Golf / Tiger Woods

Re: Golf

Postby tonylim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 am

Had a game one Sunday at RCC, saw Lau Goh played there also . His flight was infront of us and we were told by the green marshall not to move too fast due to security reason. The flight ahead of him were all security personnels, and the one in his flight serving as caddy was also his personal body guards. Really super Vip man. ( Heard he palyoff 21 )
查颜观色,静观其变,审时度世.
tonylim
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby winston » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:58 am

Stroke the Ball, Don't Hit It

If you are looking to have a strong, powerful swing and not a misguided hack, stroke, rather than hit the ball.

The difference can be seen when examining a short putt, when it is easy to stroke the ball.

Hitting is not an option for a short putt, which makes it the easiest shot in golf. No desire to hit the ball allows a stroking, swinging motion.

Perfect this technique for short-distance shots and you will find increasing accuracy and distance with your long shots as well.

Source: wisdomtips.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm

The last time I hit some balls was on March 26, 2011. So it has been about 10 months already. And it's not likely that I will be hitting some balls in the near future ....

============================

"I learn something new about the game almost every time I step on the course."
-- Ben Hogan
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 pm

i thought you simply enjoy the game?

winston wrote:The last time I hit some balls was on March 26, 2011. So it has been about 10 months already. And it's not likely that I will be hitting some balls in the near future ....

============================

"I learn something new about the game almost every time I step on the course."
-- Ben Hogan
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 am

Golf: Tiger Woods wants long putter banned

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/ar ... d=10784211
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Can You Think Your Way To That Hole-In-One?

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/18/150813843 ... t=1&f=1007
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Smile & Laugh 08 (Mar 12 - Aug 12)

Postby winston » Thu May 10, 2012 6:21 am

Golf

Two men were out golfing.

As one was ready to take his shot, a funeral procession drove by the golf course. The man stopped what he was doing, put down his club, and took off his hat and placed it over his heart.

His partner was moved by this and said, "That's the nicest thing I've even seen you do!"

The man looked back at him and said, "Well, that's the least I could do after 20 years of marriage..."
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Golf / Tiger Woods

Postby winston » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 am

Grandpa

One day, a grandpa and his grandson go golfing.

The young one is really good and the old one is just giving him tips.

They are on hole 8 and there is a tree in the way and the grandpa says, "When I was your age, I would hit the ball right over that tree."

So, the grandson hits the ball and it bumps against the tree and lands not to far from where it started.

"Of course," added the grandpa, "when I was your age, the tree was only 3 feet tall."
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:55 pm

a mere MP with such privileges paid for by tax payers money

tonylim wrote:Had a game one Sunday at RCC, saw Lau Goh played there also . His flight was infront of us and we were told by the green marshall not to move too fast due to security reason. The flight ahead of him were all security personnels, and the one in his flight serving as caddy was also his personal body guards. Really super Vip man. ( Heard he palyoff 21 )
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Golf / Tiger Woods

Postby winston » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 am

Good Balance is Vital

Good balance is vital to the success of a great golf shot.

You need to balance yourself what i call 25/25/25/25.

25% on your heels, 25% on your toes, 25% on your back foot and 25% on your front foot.

Without having balance throughout the swing you will lack consistency, which is so important in becoming a good player.

- Bob Pellini
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous