Asset Allocation 01 (Jun 09 - Jul 13)

Re: Asset Allocation

Postby winston » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Ha Ha ... Good memory. I dont have Pacific Shipping, FSL, Macquarie Infra and Rickmers anymore.

trying to get 6% yield but end up with 12% capital loss or more :?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 am

Dear All,

I have moved the various discussions on passive income into the "Dividend Stocks" thread.

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 pm

winston wrote:
New Allocation:-

Equities: 25% from 35% on Oct 15 ( Dividend Stocks still at 12% )
AUD Cash: 30%
Gold: 9%
Inverse ETF: 0% ( Still Waiting )

Equities down to 23% ( Dividend Stocks 12% )
Inverse ETF: 0% ( Maybe be time to start accumulating )
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:45 am

Nomura's Bob Janjuah says markets are so rigged by government policies that investing dangers lurk virtually everywhere.

"My personal recommendation is to sit in gold and non-financial high quality corporate credit and blue-chip big cap non-financial global equities," Janjuah writes at Zero Hedge.

"Bond and currency markets are now so rigged by policy makers that I have no meaningful insights to offer, other than my bubble fears."

Source: Money News
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:50 am

Ebbs & flows - Further outflows from Asia ex-JP

Global equities recorded an inflow of US$9.8b for the week ended 14 March, though non-ETF flows came in at a net selling of US$1.3b.

Investors were mainly trading to the positive macro news flow out of the US, where net buying in the US equities reached US$9.1b.

Asia ex-Japan recorded a second consecutive week of outflow at US$379m led by net selling in Korea and Singapore.

Outflows were seen in all sectors, with cyclicals like industrials, IT, consumer discretionary taking the biggest hit.

Data from the Investment Company Institute (ICI) shows that investments into stocks reached 46% of total mutual fund assets at end January 2012.

This is similar to levels seen during 2-3Q2010 when investors expected slow global growth (but not recession).

Unless Fed adopts QE3 to suppress US long bond yields, we expect the current round of asset reallocation in favour of equities to end.

Source: CIMB
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Equities: 25% ( Dividend Stocks 12% )
Puts & Inverse ETFs: 1%
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Chinaman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 pm

For me my allocation is a big different from boss w.

Property: 76%
Equities/ unit trust : 13%
CPF/SRS : 7%
Cash/ FD/Short tem endowment; 13%

Thinking of placing some cash in AUD, but 2nd tot stay put with cash still more safer....dunno when ppty will correct??? Met my ppty sifu one of the showroom...now he eyeing commercial ppty.
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby winston » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Equities: 31% from 25% ( Dividend Stocks 14% from 12% )
Gold, Silver & Gold Stocks: 13%
MYR Cash: 8%
Puts & Inverse ETFs: 0%

I should also start looking for any investment opportunity outside of the Financial Markets eg. agri land, small businesses etc.

If a Black Swan appears or if the financial system does collapse for a few weeks, I should at least have 10% of my assets outside of the financial system so that I can rebuild from there.

All paper assets including paper currency could be worthless in a big financial collapse.

Cant happen ? My grandfather was holding a lot of Japanese Banana Currency after WW2 ...
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Treasure assets make up sizeable portion of investor wealth: Barclays By Jasmine Ng

Treasure assets - items such as precious jewellery, fine art, wine, antique furniture, classic automobiles and precious metals - make up a sizeable portion of many investors' total wealth, going by the results of the latest Barclays study.

Singaporean high net worth individuals averagely hold 16 per cent of their total net worth in treasure assets, ranking second regionally and fourth globally behind the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and China.

The heart rules the head when it comes to investing in treasure as investors are far more likely to buy treasure assets for personal enjoyment than for financial gain.

Only 26 per cent of Singaporeans' treasure assets are held for financial reasons, compared with 36 per cent regionally and 18 per cent globally.

Source: Business Times
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Chinaman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Equities: 31% from 25% ( Dividend Stocks 14% from 12% )

Boss W, got any good dividend stocks for me to consider....oldman like us must go for stock with 5% yield at least to hedge inflation...otherwise long run eat grass.
My current dividend portfolio :
SingPost
SPH
SIA Engg
Suntec
Cambridge
Chinaman
Boss' Left Hand Person

PreviousNext

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas