Japanese Candlestick

Re: Japanese Candles - Technical Discussion

Postby lithium » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks for the reply San San.

Doji is not for me, percentage of accuracy very low. Or maybe I don't know how to use it.

Anyway, I think we are heading down. I continue to hibernate, this winter is very cold :D
"Play Great Defence, not Great Offence "
lithium
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby helios » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 pm

bro Lithium, you can wear (opt for) winter clothes ...

btw, do you know where i can get Steve Nelson's books? pdf.version?

any one knows?
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:56 pm

you can surely find this book in our libraries... if it is borrowed, you can reserve it for a small fee and have it sent the library nearest to you...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:59 pm

ha ha ...

Ken ge, i thought you gonna lend me yours ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:08 am

if i have it...i surely would.. san mei mei...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby profittaker » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi, how would you classify liquid and illiquid counters? Based on real dollar, what is the threshold that is used for this classification purpose?

kennynah wrote:
to note that while the volume seems high and liquid, remember that this is a <S$2 stock.. it is very different when you see millions of shares traded on Goog, aUSD560/share counter... my point being that candles are useful only when there's sufficient liquidity and thus making it lesser manipulated, which will render candles read less useful...

i would be very careful about using candles on singapore listed counters, especially illiquid counters. in fact, TA is much less useful on these charts.

learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm

subjective...i see it, i know...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 pm

I guess the definition of illiquid counters is all subjective.

I will check firstly the free float, then followed by how much the majority shareholders each hold.

Lastly and most importantly, the daily traded vol.

Say you have $100K to invest in a company. Its currently traded at $0.20/share. That means you can buy 500K shares of this company.

You check the free float and it looks fine.

However, you noticed that the daily traded volume is only 100K/shares... what do you do?

IMO, its an illiquid counter and I will not trade it.

Y? Cos' when you need to get out, there are NOT ENOUGH buyers to absorb your selling and you will be getting out at a REALLY BAD PRICE.

Of course, some retail "value investors" will come up with the mantra of buy and hold forever. That is provided they REALLY KNOW what they are doing. Unfortunately, most only know how to parrot this line but don't know what the hell what they are doing. There are a few in this forum who knows what they are doing. MW will be one of them :D

I only trade counters where I will at most form 10% of the average daily traded volume.

Here's an example of how when a majority shareholder needs to get out and the daily traded volume was not able to absorb the selling :D

Hope this helps.
Last edited by millionairemind on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby profittaker » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks MM for the detailed reply.
learning to swim. Welcome to comment on my Options trading journal
profittaker
Foreman

Postby iam802 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Here's a chart that is pretty useful.

Bullish reversal - noticed how it shows that forex chart is slightly different than equity?
Bullish Reversal Patterns.png

Source: http://www.fxwords.com/b/bullish-pevers ... tml#strong
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas