Mobile Phones ( incl Brain Tumor, Smart Watch etc. )

Re: Phones incl Skype, Brain Tumor etc.

Postby winston » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 am

Continue ...

The Biggest Thing Since E-Commerce

Here in the U.S., Starbucks was the first major retailer to start accepting m-payments— and it was a runaway success. In the first month alone, 3 million people paid for their grande caffeine fix using their smartphone. That’s an incredible 22% of ALL transactions.

A slew of major retailers are right behind them. McDonald’s will accept m-payments in all 1,200 U.K. stores this year. Pharmacy giant CVS already has terminals installed in stores across the country.

But it’s not just retailers that are jumping on mobile payments. Transit riders in Salt Lake City can leave their change at home and pay for metro or bus fare using their smartphone. Even some tech-savvy Girl Scout troops in Ohio let you satisfy that Thin Mint fix with a simple wave of your smartphone.

The applications are endless—vending machines, ATM withdrawal, gas pumps will all go mobile.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 am

Continue ...

Clash of the Titans

M-payments have set off a furious race among some of the most powerful, innovative companies on the planet.

Google, Apple, Microsoft, Visa, Verizon, American Express, ViVOtech, Verifone—all are frantically pursuing partnerships and developing new technology in a bid to dominate this space and capture a piece of what will be hundreds of millions of dollars in transaction fees.

Google has equipped thousands of merchants with wireless payment terminals in New York City and San Francisco.

Apple is selling mobile payment company Square’s device in their retail stores.

Verizon and Google have already had their first major battle over m-payments with Verizon banning Google Wallet from their newest smartphone.

NFC technology is being embedded in Androids and BlackBerrys as you read this. The latest rumor is that the iPhone 5 has NFC capability built in. If that’s true, we’ll see lightning quick adoption of mobile payments the same way we did with apps.

But either way, this market will absolutely ignite in the next 3 months and by this time next year, mobile payment will be a normal way to do business.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 am

Continue ...

GameChanger #2: Death of the Keyboard

Was it really just one year ago that the iPad debuted? That’s what happens when a monumental GameChanger bursts onto the scene immediately impossible to remember what life was like before it.

The way I travel, for example, has changed drastically in the last 6 months.

Now, when I need to book a ticket, I just whip out my smartphone and check flight options, book my ticket and pay that #&%$! baggage fee in one fell swoop.

I get a time to check in onlin email reminder from the airline, check in and down­load my boarding pass ALL from my iPad. At the airport, I head straight to the special line for those with mobile boarding passes, show my boarding pass on the screen of my smartphone and have plenty of time to check the latest market news before I board.

I do all of this without ever logging into my PC or laptop without ever touching a keyboard.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 am

Continue ...

Up 600% in One Year

The digital revolution we are living through is bigger than the invention of the printing press. Bigger than the telephone. Bigger than TV.

And it's hard to imagine any piece of this revolution having a bigger impact on our lives right now than the explosion of smartphones and tablets.

An astounding 15 million tablets sold in the first year. And that was just the warm-up. Some forecasts put second-year sales as high as 81 million units!

Tablet sales will eclipse netbook sales by next year and overtake laptops by 2015.

Just one year after the tablet was introduced, the PC era is over.

Source: GameChangers
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:27 pm

New Research Could Mean Cellphones That Can See Through Walls

Team Finds New Possibilities in Untapped Terahertz Range With Implications For a Host of Devices

Comic book hero superpowers may be one step closer to reality after the latest technological feats made by researchers at UT Dallas.

They have designed an imager chip that could turn mobile phones into devices that can see through walls, wood, plastics, paper and other objects.

http://www.utdallas.edu/news/2012/4/18- ... -wide.html
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 am

Italy: Court Rules Mobile Phones Can Cause Brain Tumors

Innocente Marcolini, 60, an Italian businessman, fell ill after using a handset at work for up to six hours every day for 12 years.

Now Italy’s Supreme Court in Rome has blamed his phone saying there is a “causal link” between his illness and phone use, the Sun has reported.

Mr Marcolini said: “This is significant for very many people. I wanted this problem to become public because many people still do not know the risks.

“I was on the phone, usually the mobile, for at least five or six hours every day at work.

“I wanted it recognised that there was a link between my illness and the use of mobile and cordless phones.

“Parents need to know their children are at risk of this illness.”

British scientists have claimed there is insufficient evidence to prove any link to mobiles.

But the respected oncologist and professor of environmental mutagenesis Angelo Gino Levis gave evidence for Mr Marcolini — along with neurosurgeon Dr Giuseppe Grasso.

They said electromagnetic radiation emitted by mobile and cordless phones can damage cells, making tumours more likely.

Prof Levis told The Sun: “The court decision is extremely important. It finally officially recognises the link.

“It’ll open not a road but a motorway to legal actions by victims. We’re considering a class action.”

Source: Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/96195 ... ules..html
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:57 am

Smartphones need antivirus protection too: computer experts

Almost 90 per cent of smartphone users are unaware of the need to install antivirus applications on their phones, computer experts have warned.

Source: SCMP
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Is Your Your Cell Phone Stealing Your Life Force? by Tim Chrisco

Your life force is your energy, often referred to as Qi, Prana, or Life Force. There are many names for it, and it is absolutely essential to life.

Many people don’t believe in energy because they can’t see it or touch it. Interestingly though, most everyone feels energy, even if they are not recognizing it for what it is.

It’s easy to explain off those feelings as one thing or another, but make no mistake about it, energy is all around us. If it weren’t, then you and I wouldn’t be here.

Most people believe that life is nourished and sustained by other ‘physical objects’, such as food, yet, this is not actually how life maintains itself. Energy is the substance that sustains life.

Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, proteins, etc. do not sustain life, it is the energy inside of these substances that enables life to exist here. Our bodies are in essence biological machines which run on energy, not dirt. Without energy, there is no life.

Energy is flowing and moving around us all the time, if it were not so, we would not be alive.

As a conscious, energetic being you have a unique way of interacting with energy, and your mind consciously controls your energy. When your mind is placed on things outside of you like objects, ideas, events, or people, then your energy leaves your body and follows your thoughts.

Conversely, when your mind focuses on your body, you attract and deepen your energy (life force) within your physical structure. This is the essence of many energetic physical arts, such as the ancient practice of Qi Gong.

http://www.stuartwilde.com/2013/01/is-y ... ife-force/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:11 am

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Phone Bacteria

Great. Just what we DON'T need...a modern way to get sick!

Fortunately, prevention is fairly simple.

The culprit is the smartphone. ANY smartphone. When you place your device against your face to make a call, you become intimate with a wide variety of pathogens.

They range from B (bacteria) to V (viruses).

I'll put it this way. Would you feel comfortable brushing your cheek against a toilet handle in a public restroom?

No? Then you'll probably want to clean your smartphone daily.

You might be thinking (like I was) that you're the only one that uses your phone. So it's nothing like toilet handle. Actually, your hands pick up untold numbers of pathogens every hour. And those bugs can thrive on your nice warm smartphone screen. But this produces another problem. How do you clean effectively without harming the screen?

The companies that make these advanced gadgets haven't really explored cleaning options. Aerosols and liquid cleaners are discouraged. But most device makers don't offer any recommendations.

According to a Wall St. Journal report, an alcohol wipe will kill most pathogens without harming most (not all) screens.

If you test a small corner of your screen and the wipe does no harm, then the key is diligence. You have to clean that screen. Frequently. Especially during flu season. And even more so if you ever share your phone.

Just what we need...a smart phone with even smarter bugs.

Source: HSI
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous