Stockbrokers & Trading Accounts

Re: Stockbrokers

Postby blid2def » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm

LOL, TOS' charting and analysis is defo better than IB though; I grant you that. User support is good too, I also give that to you. :) Just that I don't have enough money to fund both IB and TOS accounts so that I can do intraday trades without limits on both of them. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Thanks everyone for highlighting all the differences.

Maybe don't think..just swim. Analyse till paralyse.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:46 pm

802 : tos will take a minimum of usd5K for starters, i think... but sec regulations will require every pattern trader to have a minimum of usd25k for day trades with no restrictions...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:48 pm

Yah lah, just open account (better to open joint account; my IB one is individual and now can't convert to joint account), fund, and:

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:00 am

eh....but joint account has its associated liabilities too... so must take this into account... the other way is of cos, if one has jit pa bun...then better enact a proper will...within it contains such trading accounts assets...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Order rejected

Postby memphisb » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi. can someone kind to explain this to me?

Rejected

Your order price has exceeded the number of bids allowed by the exchange. Please re-enter your order. :shock:
1000 book challenge. 13 down, 987 to go. Huatopedia has become my loses support group. Recent: Anthony Bolton, Investing against the Tide. Current Jim Rogers, A Bull In China.
memphisb
Coolie

Re: Order rejected

Postby blid2def » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:12 am

Just guessing - did you queue at a bid price that was quite far below the current bid?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby sidney » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:22 am

grandrake wrote:Just guessing - did you queue at a bid price that was quite far below the current bid?

Sounds like over q for bids..
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby memphisb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 am

yes i did. kh popup says must not be greater then 10 x $0.01 difference. but its strange that some counters can't queue even at less then 3x$0.01 difference. :x
1000 book challenge. 13 down, 987 to go. Huatopedia has become my loses support group. Recent: Anthony Bolton, Investing against the Tide. Current Jim Rogers, A Bull In China.
memphisb
Coolie

Postby winston » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 am

Hi memphisb,

Yes, UOBKH does not allow you to put in orders that are too far away from the last transaction :(

BTW, I would like to change the title of this thread to something like "Brokerage Accounts" so that we can also use this thread to discuss other issues relating to brokerage accounts.

Any suggestions on the new title ?

Take care,
Winston
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas