iPhone ( & Apps )

Re: iPhone

Postby sidney » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:12 am

There is a app from zig ziglar on personal development。 I urge everyone with iphone to get it. I got it as soon as it knew it. Cost 1.99 usd. It is not tat lies in the price it matters bcos you will realise you wouldn't have to discover long this is worth more than 1.99. Make your iPhone one of the santuary for keeping and hearing the good stuffs.

Sometimes it just take one more good idea to save/improve your finances, health, relationships, and making a good life of wat it will take for you to achieve!
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby sidney » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:15 am

There is a app cAlled unusual. It abt deep sea creatures.. Fancinating video.. I dl foc months back, hopefully it's still free.
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby sidney » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:36 am

Go get it. Bible.is - free podcast bible.. One of the best bks written in 2000 years. I am not a chirstian. But sometimes we need to open up a little bit to learn n absorb. Some stories says.. Beware!! Dun messed up. Some teaches us go follow wat they did.

Here one of the best ever written to unlock the treasures.. To achieve greatness, be a servant of many. Behold!! Love my iPhone :) I'm still at old testimon genesis lol.
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby Musicwhiz » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:29 pm

I've seen this happening very frequently at restaurants - parents letting their kids play with the iPhone 100% of the time. This also happens with most of my friends/colleagues/peers who have kids - the iPhone is used as a distraction. I personally feel this is very unhealthy and so far I never let my girl near any such electronic device, for fear of her getting "hooked". OK, maybe I am just too old-school. :lol:

The Straits Times
Oct 10, 2010
iPhone, the new nanny

By Marc Lim

As one of the few remaining singles left among my peers, I've long accepted that any outing with friends these days means having the children in tow.

But what I'm still sometimes annoyed with are the interruptions.

Lunch, tea or dinner would never be complete without needing to fuss over the young'uns.

Inevitably, the adult conversations would be put on hold while mummy or daddy (depends on whose turn it is) attends to:

a) a soaked diaper

b) a cranky child

c) 'Timmy poke my eye'

d) all of the above

Recently though, my friends have come up with a solution to our conversation-killers - the iPhone.

A solution to boredom, a source of conflict resolution, a pacifier which helps put children to sleep, the iPhone is your one- stop-shop.

I remember being in awe at the power the gadget has on kids during a recent gathering at my friend James' home. It's never pretty when his son gets into one of his epic battles with our friend's four-year-old.

It almost always ends up with the two kids having to be pulled apart and be told to sit in a corner for 'alone time', but not before violent protests and potential ear-drum damaging screaming.

But on this occasion, all that was needed for peace to resume was both dads whipping out their iPhones.

I've never seen anything like it.

One second, the kids resemble hobbit-like transformers ready to rearrange the other's face, the next, they're sitting next to each other watching Barney and Ben 10 on their respective screens.

'There's no conflict it can't solve,' said James of his new 'nanny'.

'Well, except, a soaked diaper.'

Amazingly, this latest must-have among young parents doesn't just work on older children. Babies as young as 12 to 18 months are also charmed by the gadget.

Another friend says 'phone' was one of the first few words her daughter uttered, after mama, dada and milk.

I don't recall any point in history - well maybe not since ET phoned home - that 'phone' was such an important word in the English vocabulary.

Her mother sees it as an accomplishment worthy enough to parade in front of relatives. Uncles and aunties would gather round the cot during nap time to wait for the moment little Andrea cosies up before she breaks into the cutest: 'Mama, phone, pwease?'

Cue the 'awwws'.

Maybe I need to be a father to understand this, but I see it more as an addiction. How else can you explain the iPhone being a must-have for nap and sleep time?

'She falls asleep better to Barney', is her mother's rationale.

But my concern is that while one can wean a child off a pacifier or drinking milk from a bottle, I don't see the same happening for electronics. In fact, I see it getting worse.

The iPhone at two, Nintendo DS at five, Xbox by 10, full-blown geek devoid of any social skills by the time he reaches his teens.

Of course, I exaggerate. But one can see how it will be a sad day if even half the scenario comes true.

Youngsters these days are spending more time on computers and away from playgrounds. I was impressed when my 10-year-old nephew spoke highly of the football skills of Pele and Gerd Muller.

'Uncle, I can even do a bicycle kick,' he enthused. I shared in his excitement, for all of 10 seconds, until he told me that his moment of football genius was on the Xbox while playing with the Fifa All-Stars.

I then made the mistake of asking him why he doesn't go out and play the game.

His reply: 'But it's so hot!'

Call me a student of the old school, but I still believe kids should be out there, climbing trees, catching spiders, getting bruises.

In today's world, children getting into computer and hand-held games are inevitable. Do we need to hasten the process?

Yet, I can understand the fascination with the iPhone, or for that matter, the iPad. One needs only to type in 'kids and iPad' on YouTube to see what a hit the phone and the tablet are among the young.

They're interactive, full of colours, easy to use - what's there not to like?

My friend has even come up with a new mantra: An Apple a day keeps the children at bay.

I'm, however, not 100 per cent sold. I hope to have my own children some day and can't see how getting them hooked on electronics so early is good. But if the good people at Apple can teach an iPad to change a diaper, I just might reconsider.

[email protected]
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:55 pm

quite useful hor ? ;)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby b0rderc0llie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:23 pm

There is one app which I use everyday and I find it very useful :

http://www.rexbox.co.uk/epicwin/
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Re: iPhone ( & Apps )

Postby winston » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 am

10 Apps That Make Magic on Your iPad

When Steve Jobs introduced the iPad and referred to it as a magical device, lots of people snickered.

Silly people.

Most iPad owners will tell you that it can indeed inspire the kind of astonishment you might have felt while watching your first magic show — that is, if the device is properly loaded.

Here are my 10 favorite apps, plus a few extras to make the iPad magic happen:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40573291
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:31 pm

iPhone alarm glitch leaves users fuming

The bells weren't ringing for many iPhone users this New Year's weekend, when thanks to a glitch the alarms on Apple's iconic mobile phones failed to go off, causing many to oversleep.

It was the second time in just a few months that the alarm function on the phone failed to activate correctly, prompting an avalanche of complaints on the social networking micro-blog Twitter.

"Dear iPhone, why didn't your alarm go off this morning? I set six of them. I've now missed church. Thanks for nothing," said one user Sunday morning.

"Some sort of digital iPhone pandemic is going on. Alarm clock failure reports are pouring in from all sources around the globe," said another Twitter user.

Apple said in a message sent to Macworld magazine that the California-based company was aware of the problem. "We're aware of an issue related to non-repeating alarms set for January 1 or 2," spokeswoman Natalie Harrison said.

"Customers can set recurring alarms for those dates and all alarms will work properly beginning January 3."

The problem seemed to be affecting Apple's most recent versions of iPhones and iPods launched in November, but website Engadget suggested that it may also have hit earlier versions.

The problem first occurred when the clocks went back at the end of October and early November when Australian and British iPhone owners complained of being late for work because their alarms had not switched over to the new time.

Apple did not immediately respond to a query from AFP on Sunday.

Source: AFP Global Edition
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:10 pm

i know that "whatsapp" allows for free international SMS....everywhere you are in the world..

i hear that "viber" application allows for free phone calls...everywhere around the world....

these apps work on iphones and androids...

anyone with experience using "Viber"? any much better than Skype?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 am

IOMEGA just launched a new product that backups the iPhone and charge it at the same time.

http://www.iomega.com/superhero-iphone- ... index.html
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous