Art 01 (Aug 08 - Nov 15)

Re: Art

Postby la papillion » Sun May 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Took me three days to do this. Considering the amount of things that I learned from this project alone, it's well worth it.

An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Muhajir » Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 pm

WOW.. You are really talented! All your illustrations are awesome.

Are you drawing using computer or what you call free hand?

Wish you the best, la papillion.

Ali
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby b0rderc0llie » Mon May 16, 2011 12:25 am

Very impressive, la papillion
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby la papillion » Mon May 16, 2011 1:00 am

Hi Ali,

Are you the same Ali who comments on my blog posts? Haha :) I'm drawing freehand on a tablet that is connected to a computer. It just basically removes the scanning process that would have to be done if I had done it on a piece of paper and digitized it. Thanks!

Hi bordercollie,

Thanks...going to draw a furry animal soon, haha :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Mon May 16, 2011 1:19 am

very solid lapap....

no need worry tan bo jia liao .. you are gifted with the talent for the arts... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby b0rderc0llie » Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 am

Cool, look forward to the furry animal
b0rderc0llie
Foreman

Postby winston » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:27 am

The Man Who Draws In His Sleep

What makes a man get out of bed and start drawing — while he's still asleep? Doctors are baffled; art critics are impressed

By Colin Fernandez / Source: TheWeek.com

Lee Hadwin is only a decent artist when he's awake, but asleep he's created masterpieces that have reportedly sold for six figures.

Lee Hadwin appears to be a perfectly normal 37-year-old nurse — by day. But when night falls, his other persona takes over: Hadwin is a gifted artist who sketches and paints in his sleep.

While there are countless documented cases of sleep-walking, this is the first known case of sleep-drawing.

Hadwin got started at age 4, when he scribbled on walls and furniture. Now some of his pieces fetch six-figure prices. Still, the North Wales native doesn't want to make art his career. He never studied art, and is lousy at drawing when awake.

"Art has never interested me at all," says Hadwin, as quoted by the BBC. But just in case, he now prepares by leaving a sketchpad, brushes, and other art supplies in his bedroom.

The reaction: "The whole thing is almost surreal," says Dean Praetorius at The Huffington Post. "It's almost scary how good he is, too."

Hadwin says that an evening of drinking can often trigger an episode of sleep-drawing. His condition leaves experts baffled: Doctors at the Edinburgh Sleep Center can't even determine what stage of sleep Hadwin is in when his creative impulses kick in.

Whatever is happening here, says Whitchurch Arts, it's working. And — who knows — there could be more sleep-drawing prodigies out there.

"Perhaps put out a piece of paper and pencil on the bedside table tonight to find out."

http://www.mindpowernews.com/SleepDrawing.htm
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:31 am

I went to check out the Van Gogh exhibition at the MBS recently.

I'm not really a Van Gogh fan and I saw some of his works in Amsterdam before. People at that Amsterdam museum were going gaga here and there but I was not really moved by his works.

Maybe it's because I know his history of depression and madness and dont want to be associated wih those things.

Having said that, there were a few pieces that I quite like:-

At this MBS Art Scence Museum, the admission price of Sin$15 is a bit of a turn-off, especially when you are not seeing the real paintings but wall-size projections of it. However, it was a nice way to spend a hot afternoon ..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:52 am

VG's "Sunflowers" is on permanent exhibition at the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square, London.

i have seen it up close on many occasions, as close as 10cm away and it is just beautiful...

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Also on at the MBS Art Science Museum, are the sculptures from Salvador Dali

Frankly, I dont know how to appreciate paintings like "Spellbound" below, which is on display at the B1 level:-

At least I now understand the symbolism of his melted clocks:-

Or why he has "drawers" on his figures:-

And there's is this memorable quote:-

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous