Art 01 (Aug 08 - Nov 15)

Re: Photo Art.....

Postby la papillion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:41 pm

kennynah wrote:awww....sorry sorry....

f**k lah...how i can remember which thread is what...right?

then this type how? photo or art ? tell me ok...if not f**k me again next time... :roll:

Erm K, can pls not post such pictures? I just lost my appetite :?
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Re: Art

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 pm

sorry i caused u to lose appetite... but this is a public forum...look away then. ok ?

on second thoughts.... i will go hide it...just for you ...and this time only.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby la papillion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Hoho K, thks for your favour ;)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:52 pm

lapap...loosen up a bit...it was supposed to be a coy joke between GR and me...

anyways....pls take no offence.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:02 pm

yo cheerie,

the book stated: the Art of Jim Warren.

any elaboration? mythical ...
Last edited by helios on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby la papillion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:03 pm

San,

The artist is also Jim warren :) Maybe it's self referential :P

K,

Hoho, I'm quite loosened :P wahaha
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Cherry » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm

La Papillion:
Cherry, indeed very nice! Any calligraphy ones too? I love paintings of gods..dunno why

La Papillion

I don't have nice paintings of Gods and calligraphy, sorry. I find those 2 paintings extremely fascinating. And I marvel at the way the artist conceptualised such unique, creative imaginations. The artist who painted them is Jim Warren. Too bad the colours are too cherry or cheery to your liking.

San San dear

Bo elaborations leh. They are concepts, not mythical. I find those paintings really awe-inspiring. Hope you like them.
Cherry
Foreman

Postby la papillion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Hee hee, cherry, I prefer this kind of fantansy art :) Those with darker shades :)

There is a art piece of gods at suntec. There is a chinese restaurant for eating dim sum, called pearl river delta. Outside the entrance to the restaurant, there is a beautiful wall separator with many chinese gods inside. I stared at it for a long time :)
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby Cherry » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:11 am

La Pap

You gave us a beautiful piece of Art. But, but, I find it too fierce, too tenacious, too ferocious, too tense. Even the girl, with all her beauty, is too hard. The dark shades give a hint of evil and death in the air. It appears to be a sinister place. Such paintings take away an appreciator's soft feelings and leave one with an uneasy feeling. No doubt at all, the painting is a beauty.
Last edited by Cherry on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cherry
Foreman

Postby helios » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 am

Cherry wrote:I don't have nice paintings of Gods and calligraphy, sorry. I find those 2 paintings extremely fascinating. And I marvel at the way the artist conceptualised such unique, creative imaginations.

Óh yes, i like both cherrie and pappie recommendations.

few days back, i was mentioning to -dol- on Greek Gods (especially, its pantheon art of gods, monsters, goddesses, heroes, mythic creatures).

in feb'08, i had a chance to visit the greek masterpieces from the Lóuvre @ National Museum during a media press visit. Ánd of course, my personal favourite is Goddness Aphrodite (see below).

Source: SingaporeSights.com
http://www.singaporesights.com/art/art/ ... s-louvre-6
helios
Permanent Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous