mistake ? :evil:
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Taiwanese talkshows are right now discussing the matter. Neither fire extinguisher or ambulance was on standby. No cream was applied. Both actor/actress were not wearing fire protection gear underneath their period costumers. Is the special effects director licensed to deal with fireworks? Reminds me of that horrendous fire at the famous Beijing Television Cultural Centre that razed the tower to the ground.

No1's talking about the injured actor who is a Mainland Chinese.
I think this is criminal negligence amounting to culpable homicide.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:52 pm

May she walk speedily towards recovery:
TAIPEI: S.H.E's Selina Jen's facial bandages were removed on Saturday and the singer saw herself for the first time since a filming accident left her with severe burns on her body, said Jen's father on his micro-blog.

"Selina's burned face was a deep red. She joked that she looks like Guan Gong (a popular Chinese warrior deity who is always depicted with a red face)," he wrote.

Jen's father added that she even asked her fiance, Richard Chang, who idolised Guan Gong, to address her as 'Idol! Idol!'.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner dumped at the altar

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Heartbroken Playboy founder Hugh Hefner said on Tuesday his wedding this weekend was canceled because his 25-year-old fiancee, a Playmate from his magazine, changed her mind.

Hefner, 85, and Crystal Harris were due to tie the knot in front of more than 300 guests at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles on Saturday. It would have been Hefner's third marriage.

"The wedding is off. Crystal has had a change of heart," Hefner wrote on Twitter.

"The breakup is a heart breaker, but better now than after the marriage," he added later.

He also denied a report on celebrity website TMZ.com that the couple had had "a nasty argument" on the phone.

Adding insult to injury, he said Harris took his favorite pet, a cocker spaniel named Charlie, when she moved out of the mansion.

On the other hand, Hefner said he has been consoled by his coterie of old pals and his former wife Kimberley Conrad, and announced he would be hosting a screening of "Runaway Bride."

Hefner proposed to Harris on Christmas Eve, he announced on Twitter at the time. Since then Hefner has been planning the nuptials in between serving as hands-on editor of Playboy and entertaining family and friends at movie screenings and backgammon games.

A two-hour TV special featuring wedding highlights was due to air July 13 on the women's cable channel Lifetime.

Hefner and second wife Conrad, a former Playmate now 48, divorced in 2010 after a lengthy separation. His first marriage to Mildred Williams ended in divorce in 1959. He has two children from each marriage.

Hefner, known around the world by his nickname, Hef, has championed sexual freedom and civil rights, published stories challenging McCarthyism and the Vietnam War, and backed gay causes and the legalization of marijuana.

With a cover featuring a calendar photo of Marilyn Monroe, Hefner put together the first issue of Playboy on the kitchen table in his Chicago apartment in 1953 at a cost of $600. It sold 51,000 copies -- enough to finance a second issue -- and led to a multimillion dollar international corporation, which Hefner recently took private.

Raised in San Diego by British parents, Harris met Hefner at his annual Halloween party in 2008.

She moved in to the mansion after a few weeks and became Playboy's Playmate of the Month in December 2009. She will be on the cover of the magazine's upcoming July issue.

Source: Reuters US Online Report Entertainment News
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous