Options 02 (Oct 09 - Dec 24)

Re: Options Strategies and Discussions 2 (Nov 09 to Jun 10)

Postby iam802 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 pm

sidney wrote:Hi k ge, have you tried cross-currencies digitAl options? Is it available retail investors? and what is your opionion for this kind of products as I think it is OTC if I not wrong. I think payout is gd but goalposts aka spread is usually narrow.. Not easy to score goals..

That is usually the case.

If the odds of winning is narrow, then the payout is good. eg. 3 legged horse winning a race..or SG winning the World Cup.

And in currencies, where the volatility could be higher, it is very difficult to stay within the spread range.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 am

sidney wrote:Hi k ge, have you tried cross-currencies digitAl options? Is it available retail investors? and what is your opionion for this kind of products as I think it is OTC if I not wrong. I think payout is gd but goalposts aka spread is usually narrow.. Not easy to score goals..

pai seh pai seh... i totally missed out on this post...

my answer... never tried...duno what this cross-currencies digital options are....

is this what our banks are promoting to retail/private investors? eg, let's say eur/usd now 1.3665.... there's some issue with Strike at 1.39...or something like that?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby sidney » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 am

Hi Iam802, K Ge, actually i am not sure abt instrument too. I only know it also known as double-no touch..
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Re: Options Strategies and Discussions 2 (Nov 09 to Dec 10)

Postby iam802 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:57 pm

NOTE:

WEEKLY OPTIONS FROM CBOE:
Now Trade Expiration Week Every Week!

==============================

In other words, you have 52 option expirations per year vs 12 previously.

Hmm.., CBOE is listed, right?

Trading volume goes up => revenue up?
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:46 am

the reality, as you know 802, is that we have always had weeklies on selected options....so. this is not surprising
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby lithium » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:01 pm

HSI and HSI Sept Futures showing a 221 points slippage. Is this an arbitrage opportunity or HSI is going to gap down tomorrow? :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Play Great Defence, not Great Offence "
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby lithium » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

All the 21000 and above CALLS got dump today. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 pm

Lithium, r u allowed to Sell these Calls n Puts as new naked shorts?
Are these European style options?
Thanks!

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby lithium » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Kenny Ko, I'm not knowledgeable to trade options yet. So I don't know leh. Just started to monitor it a bit. :)

But I'm planning to trade the mini futures. Any good advise?
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi lithium,
Options n Futures are 2 very different instruments. To compare them would be trying to compare a truck to an elephant; nothing much in common.
So, if u intend to play Futures, then you needn't be directly concern yourself with options, unless you intend to dwell into options on futures..

A common msnotion that futures can be arbitraged with spot... Very little chance of this happening. Only very large commercials with machines can spot such opportunities n close them out in milliseconds

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas