Decoupling Concept

Re: Decoupling Concept

Postby winston » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:24 pm

We make our decisions. Life goes on. Hopefully, I'm smart enough to learn something from it ;)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Hmmm.... EUR is up while the Dow is down :P
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm

there was never any convincing reasons for their movements to be +ve correlated in the first place...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 pm

kennynah wrote:there was never any convincing reasons for their movements to be +ve correlated in the first place...

Ha Ha ... I see the correlation everyday for the past few weeks so I'm conditioned already ...

I have no problem salivating when the bell is ring .. :P
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:21 am

TOL:-

With the Dow dripping down 100 points everyday, when would the Asians get fed up and decouple from the US markets ?

Things maybe depressing in the US and Europe and Japan, but I still see a lot of Asians especially the Chinese, spending money like water ....

Recently, I was at the Island Shangri La HK for about two weeks. Everyday at breakfast on the 7th Floor, the place was packed with a lot of Nouveau Rich Mainlanders .....
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:02 am

winston wrote:Recently, I was at the Island Shangri La HK for about two weeks. Everyday at breakfast on the 7th Floor, the place was packed with a lot of Nouveau Rich Mainlanders .....

noisy or not ? :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 am

Ha Ha .... ok, lah. Got money can make noise ;)
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Poles » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:29 am

风水轮流转
Poles
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby winston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:34 am

TOL:-

I'm starting to move towards the camp that thinks that the Emerging Markets may actually be able to decouple from the Developed World:-

1) As long as the Developed World does not enter a "Great Depression", I think the growth will continue in the "Emerging Markets".

2) As long as there's no crash in the US, the inflows into Emerging markets may continue
And where would the money for this inflow be from ? How about US Bonds ?

3) And maybe this time the consumers of the Emerging Markets may actually be able to replace some of the slack from the Developed World.

4) And maybe the rest of the slack can be replaced by Intra-Emerging markets trade.

Or would there be outflow from Emerging Markets back to the Developed World ?
1) Corporate Governance issues and
2) High Valuation in Emerging Markets
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 am

Dear All,

I have moved the discussions on online retailers into the "Retailers" thread.

Take care,
Winston
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Other Investment Instruments & Ideas